This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3

Go down 
+9
jimmybox
DemonWolf
ghost23
343_Guilty_Spark
M3A7L04F
Blixtstorm
Stoney
Link
Master_Chief
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Link

Link

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:19 pm

GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 Cookie-monster-wtf-is-this
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:21 pm

My God I was expecting top notch graphics from this GT 5 considering how long it was in production...but I gotta say, all bias aside, it looks poo.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:23 am

I agree with you.... This is bullshit!!! OMG the BLUUU RAAAYYYY!!!

Just kidding...

The gameplay looks terrible and the photomode pictures looks amazing..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:25 am

And the ingame cars look nothing like they do in replay mode.
http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstation3/granturismo5/videos/12757/hd
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:44 am

Horrible, can't see any hope for this series
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 5:15 am

Not even true 1080p. And according to digital foundry the rendering is the same as it was on GTP.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-gt5-time-trial-blog-entry
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 5:24 am

Master_Chief wrote:
Not even true 1080p. And according to digital foundry the rendering is the same as it was on GTP.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-gt5-time-trial-blog-entry

Yeah that's what I heard too. PS3 fantards refuse to believe that Forza 3 looks better than GT5 when we have already seen them both side by side and when it comes to gameplay Forza 3 beats GT5 hands down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:54 am

wtf....

GT5, which has had a 5 year development period, cannot even compete with Forza 3 which had a 2 year development cycle.

I would feel sorry for Sony Fanboys, but i dont cause they are fuked in the head
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:09 am

Youkiddingme wrote:
Quote :
GTplanet: someone with access to the demo also received an email from Sony that wanted to emphasize this is not a demo of Gran Turismo 5, and is only being released for GT Academy. Polyphony Digital has also posted a new press release, clearly stating the demo was "specifically designed for this competition to showcase the realism of the brand-new physics engine" and nothing more.

'Nuff said

Need to attack a game at every turn, eh? Is it really that hard to accept a great game on the PS3?
LMAO A butthurt brownie quoting a bs email from Sony and PR from PD. Hillarious. Sony and PD know the demo is mediocre too so theyre doing damage control.

Last edited by Master_Chief on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:13 am

Youkiddingme wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Youkiddingme wrote:
Quote :
GTplanet: someone with access to the demo also received an email from Sony that wanted to emphasize this is not a demo of Gran Turismo 5, and is only being released for GT Academy. Polyphony Digital has also posted a new press release, clearly stating the demo was "specifically designed for this competition to showcase the realism of the brand-new physics engine" and nothing more.

'Nuff said

Need to attack a game at every turn, eh? Is it really that hard to accept a great game on the PS3?
LMAO A butthurt brownie quoting a bs email from Sony. Hillarious.

Butthurt brownie? I just try to correct bullshit when I see it... I didn't know Mechwarrior 4 was on Playstation since, you know, that's what I'm playing.
Go back to the Playstation University. The only bs is coming from Sony and PD. You PS3 fantards believe anything that Sony PR tells you.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:24 am

Youkiddingme wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Youkiddingme wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Youkiddingme wrote:
Quote :

'Nuff said

LMAO A butthurt brownie quoting a bs email from Sony. Hillarious.

Butthurt brownie? I just try to correct bullshit when I see it... I didn't know Mechwarrior 4 was on Playstation since, you know, that's what I'm playing.
Go back to the Playstation University. The only bs is coming from Sony and PD. You PS3 fantards believe anything that Sony PR tells you.

Yes, I'm a PS3 fantard that's why I play on the PC... god are you that thick?

Also if you look at "actual" GT5 footage/screens it looks a lot better so still think that email is BS if factual evidence is right in front of your face?
No it doesnt. The ingame graphics look nothing like the touched up replay mode does. Thats why all these bullshots come from replay mode. Ingame looks crap. Especially the environments.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:33 am

Youkiddingme wrote:
I find it funny that you say that because whenever this argument comes up I always see the Forza 3 side also use the "touched up" replay shots and call them in game. Odd huh?

Maybe if you actually tried the game maybe you could have a creditable opinion but like most of the people on this forum you act like sheep and believe everything you're "master" tells you.

Sad really...
LMAO I played GTP and it was a joke. 2d trees, paper cutout crowds, 2d backgrounds and flat textures abound. And funny how big sites like IGN said Forza 3 was the best racing game they ever played and that GT5 will need to step it up to match it. Destructoid played GT5 at TGS and deemed Forza 3 better in every category.
http://www.destructoid.com/tgs-09-forza-motorsport-3-vs-gran-turismo-5-149770.phtml
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:42 am

He not here any more...

Its not weird that they become rabid from their most prized possession in the PS3 library..
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:47 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
He not here any more...

Its not weird that they become rabid from their most prized possession in the PS3 library..
Thats very true. And its good that troll felt your banhammer. lol
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:00 am

LMAO I just went to the European PSN store (US store hasnt updated yet) and downloaded this demo. And in the beginning it says 'This is a demo version of the upcoming GT5 due out in 2010.' So this is indeed a demo of GT5. If Sony is going to lie and say its not a demo then they better get PD to take that off of there.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 11:48 am

I think the car models look a bit more detailed in gt5.
But I think overall, the tracks of fm3 are a lot better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
jimmybox

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:49 pm

Having played the GT5 demo, I have to say, the controls and physics just don't feel right.

And the graphics? People have been say it's just a 200 meg demo, and a time trial. Well, keep this in mind. If it looks this bad with only one car, add in 15 more cars, AI, damage, and you know what? The game isn't going to look any better.

Then they point to the Toyko track saying how much better it looks. True, it does look better than this crappy demo, but like I've said before, their Tokyo and London tracks are the best ones they have. City tracks have always looked the best. So two good looking tracks in the entire game, mixed with a whole bunch of average to ugly look tracks isn't a good ratio.

Now for the cars, no they don't look any better than Forza. The only thing GT has and might always will have over Forza is the lighting. It affacts everything. That is why the cars seem to look better. They have no more detail than Forza's. Then again, when you have ugly backdrops, you can afford things like better lighting.
Back to top Go down
gamerdude
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:52 pm

guys calm down its just a demo wait till the real thing to judge it
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:54 pm

jimmybox wrote:
Having played the GT5 demo, I have to say, the controls and physics just don't feel right.

And the graphics? People have been say it's just a 200 meg demo, and a time trial. Well, keep this in mind. If it looks this bad with only one car, add in 15 more cars, AI, damage, and you know what? The game isn't going to look any better.

Then they point to the Toyko track saying how much better it looks. True, it does look better than this crappy demo, but like I've said before, their Tokyo and London tracks are the best ones they have. City tracks have always looked the best. So two good looking tracks in the entire game, mixed with a whole bunch of average to ugly look tracks isn't a good ratio.

Now for the cars, no they don't look any better than Forza. The only thing GT has and might always will have over Forza is the lighting. It affacts everything. That is why the cars seem to look better. They have no more detail than Forza's. Then again, when you have ugly backdrops, you can afford things like better lighting.
Very true.
Back to top Go down
jimmybox

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:26 pm

gamerdude wrote:

It's Sony and PD's responsibility to give their fans a demo that represents the final game. If they release a 200meg "demo", calling it a "demo" (and yes, look at the very first screen that pops up once you load the game. It says "GT5 demo") that it looks bad and has whacked out physics, well I'm sorry but this is what I'll use to judge.

These guys have had too many chance to try and prove their game. 5 years for god sakes.
Demo after demo after demo. If they don't want people to judge their game off of a 200meg demo, then STOP MAKING DEMOS and get their asses in gear. Finish the freaking game and stop wasting time making useless demos.

They already buttraped their fans buy "selling" GT5P at retail.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:27 pm

gamerdude wrote:

I've waited 4 demos!!! I aint going to hold my breath.......why have Sony ruined a great franchise?
Back to top Go down
gamerdude
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:30 pm

the demo is not even GT5 engine its a compelety differnt engine so yeah the graphics are going to vary im just waiting till the real game comes out to make my decision on how the graphics are
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 5:10 am

gamerdude wrote:
the demo is not even GT5 engine its a compelety differnt engine so yeah the graphics are going to vary im just waiting till the real game comes out to make my decision on how the graphics are
LMAO What bs. The disclaimer in the demo says THIS IS THE DEMO VERSION OF GT5 DUE OUT IN 2010. Then it goes on to say how its a sample of GT5 and so forth. So its definitley a demo of GT5 with the GT5 engine. You can even tell by looking at it that its the same engine. And why would you make a demo with a different graphics engine than the final game? Isnt the point of a demo to show what a game is going to be like? Sony trying to say its not a demo is nothing more than damage control. Sony also said this demo is the GT5 engine with the new physics added.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:47 am

I tried it yesterday, and i wasnt impressed at all...

It looks good but the side of the track is just awful for a game in this calibre.

The driving physics was crap! The car handle worse then a shopping trolley on skates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3   GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

GT5 tracks look awfully barren in comparison to Forza 3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next