This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who here likes PSP?

Go down 
+20
ghost23
joe11
Permafry 42
*LuvinFuu*
Master_Chief
TheUniversalGamer
Noel
Lt Xplosi
Kendo
handkerchief
Stigma
allbeatswii
Arbiteris
RavingEagle730
dreadraptor85
altair
C_Panda
daveMastaKill
Stoney
DemonWolf
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:23 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Permafry 42 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
PSP is better because of

Pokemon Resistance Retribution
Shin Megami Tensei Shin Megami Tensei Persona
Chrono Trigger Syphon Filter
The World Ends With You God Of War Chains Of Olympus
Advance Wars Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
Lunar Knights Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
Final Fantasy ROFLMAO Final Fantasy: CRISIS CORE, greatest handheld FF ever!
Meteos Littlebigplanet
Ace Attorney Motorstorm Arctic Edge
Fire Emblem Dissidia Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Castle Vania Tekken
Dark Spire Metal Gear Solid
Kingdom hearts Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Metroid Prime: Hunters Medal Of Honor
Professor Layton Killzone Liberation

and so on
etc. etc.

And who could forget all of the generic JRPGs?

Edit: Oh yeah there's also
Mario Socom
Wario Silent Hill
Mario Cart Gran Turismo
Diddy Kong Racing (Devs = Rare? Weird) Jak N Daxter
Zelda Shadow Of Memories
Other Nintendo characters Ratchet & Clank
Disgaea LOL! Disgaea's on psp but it's utter shit. Shows the standards of ds owners Razz
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Warriors
Dragon Ball (Z) (GT) Soul Calibur
etc.

and there's stuff like:
Prince Of Persia
Field Commander
Pursuit Force
Midnight Club

Ace Attorney DESTROYS most of the psp games you listed when it comes to story. besides, he was listing series while you were listing individual games. and fyi most of the spin off games aren't as good as the series he listed. btw Disgaea is a great series despite being way too long. unless you just don't like sprite games...

pfft. Ace Attorney??? lol yeahhhhhhhh right.

Disgaea is dis-gay! Razz

And wut lol, spin-off or not, the games on psp are better because they match the console counterpart. Ds games NEVER DO!
Very Happy

DS has exclusives, PSP has shotty console ports and spinoffs.

And like Permafry said, i listed mostly series not individual games like you did.

Example: I said Shin Megami Tensei, But there is Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, and upcoming Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:24 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Ha,DS PWN'S the crap out of ur PSP Triple D!!!!!Ha,take that succckkkkaaaaaa

JK

>Razz hehehe I thought you didn't care about handhelds.
Console > handheld remember?

lololololol xD

lol!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Permafry 42 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Permafry 42 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
PSP is better because of

Meteos Littlebigplanet
Castle Vania Tekken

and so on
etc. etc.

Mario Socom
Wario Silent Hill
Mario Cart Gran Turismo
Zelda Shadow Of Memories
Disgaea LOL! Disgaea's on psp but it's utter shit. Shows the standards of ds owners Razz
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Warriors
etc.

and there's stuff like:
Prince Of Persia
Field Commander
Pursuit Force
Midnight Club

Ace Attorney DESTROYS most of the psp games you listed when it comes to story. besides, he was listing series while you were listing individual games. and fyi most of the spin off games aren't as good as the series he listed. btw Disgaea is a great series despite being way too long. unless you just don't like sprite games...

Disgaea is dis-gay! Razz

And wut lol, spin-off or not, the games on psp are better because they match the console counterpart. Ds games NEVER DO!
Very Happy

you're right. the ds games don't match their console counter parts; they're BETTER than their console versions. Drawn to Life. Pokemon. Mario Party. Mario Kart. Final Fantasy. arguably legend of zelda. the lego games. Ace Attorney series.

How many PSP games are BETTER than their console versions? and don't say all of them because you hate the ps3 Very Happy

Haha!
The only advantage ds has over psp is innovation and amount of games. But if you compare the quality, ds doesn't compete.
You get a questionable handheld experience whereas psp brings you the console gameplay of a current-gen system to the palm of your hand!!
If ds games were better of even as good as console games, why would there be an XBox 360 and a Ps3?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Permafry 42
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Permafry 42

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 7:45 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Permafry 42 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Permafry 42 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
PSP is better because of

Meteos Littlebigplanet
Castle Vania Tekken

and so on
etc. etc.

Mario Socom
Wario Silent Hill
Mario Cart Gran Turismo
Zelda Shadow Of Memories
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Warriors
etc.

and there's stuff like:
Prince Of Persia
Field Commander
Pursuit Force
Midnight Club

Disgaea is dis-gay! Razz

Very Happy

you're right. the ds games don't match their console counter parts; they're BETTER than their console versions. Drawn to Life. Pokemon. Mario Party. Mario Kart. Final Fantasy. arguably legend of zelda. the lego games. Ace Attorney series.

How many PSP games are BETTER than their console versions? and don't say all of them because you hate the ps3 Very Happy

Haha!
The only advantage ds has over psp is innovation and amount of games. But if you compare the quality, ds doesn't compete.
You get a questionable handheld experience whereas psp brings you the console gameplay of a current-gen system to the palm of your hand!!
If ds games were better of even as good as console games, why would there be an XBox 360 and a Ps3?

simple: graphics. the reason why the portable version are better are because they are portable. the reason that the 360, wii, ps3, PC, and every other platform this gen that isn't designed for portability was made was so that there can be better graphics. the portable versions can still be better though if the gameplay is either more fun or as fun as the console versions except that they are portable. this is why a console port isn't as good as original ips or ips made with different game play for the portable version.

also, as i said before, i have both a psp 3000 and a ds lite. i still know that the ds is a better portable because of the original or remade ips. why would i have bought a psp if i didn't enjoy playing on it?
Back to top Go down
http://thewiinetwork.forum-motion.net/index.htm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 7:26 am

Permafry 42 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Permafry 42 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Permafry 42 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
PSP is better because of

Meteos Littlebigplanet
Castle Vania Tekken

and so on
etc. etc.

Mario Socom
Wario Silent Hill
Mario Cart Gran Turismo
Zelda Shadow Of Memories
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Warriors
etc.

and there's stuff like:
Prince Of Persia
Field Commander
Pursuit Force
Midnight Club

Disgaea is dis-gay! Razz

Very Happy

Haha!

simple: graphics. the reason why the portable version are better are because they are portable. the reason that the 360, wii, ps3, PC, and every other platform this gen that isn't designed for portability was made was so that there can be better graphics. the portable versions can still be better though if the gameplay is either more fun or as fun as the console versions except that they are portable. this is why a console port isn't as good as original ips or ips made with different game play for the portable version.

also, as i said before, i have both a psp 3000 and a ds lite. i still know that the ds is a better portable because of the original or remade ips. why would i have bought a psp if i didn't enjoy playing on it?

I'm not talking about graphics. I'm talking about gameplay.

I don't play consoles like snes anymore. Why? Because technology's advanced and given us a fresh new style of gameplay. Ds is stuck with old technology, giving you a thousand side scrollers whereas psp has a lot of those but even more sandbox, open-world, vast, deep games with superb soundtracks and voice acting, realistic animation, great co-op, 32 player multiplayer, huge diverse well rendered environments, tight & dynamic gameplay, etc.

For example, the only gta game you got was top-down with no voice acting.
Psp got that gta but with 100 extra minutes of soundtrack, uncompressed audio to make it better quality, improved graphics & lighting effects, etc.
But it's other gta's pwn that, you can fully immerse yourself into the world as you have a full rotatable camera, a 3D fully animated character and better gameplay as a whole (you can fly planes!!!).

If you like retro-ish games, then fine, ds is for you. But psp imo is the best you can get in terms of handhelds.

But anyway, I've been persuaded by so many ds fanboys to get a ds eventhough my brother fell into that trap and absolutely detests his ds. But yeah, are there any free roam ds games you can recommend to me?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 7:33 am

demondragondude wrote:

I don't play consoles like snes anymore. Why? Because technology's advanced and given us a fresh new style of gameplay. Ds is stuck with old technology, giving you a thousand side scrollers whereas psp has a lot of those but even more sandbox, open-world, vast, deep games with superb soundtracks and voice acting, realistic animation, great co-op, 32 player multiplayer, huge diverse well rendered environments, tight & dynamic gameplay, etc.

Psp got that gta but with 100 extra minutes of soundtrack, uncompressed audio to make it better quality, improved graphics & lighting effects, etc.
But it's other gta's pwn that, you can fully immerse yourself into the world as you have a full rotatable camera, a 3D fully animated character and better gameplay as a whole (you can fly planes!!!).

If you like retro-ish games, then fine, ds is for you. But psp imo is the best you can get in terms of handhelds.

But anyway, I've been persuaded by so many ds fanboys to get a ds eventhough my brother fell into that trap and absolutely detests his ds. But yeah, are there any free roam ds games you can recommend to me?

holy shit man you just totally completely changed the way i view portable games. It is about the gameplay and the DS games are just the same old shit over and over. I'm not much of a portable gamer at all and ive never owned any portable system (unless you count iPod Touch but i got that for music). Now i might consider buying one.
Back to top Go down
Permafry 42
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Permafry 42

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:10 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Permafry 42 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Permafry 42 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Permafry 42 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
PSP is better because of

Meteos Littlebigplanet
Castle Vania Tekken

and so on
etc. etc.

Mario Socom
Wario Silent Hill
Mario Cart Gran Turismo
Zelda Shadow Of Memories
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Warriors
etc.

and there's stuff like:
Prince Of Persia
Field Commander
Pursuit Force
Midnight Club

Disgaea is dis-gay! Razz

Very Happy

Haha!

fyi i like both the psp and the DS as i have said so many times now. i can't wait for birth by sleep but i plan on using my psp primarily to play ps1 classics and media (yes i enjoy retro games as well as new games). however, the only console remake games that i want for my psp is LBP, Jak and Daxter Lost Frontier, and the Ratchet and Clank games. however, most games, like GT, i would prefer to play on a console; not a portable. and btw where's scribblenauts for psp hmm? the ds is more advance gameplay wise because it has 2 screens and 1 of them s a touch screen

The World Ends With You (seriously, this game is better than most of squares more recent projects),

Ace Attorney (the 2D actually makes the game play much better, and i haven't heard of any game out for the psp so far that has as good of a drama story than this game). while not an open world per-say, it still gives the feel of 1 (an especially in their latest game revolving around miles edgeworth)

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days (highly under rated; a great game if you like kingdom hearts, and an openworld game),

Metroid Prime: Hunters (which btw pwns most of the 3d FPS games on the psp, and is definitely better than socom for psp (gameplay wise)),

Mario Kart and Diddy Kong racing (both great kart racing games that are better than the console versions),

Super Mario DS (this game was updated with a whole bunch of new features, mini games, and more that make use of the touch screen).

The ds is better because it has more games, more great series, more new ips than the psp that aren't crap, more exclusives (meaning games that aren't just ports from other platforms), it is less expensive (ther lite is anyways), it has better controls than the psp due to a touch screen, and it has a larger fanbase.

PSP has better graphics, better media playback, more console ports, better online services, and that's about it.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:24 pm

ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

holy shit man you just totally completely changed the way i view portable games. It is about the gameplay and the DS games are just the same old shit over and over. I'm not much of a portable gamer at all and ive never owned any portable system (unless you count iPod Touch but i got that for music). Now i might consider buying one.

Lmao thanks xD
Hope you do. Handheld gaming's awesome!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Permafry 42 wrote:

fyi i like both the psp and the DS as i have said so many times now. i can't wait for birth by sleep but i plan on using my psp primarily to play ps1 classics and media (yes i enjoy retro games as well as new games). however, the only console remake games that i want for my psp is LBP, Jak and Daxter Lost Frontier, and the Ratchet and Clank games. however, most games, like GT, i would prefer to play on a console; not a portable. and btw where's scribblenauts for psp hmm? the ds is more advance gameplay wise because it has 2 screens and 1 of them s a touch screen

The World Ends With You (seriously, this game is better than most of squares more recent projects),

Ace Attorney (the 2D actually makes the game play much better, and i haven't heard of any game out for the psp so far that has as good of a drama story than this game). while not an open world per-say, it still gives the feel of 1 (an especially in their latest game revolving around miles edgeworth)

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days (highly under rated; a great game if you like kingdom hearts, and an openworld game),

Metroid Prime: Hunters (which btw pwns most of the 3d FPS games on the psp, and is definitely better than socom for psp (gameplay wise)),

Mario Kart and Diddy Kong racing (both great kart racing games that are better than the console versions),

Super Mario DS (this game was updated with a whole bunch of new features, mini games, and more that make use of the touch screen).

The ds is better because it has more games, more great series, more new ips than the psp that aren't crap, more exclusives (meaning games that aren't just ports from other platforms), it is less expensive (ther lite is anyways), it has better controls than the psp due to a touch screen, and it has a larger fanbase.

PSP has better graphics, better media playback, more console ports, better online services, and that's about it.

"the only console remake games that i want for my psp is LBP, Jak and Daxter Lost Frontier, and the Ratchet and Clank games"

ok, so you're saying that you like some consle remakes.

lol well if you like some then it shows that you have acceptance for the idea of ports or handheld remakes of console and therefore you can't criticise that psp has a lot of ports. Anyway, the only reason psp has a load of ports is because it can handle them. If ds could handle ports you think it wouldn't get many? lol

And a touch screen/dual screen does not mean advanced lmao.
It means different form of control.
That's as far as it goes. In terms of gameplay, ds lacks.

-The World ends with you? lol Doesn't interest me. Looks flat.

- Ace Attorney? Broken Sword is better but it doesn't have voice acting so yeah.. :/

-Kingdom Hearts, yah that looks good! But will it live up to the standards of Birth By Sleep on psp? Keep in mind that the psp umd holds around 9 times the size of a ds cartridge.

-Metroid... no way. Have you played Resistance Retribution on psp?! The ai are better, there are more enemies on screen at once, the online mode is unmatched by any other handheld game, the animation's great and is different for each creature, there are ragdoll physics on all enemies, the weapon abilities are amazing (eg: slow down time, shoot through surfaces), graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay mechanics are perfect. Seriously, it's the handheld equivalent of Gears Of War. And on Metroid you repeat boss battles and stuff and the level design's generally cramped or just uninteresting.

-Mariokart , I agree it's pretty much better than most console versions (not Double dash though, I prefer that). But it's just a kart racing game like any other. It's like pacman rally on psp. Except psp is getting ModNation racers which will pwn all MK games.

-Super Mario 64, OMG ITS A PORT!! OMG OMG OMG! Psp has way better ports. It has Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix, one of my favourite ps2 games of all time, with 4 levels thrown in as well!!
It has Gta Vice City but with new characters/storyline.
It has Gta III but with new characters/storyline, etc.

But yeah I've played SM64 and don't like it anyway. If I did care I would emulate it on PSP, it does run full speed.

Okaayyy? Razz

Anyway I will not deny that the ds's games LIBRARY is better. It's fact. It's larger and has more well known titles.
BUT how many of these titles live up to the standards of the console counterpart??

Come on, tell me how many?

Psp on the other hand......

PWNZ!!

Look at the similarities between PSP and PS3!!!

Look at my PSP vs DS video and I explain myself:

Back to top Go down
Permafry 42
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Permafry 42

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:51 pm

a certain someone is starting to be offended oooh. what ever. as i said i have both psp and ds so i'm not missing anything =D

"In terms of gameplay, ds lacks."

if you personally don't like ds, that's fine. however, the facts are that psp is superior graphics wise (why it has so many ports), while ds factually has more gameplay options and is therefore superior in gameplay. and as everyone should know, Gameplay > Graphics.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:48 pm

Psp is the best in media options, online, graphics, and controls. End of discussion
Back to top Go down
Permafry 42
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Permafry 42

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 5:23 pm

joe11 wrote:
Psp is the best in media options, online, graphics, and controls. End of discussion

agree with you on everything but controls. if you personally like psp's controls more, then that's fine, but the ds has more controls options then the psp.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Permafry 42 wrote:
joe11 wrote:

agree with you on everything but controls. if you personally like psp's controls more, then that's fine, but the ds has more controls options then the psp.
it does
Back to top Go down
Permafry 42
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Permafry 42

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 7:22 pm

joe11 wrote:
Permafry 42 wrote:
joe11 wrote:

it does

(this is assuming u disagree with me)

some games on the ds use the touch screen and the regular buttons, while the psp uses only buttons. as the ds has more options, it has better controls. end of story.
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:43 pm

i like the games. dont have the kind of money for one. pretty expensive for a handheld
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Permafry 42 wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Permafry 42 wrote:
joe11 wrote:

it does

(this is assuming u disagree with me)

some games on the ds use the touch screen and the regular buttons, while the psp uses only buttons. as the ds has more options, it has better controls. end of story.

Permafry is right.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:22 pm

My black DS lite is the first and only handheld I've ever owned. Embarassed

I've played PSP before, but I hate only having one analog stick.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:58 pm

i preffer dsi (imma get dsi xl)
Back to top Go down
djsonic99
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
djsonic99

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:09 pm

psp is awesome i got two words crisis core
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:38 pm

I'm not arguing here. I'm only doing it on the PSP vs DS forum section. So yeah...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who here likes PSP?   Who here likes PSP? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who here likes PSP?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3