This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy

Go down 
+4
Spartan v07
im-360...xbox360
M3A7L04F
toxicavenger778
8 posters
AuthorMessage
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy Empty
PostSubject: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Quote :
1) Game Description:
They will not refer to video games simply as games. The games will either fall under the categories of exclusive or multi-platform. Games exclusive to the PS3 platform are always weighted as being of far more value.

2) Price Analysis:
Often times articles are about current sales trends. They are usually from NPD or Chart Track. If the PS3 is not first in sales it is because the PS3 has a price disadvantage because it is more expensive than the consoles that Microsoft and Nintendo offer. But if an the article is posted about the PS3 pricing itself, these very same people will claim the PS3 is actually the cheapest out of the three consoles available because of available features. Usually the Sony fanboy will bring up features out of box such as Wii-fi, Bluray...etc. This is a tricky one so be aware.

3) Comparative Analysis:
Websites such as GameTrailers, Eurogamer, or GameSpot sometimes do in-depth analysis of cross platform games. If the PS3 version of the game is found to have a lower framerate or lower texture detail etc, the equipment used to do the video capture has been corrupted. The people that analyze these games everyday for a living are not the experts...the fanboys are.

4)Media Bias:
If games exclusive to the PS3 platform do not receive AAA ratings from any given website it is obvious that they are biased against Sony or the PS3 or paid by Microsoft. Games that are exclusive to the PS3 platform all deserve a rating of nine or higher. The fact that these game outlets have been reviewing games for years is irrelevant. They all of a sudden have no credibility.

5: Developer Laziness:
If a game turns out subpar in any way, shape or form on the PS3 it is soley due to developer laziness. A good example of this is Valve. Since Valve sometimes opts to make games for the 360 or PC it is because they are lazy. And also since they outsourced there development material for the PS3 version of the Orange Box to EA. Never mind the fact that Valve is a very small development team with limited funds that has no experience with PS3 development. On the other end of the spectrum, developers who make PS3 exclusive games such as Insomniac, Naughty Dog...etc are never lazy. They are the cream of the crop of the development community.

6: Every PS3 Gamer is a Hardcore PC Gamer:
Many 360 games are released on both the 360 and PC. PS3 fanboys always stress the point that they will be buying the PC version of the game in every PC/Xbox 360 thread. It is ovious that every PS3 owner also owns a very high end PC rig. A game that is released on both the 360 and PC is not a console exclusive. Keep in mind that the PC is a console also. This will be posted in five to ten of their comments on most Xbox 360/PC threads. Whether the game is actually good or not is secondary. The only thing that matters is whether the game is a "true" exclusive or not.

7: DVD-9:
If the PS3 version of a game underperforms in any way shape or form than a rival console version of the game it is never the PS3's fault. It is because the game had to be dumbed down because of the limitations of the Xbox 360. Usually this point is stressed or blamed on the limitations of DVD-9. DVD-9 is usually the scapegoat for various other problems also. Usually you will see at least one comment in any thread no matter what the topic is about the problems with DVD-9.

8: The PS3 Exclusives List:
The PS3 exclusives list is the holy grail of any Sony fanboy. It can put an end to any debate and is considered the ultimate of rebuttals. You have to realize there is no countering the sacred list.

9) A Game is a Flop Until it Comes to the PS3:
Recently the game Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was announced for the PS3. Some of the reviews for the original Xbox 360 version were less than stellar. This game was considered a flop because it didn't reach the same score as Sigma, that is until it was recently announced for the PS3. Now every PS3 owner has no reason to buy an Xbox 360.

10) Red Ring of Death:
If a Sony fanboy is cornered with no valid rebuttal there is always red ring of death. Red ring of death is very similar to the PS3 exclusives list. It is the be-all end-all of all arguments. Once you have been on the receiving end of a RRoD statement your argument is considered case closed. They never seem to remember the PS2's disk read error.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ToxicAvenger778
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Can I use this to make a video?
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:15 pm

M3A7L04F wrote:

Go ahead.I didnt write it just found it on a different forum and reposted it here
Back to top Go down
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
im-360...xbox360

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:18 pm

truth

i will now spam this on every thread on every gaming site to get some hate frm ps3fantards
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:21 pm

ToxicAvenger778 wrote:
M3A7L04F wrote:

Go ahead.I didnt write it just found it on a different forum and reposted it here
what song should I use? The Halo soundtrack?
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:23 pm

M3A7L04F you should make a vid about why ps3 sucks. remember my list?ill see if i can find the topic to bump it.
Back to top Go down
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:24 pm

M3A7L04F wrote:
ToxicAvenger778 wrote:
M3A7L04F wrote:

Sure.That would suit it quite well
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
M3A7L04F you should make a vid about why ps3 sucks. remember my list?ill see if i can find the topic to bump it.
what list? I don't remember..
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
this one

https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/the-console-war-f1/ps3-sucks-and-here-is-why-t116.htm
thought you were going to make it
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Very true. That list totally nails it. I've seen those arguments and excuses used over and over by PS3 fantards.
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Okay, I just need a song now, I still don't know if I should use the Halo Soundtrack or the Mass Effect soundtrack...

Mass Effect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3RPPHbk28w

Halo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lceOdKYFzrw
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:12 pm

Halo
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:25 am

I forgot just how fricking awesome the Halo theme is!!! Until now!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:54 am

M3A7L04F wrote:
ToxicAvenger778 wrote:
M3A7L04F wrote:

Lmao yeahhh halo soundtrack would be funny xD

Or maybe Fable soundtrack Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy   In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy Empty

Back to top Go down

In-depth guide to identifying a PS3 Fanboy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: