This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why the wii is not for me

Go down 
+14
Arbiteris
lilcrossv2
dreadraptor85
Blixtstorm
GeneralMLD
FaTb0y
fonderplague
DemonWolf
arnt god of war
M3A7L04F
Zombl337
Invaderzzim
CryonicMaestro ZA
spartan225
18 posters
AuthorMessage
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

Why the wii is not for me Empty
PostSubject: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:08 pm

The wii is for casual gamers in my opinon,there arnt a lot of games that I would play on that system(it is a good console but its just not for me) as I prefer shooters and to be honest the 360 is the best at having games that I like eg halo 3 and gears of war 2.
Is anyone else in the same boat? or if you have one tell us what made you buy the wii.
Back to top Go down
CryonicMaestro ZA
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
CryonicMaestro ZA

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:14 pm

I'm in the same boat as you mate. I spend the majority of my time on my Xbox 360 playing Call of Duty and Gears of War and the odd RPG like Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia and Fallout 3. The Wii does not cater for these type of games, and that is simply why I do not have one Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Invaderzzim

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Wii has some good FPS...not as good as 360 or PS3 as far as graphics go, but I think the gameplay is just as fun.
Back to top Go down
CryonicMaestro ZA
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
CryonicMaestro ZA

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Which FPS's does the Wii have ?
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:27 pm

CryonicMaestro ZA wrote:

Metroid Prime 3 & The Conduit are far as good FPS.
Back to top Go down
CryonicMaestro ZA
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
CryonicMaestro ZA

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:32 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
CryonicMaestro ZA wrote:

Metroid Prime 3 & The Conduit are far as good FPS.

Never heard of them, will check them out now, thanks.
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:37 pm

I would rather get a Wii then a PS3 because of my love for my Gamecube
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:21 pm

M3A7L04F wrote:
I would rather get a Wii then a PS3 because of my love for my Gamecube
your not the only one
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:41 am

I think Nintendo was good for a time. Their systems were getting all kinds of games but with the wii (and ds for that matter) they really seem to have aimed it towards kids and ...well, non gamers.
I would even rather the ps3 won the console war as opposed to wii. But I do think 360 should be in first place. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
fonderplague
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
fonderplague

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 2:17 pm

I have a wii for when girls come over.

Chicks love that wii. If it weren't for girls it would be collecting dust.
Back to top Go down
FaTb0y
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
FaTb0y

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Have you guys ever played the House of the Dead on Wii? I have to say it's pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
fonderplague
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
fonderplague

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 4:54 pm

FaTb0y wrote:
Have you guys ever played the House of the Dead on Wii? I have to say it's pretty fun.

Yeah it was ok. I'm not much for rail shooters.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:01 pm

onl the 2 resident evil chronicles games, dead space extraction, and metroid prime trilogy appeal to me.

perhaps thats worth a Wii....................when it gets a price drop.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:33 pm

Because the Nintendo 64 has better grafics and better games then the Wii...

My first console Very Happy followed by a bunch:

N64 - Excellent games and still playable today.
PS1 - Dont know why... Didnt play it.
Gamecube - Got sick of the games and sold it.
PS2 - Broke on me, reason for buying the xbox.
3x Xbox - Only 1 left and its chipped.
PS3 - Rarely played, not even for Blu-ray since my computer run them better :S
Xbox360 - Played every day, bought the Arcade, then wifi, then 120Gb, then a HD-TV. Best system ever IMO
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
FaTb0y
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
FaTb0y

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:40 pm

fonderplague wrote:
FaTb0y wrote:

Yeah it was ok. I'm not much for rail shooters.
I'm not really either, but it's fun if you have the guns.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:00 am

I like that it has Virtual Console.

Old games > New games
Back to top Go down
lilcrossv2

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Want me to recommend y'all some games?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:16 pm

ive owned a wii for 2 years before i got my 360(which was two mounths ago).i recenetly been playing more 360 but i still love my wii.id rather wii than ps3
Back to top Go down
ultima

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 3:55 am

i bought a wii mainly for zelda and fire emblem now that i have completed both said games my wii been gathering dust well heard its a new zelda game 2010/11...so 3 games really i should not have bought it
Back to top Go down
LightyKD
Seaman Recruit
LightyKD

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 8:43 pm

Wii won! Wii won! OK, sorry guys! I might be a Nintendo fanboy but even I know that my system isnt god. That's what separates the OK to deal with fans from the annoying ones. With that said, I think what most people don't get is that what separates Wii gamers from the rest isn't casual play style. Its true that the Nintendo side has a lot of "new" gamers but for us "Nintendo hardcore" gamers, our definition of hardcore is a lot different than yours. Most of you think that a game is only good when the "M" rating is slapped on the box. Dont get me wrong, we like a good action game too. hell I own "House of the Dead Overkill", "Madworld" and many other "M" rated games (I have 80 Wii games) but we also extend out definition a bit wider. Hell, a "kiddie" "E" rated game can be hardcore if it has the right gameplay.

Another thing is this, we don't want to blow s*it up all the time. That might be great for the shooter happy crowd on the 360 but most Nintendo gamers like to diversify their collections. I know that the 360 has a diverse library but its not nearly as diverse as the Wii (I'm not trying to jab with that one). There's a heavy emphasis on the shooters with your console and well...its different on our side of the fence. In the end, it boils down to different games for different people. I just want people to just realize that the Wii isnt all casual or kiddy. nintendo just has a different way of marketing their games to create a "something for everyone" atmosphere. Now I'm going to go lurk some more... This XBox Republic place is kinda interesting...
Back to top Go down
http://lightykd.blogspot.com
darkwingdragon709

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:20 pm

you guys here need to stop sellin the wii short by sayin its only for casual gamers and kids. you'd all know that isn't true by takin a quick gander in the wii neywork...not to mention that i'm 21 years old and play both wii and 360 games equally and constantly(more 360 as of late ONLY cause my wii stopped readin discs complely and i gotta get it repaired when i get some extra cash).

another thing some of you guys gotta understand is how to research and look for good games before you write a console off as casual/weak games only.
these are all hardcore games for "real" gamers:
super mario galaxy

metroid prime trilogy(first 2 are remastered versions of the gc games)

zelda TP(actually a gc game, but is more hardcore then most 360/wii/ps3 games right now)

the conduit

SSBB

super paper mario(don't let its graphical style fool you, its great)
no more heroes(literally defines the word hardcore)

battalion wars 2

fire emblem RD

metal of honor heroes 2

muramasa the demonblade

punchout

DBZ tenkiechi 3
...don't feel like namin EVERY game i own, but you guys get me. most of those games where either award winnin, highly rated, or are considered by many reviewers to be underrated gems...heck mario galaxy won game of the year 2007. so don't say the wii has NO "gamer" games cause i named only half my library...and i don't buy casual games at ALL. and i didn't even list any upcommin hardcore games.
Back to top Go down
Wii60
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:08 pm

spartan225 wrote:
The wii is for casual gamers in my opinon,there arnt a lot of games that I would play on that system(it is a good console but its just not for me) as I prefer shooters and to be honest the 360 is the best at having games that I like eg halo 3 and gears of war 2.
Is anyone else in the same boat? or if you have one tell us what made you buy the wii.
do you even have a wii or are you just blindly saying that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why the wii is not for me   Why the wii is not for me Empty

Back to top Go down

Why the wii is not for me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Other Gaming (General Talk)-
Jump to: