This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IBM cancels Cell development

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

IBM cancels Cell development Empty
PostSubject: IBM cancels Cell development   IBM cancels Cell development EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 10:21 am

Looks like IBM is pulling out of Cell processor development. But what about teh Cells potentialz? lol
http://www.n4g.com/tech/News-431744.aspx
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: IBM cancels Cell development   IBM cancels Cell development EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 10:49 am

Interesting. Well at least Blu-Ray survived. If the HD-DVD had won, Sony would be F.U.B.A.R.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: IBM cancels Cell development   IBM cancels Cell development EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 11:14 am

daveMastaKill wrote:
Interesting. Well at least Blu-Ray survived. If the HD-DVD had won, Sony would be F.U.B.A.R.

has it?

you know there are still substitutes for it and many other things in develpment..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: IBM cancels Cell development   IBM cancels Cell development EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:12 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

has it?

you know there are still substitutes for it and many other things in develpment..

Yeah?

Cool.... i mean i didn't know. All i saw was the fight about HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. And after BR won i thought it would be the one to suceed the DVD. I really didn't know that other types of formats are been created. LoL
Back to top Go down
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: IBM cancels Cell development   IBM cancels Cell development EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:27 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Blu-Ray sure hasn't won the market share. It's still very niche. And, digital distribution has more market share then blu-Ray. Lol

Also, regarding this topic, I am not surprised Ibm dropped Cell. Hell, as a matter if fact, I remember when Apple was asked to use Cell for Mac's, and Steve Jobs basically said how they suck then a big fat no! Lol
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: IBM cancels Cell development   IBM cancels Cell development EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:06 am

The Cell was a grand experiment, but it yielded no benefits to tradition multi-core processing which has continued to become smaller and more efficient. IBM got paid by Sony to make it, used the tech to sell a better chip to Microsoft and has walked away clean while Sony is stuck with an overcomplicated waste of money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: IBM cancels Cell development   IBM cancels Cell development EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:51 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
The Cell was a grand experiment, but it yielded no benefits to tradition multi-core processing which has continued to become smaller and more efficient. IBM got paid by Sony to make it, used the tech to sell a better chip to Microsoft and has walked away clean while Sony is stuck with an overcomplicated waste of money.
Don't you know? Sony loves to waste, and burn their money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IBM cancels Cell development   IBM cancels Cell development Empty

Back to top Go down

IBM cancels Cell development
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: