This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I have never played Halo.

Go down 
+10
Zombl337
Arbiteris
spartan225
Mr. Project Natal
ghost23
dreadraptor85
Stoney
gamerdude
buddhapride69
Pickles
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

I have never played Halo. Empty
PostSubject: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:37 pm

I just got my 360 a few months ago so don't flame me! So I want to know a few things about it. Is the story good? Does it deserve the praise it's getting? Are the novels and comics good?

I'm thinking of downloading the first one off of Live.
Back to top Go down
buddhapride69
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
buddhapride69

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:27 pm

they are all fantastic it definately deserves the praise it gets and it does arrant a purchase its a must buy simply
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buddhapride69
gamerdude
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:37 pm

I only played the first one im not really into FPS they never really amaze me
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:42 pm

This isnt personal....but you my friend are a LOSER!!!!!! JK.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:08 pm

Halo 1 - good
Halo 2 - gay
Halo 3 - good
Halo Wars - (Never played, can't judge.)
Halo ODST - (Never played, can't judge.)

Looking forward to Halo Reach.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 pm

I'm not the biggest fan of Halo..but I thought Halo 2 was the best...Jeez me and deadraptor just cant agree! LOL
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:57 pm

xSTONEYX187 wrote:
I'm not the biggest fan of Halo..but I thought Halo 2 was the best...Jeez me and deadraptor just cant agree! LOL

Ummm.......

I like pizza.

Do you?

pig
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 11:07 pm

dreadraptor85 wrote:
xSTONEYX187 wrote:

Ummm.......

I like pizza.

Do you?

pig

Nah!!...I hate it!!!!!!!.......................................(I actually love pizza..this is just for arguements sake) bounce
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:51 am

Halo is an amazing franchise and the story is very deep. Prepared to be overwhelmed a little bit at times. Halo Reach is gonna be revolutionary.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 11:59 am

Truthfully...I never did like Halo 3.... only when I was with friends but I guess its because I never played enough to get into it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 12:01 pm

dreadraptor85 wrote:
Halo 1 - good
Halo 2 - gay
Halo 3 - good
Halo Wars - (Never played, can't judge.)
Halo ODST - (Never played, can't judge.)

Looking forward to Halo Reach.

How was halo 2 gay?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 12:27 pm

Pickles wrote:
I just got my 360 a few months ago so don't flame me! So I want to know a few things about it. Is the story good? Does it deserve the praise it's getting? Are the novels and comics good?

I'm thinking of downloading the first one off of Live.

Games:

Halo 1(CE)-was really great.Best game for the xbox IMO.Great story.TONS of fun.AWESOME soundtrack

Halo 2-Awesome game.great graphics(for its time),great story,you get to be the arbiter,great levels and an AWESOME soundtrack

Halo 3-good,lots of fun,the stroy was pretty good,AWESOME multiplayer,Great soundtrack.

Halo Wars-Great game.Great controls.Pretty good campaign.Awesome cutscenes.Good armies.Good soundtrack(i love the theme song)and great story.Best console RTS yet.

Halo 3 ODST-Great game.an awesome camapgin but short.Deep story.Good graphics.Firefight is fricken awesome.Gives you all map packs for Halo 3 online.

Novels:

Halo:Fall of Reach-one of the best story's out there.Very deep storyline.

Halo:The Flood-Good novel.Takes place during Halo 1's campaign.Gives you other perspectives of the battle of installation 04(Basically Halo 1).

Halo:The First Strike-Great novel.Great story and an exciting one.

Halo:Ghosts of Onyx-Great story and very interesting

Halo:Contact Harvest-great and deep story.

Halo:The Cole Protocol-Great story

Halo Evolutions:i havn't read it yet but heard it was awesome.

Comic series:

Halo Uprising:Good story,but a little to dramatic for me.Not enought action imo.You can get the hardcover(includes all issues)

Halo Helljumpers:Great series.The is a must buy if you love odst's and Halo 3 ODST.The Hardcover comes out next Feb

Halo Bloodlines-The first issue came out on the 16th of december.

Graphic Novels:

Halo Graphics Novel:Great short stories

Halo Encyclopedia:Covers Halo lore,species culture,Military ranks,Cov races/homeworlds ect.A must buy for a Hardcore Halo Fan

Well,if you love games with GREAT stories then Look no further than Halo.Tons a fun and there isnt a better developed franchise out there.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 12:54 pm

Buy Halo 1 & 2 on eBay (prolly like $5-$10 each), and then get Halo 3 & Halo Wars on eBay (prolly $15-$20 each) and buy Halo 3 ODST.....then you will be up to date with the story. Each Halo game has been progressively more awesome!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 10:49 am

I love Halo 3. Epic game.
Not played Halo 2 but Halo 1 I don't really like....good multiplayer but meh...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:06 am

.... I havent played Halo 3..... I just got 1300 Gs from the xbox Wink Razz

No but Halo is a game that everyone should atleast rent or buy used.

I love the game, well i barely play it now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:19 pm

The story is ok. Its good for what it is. But most people play Halo for the online multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 3:19 pm

Kendo wrote:
The story is ok. Its good for what it is. But most people play Halo for the online multiplayer.

Are you fricken crazy!!!!There isnt a more vast or deeper video game story out there
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Kendo wrote:

Are you fricken crazy!!!!There isnt a more vast or deeper video game story out there
I see. Well Metal Gear Solid has a deep story. Am I crazy... uh no. I just usually play online multiplayer on Halo... XD... to me that is Halo at its core. But the story is really good.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 7:50 pm

Kendo wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Kendo wrote:

I see. Well Metal Gear Solid has a deep story. Am I crazy... uh no. I just usually play online multiplayer on Halo... XD... to me that is Halo at its core. But the story is really good.

Well, I personally am not too keen on the story myself. I suppose it's because I'm not really a sci-fi fan but the story is really deep. I think the load of novels and graphic novels pretty much prove that. xD

But yeah good point about metal gear solid. It does seem to have a deep story from what I've seen but I don't reckon it's so vast as Halo's. I play mainly on the multiplayer of Halo too. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 8:13 pm

to clarify how deep it is let me say this, it's a next gen starwars, and my god we no how deep star wars is, though i know halo has a great STORY, but people say that the half life series, which is good, has a better story, to me no, just better STORY TELLLING, which is still epic to this day,
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 8:51 pm

Hm... indeed.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:17 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Kendo wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Kendo wrote:

Well, I personally am not too keen on the story myself. I suppose it's because I'm not really a sci-fi fan but the story is really deep. I think the load of novels and graphic novels pretty much prove that. xD

But yeah good point about metal gear solid. It does seem to have a deep story from what I've seen but I don't reckon it's so vast as Halo's. I play mainly on the multiplayer of Halo too. Wink

Metal gears solid has a deep sotry,but is very complex.Halo has a deep story that isnt complex and everyon can jump into.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:19 pm

Dont judge the Halo story from Halo 3.Play the other Halo's.Halo 3 had a good story but moslty concentrated on multiplayer.Play halo 1 and 2 before halo 3.Halo odst and Halo wars also make the story much more deep.

Then tell me the story isnt that great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have never played Halo.   I have never played Halo. Empty

Back to top Go down

I have never played Halo.
Page 1 of 1