This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What happened to the Playstation brand?

Go down 
+11
Master_Chief
Spartan v07
Arbiteris
lli2j4r
Killer7
C_Panda
DemonWolf
spartan225
343_Guilty_Spark
orca464
miroforlife
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
miroforlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
miroforlife

What happened to the Playstation brand? Empty
PostSubject: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:11 am

It's garbage. Compared to the Wii and Xbox 360 the PS3 has shamed it's own namesake. PS1 and PS2 were at like 50 million in 4 years and the PS3 will never sell like the that.

Last edited by 343_Guilty_Spark on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling/Grammer)
Back to top Go down
orca464
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
orca464

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:18 am

because its a system that is made up of hype
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:29 am

The PSone did well becuase Sega dropped the ball with the excellent Saturn and Nintendo was too late out of the gate with the N64. Sony had no competition and developers only had one choice, make games for the PSone or sell next to nothing.

The PS2 did well thanks entirely to the PSone's reputation. Developers moved right over from the PSone to the PS2. Sega was pushed out of market and once again Sony found themselves the only viable platform while Nintendo and Microsoft were readying their machines.

But this generation hasn't been so lucky for Sony. Microsoft was the first out of the gate and this time developers only had one choice, make games for the Xbox 360 or sell next to nothing. Both Nintendo and Sony waited and Nintendo took all the steam away from Sony.

Sony no longer has the loyal third party support that fell in the PSone and PS2's laps. They made all the wrong choices, mostly out of arrogance. The Wii went for casuals, the Xbox 360 went for core gamers, and Sony was left with Blu-Ray watchers and hardcore Sony fanslaves who are now a minority.

Sony thought the world would always go their way, and that complacency has let Microsoft strike fast and hard and put Sony back were they belong. At the bottom.

Last edited by 343_Guilty_Spark on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 12:30 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
The PSone did well becuase Sega dropped the ball with the excellent Saturn and Nintendo was too late out of the gate with the N64. Sony had no competition and developers only had one choice, make games for the PSone or sell next to nothing.

The PS2 did well thanks entirely to the PSone's reputation. Developers moved right over from the PSone to the PS2. Sega was pushed out of market and once again Sony found themselves the only viable platform while Nintendo and Microsoft were readying their machines.

But this generation hasn't been so lucky for Sony. Microsoft was the first out of the gate and this time developers only had one choice, make games for the Xbox 360 or sell next to nothing. Both Nintendo and Sony waited and Nintendo took all the steam away from Sony.

Sony no longer has the loyal third party support that fell in the PSone and PS2's laps. They made all the wrong choices, mostly out of arrogance. The Wii went for casuals, the Xbox 360 went for core gamers, and Sony was left with Blu-Ray watchers and hardcore Sony fanslaves who are now a minority.

Sony thought the world would always go their way, and that complacency was let Microsoft strike fast and hard and put Sony back were they belong. At the bottom.
Well said
Back to top Go down
miroforlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
miroforlife

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 12:45 pm

yea
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 1:58 pm

I still prefer ps3 to wii any day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 1:59 pm

Sony pooped on it.
Back to top Go down
Killer7
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 5:43 pm

I don't think its that bad not its 2009 guys not 2006/2007 and the ps3 is getting better and its selling well and having great games coming in 2010
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:22 pm

Killer7 wrote:
I don't think its that bad not its 2009 guys not 2006/2007 and the ps3 is getting better and its selling well and having great games coming in 2010

It's last place with no hope of even making second place. SOny went from lucky breaks and 1st place in two generations to the bottom. The Playstation brand has been destroyed and will never be what it once was. Xbox is the new leading brand in video game entertainment. Wii doesn't count, it's last gen tech with a gimmicky controller and we'll see what happens when Natal upstages that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
lli2j4r
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:27 pm

i saw in the news that the ps3 sold the new friday bundles in 8 hours. they say if u got em ur very lucky. ps3 shouldnt sell that well its dead last.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:30 pm

Sony is rumored to making a ps4 soon.Because ps3 failed so much.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Making a ps4 will be a mistake,they cant afford to support a ps4,if anything they want to wait as long as they can this gen.
Back to top Go down
lli2j4r
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:36 pm

720 will own everything omg lol
360 rules thatz y i bought it 5 times alrdy ;D i have a collection i just bought the new mw2 elite
Back to top Go down
Killer7
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:40 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killer7 wrote:

It's last place with no hope of even making second place. SOny went from lucky breaks and 1st place in two generations to the bottom. The Playstation brand has been destroyed and will never be what it once was. Xbox is the new leading brand in video game entertainment. Wii doesn't count, it's last gen tech with a gimmicky controller and we'll see what happens when Natal upstages that.
come on who cares if the ps3 is in last place doesn't make the ps3 bad it had a really rough start and the wii is not gimmicky and no offense atleast the wii has controllers and have hardcore games and natal to me is going to be limited and stupid without an controler it doesn't make sense
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:43 pm

Killer7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killer7 wrote:

come on who cares if the ps3 is in last place doesn't make the ps3 bad it had a really rough start and the wii is not gimmicky and no offense atleast the wii has controllers and have hardcore games and natal to me is going to be limited and stupid without an controler it doesn't make sense

yea but that is not MS's main focus liken nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Killer7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killer7 wrote:

How come i keep seeing you defend the ps3 and go against 360?
Back to top Go down
Killer7
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:55 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Killer7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killer7 wrote:

I have nothing againts the 360 hell I had the 360 first before I have the wii and ps3 I'm just saying that the ps3 is getting betting its not like 2006/2007 when sony make alot of mistakes and sony learn from there mistakes thats all its not like the ps3 is going to fail
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:01 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Killer7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killer7 wrote:

Because hes another brownie from the Playstation Academy.
Back to top Go down
Killer7
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:03 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Killer7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killer7 wrote:

I'm not from playstation universty and atleast playstation universty respects all gamers and don't ban people for stupid reasons
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:03 pm

Killer7 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Killer7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killer7 wrote:

I have nothing againts the 360 hell I had the 360 first before I have the wii and ps3 I'm just saying that the ps3 is getting betting its not like 2006/2007 when sony make alot of mistakes and sony learn from there mistakes thats all its not like the ps3 is going to fail
So you dont even own a 360 yet you join a 360 fansite and defend the PS3 and the Wii which you do own. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:04 pm

ps3 is a failure and deserves it,lol talking crap about gamecube last gen and now it's time to pay back.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:04 pm

Killer7 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Killer7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killer7 wrote:

Well,actually the ps3 has already failed.Thats why sony is going to release ps4 earlier.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Killer7 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Killer7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killer7 wrote:

I'm not from playstation universty and atleast playstation universty respects all gamers and don't ban people for stupid reasons
How would you know that if youre not from there?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:06 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Killer7 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Killer7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killer7 wrote:

So you dont even own a 360 yet you join a 360 fansite and defend the PS3 and the Wii which you do own. Interesting.

He does fit the description of a stealth troll perfectly.Hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Killer7 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Killer7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killer7 wrote:

How would you know that if youre not from there?

LOL,good point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Playstation brand?   What happened to the Playstation brand? Empty

Back to top Go down

What happened to the Playstation brand?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: