This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Assassin's Creed II Review

Go down 
+7
Arbiteris
Stoney
Mr. Project Natal
Master_Chief
DemonWolf
Kendo
ghost23
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

Assassin's Creed II Review Empty
PostSubject: Assassin's Creed II Review   Assassin's Creed II Review EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 7:56 am

Story- Assassin's Creed II picks up right at the end of Assassin's Creed. Desmond is in his bedroom when Lucy Stillman runs in and tells him that they need to leave Abstergo. Before they break out, Desmond syncs in with another one of his ancestors, Ezio Auditore Da Firenze. Desmond is then taken to a hideout where he enters Animus 2.0 reliving the life his ancestor in Renaissance Italy.
Ezio is a young Florentine Noble who lives the life that everyone dreams of. That is until one day he is betrayed by people who were close to him and his father and two brothers are executed. Giovanni Auditore leaves Ezio his Assassin's gear and Ezio heads off seeking revenge upon those who have betrayed his family, only to uncover a conspiracy larger than anything he could have imagined. Although the story may be a bit overwhelming at times, it is definitely a memorable one and very well written.
10/10

Gameplay- The "wow-factor" of the Parkour mechanics seen in Assassin's Creed have definitely been subdued this time around. The scaling and free running is largely the same from AC1 and there was no need to change it (why change something that is already excellent?). The addition of another hidden blade and 3 new types of assassinations (Ledge Assassination, Air Assassination and Hiding Spot Assassination) really adds a new twist to the gameplay as Ezio can now approach his targets in new ways. Also the ability to swim will also silence alot of the critics out there. Although the combat has been improved with new weapons and techniques, it still has that "this is too easy" feel to it as enemies attack you one at a time and watch their friends die. The mission structure has also been vastly improved over ACI. Repetition is gone, instead Ubisoft went for a more Grand Theft Auto style structure where you would go to an area marked on the map, that would trigger a cutscene, you do the mission, cutscene. The gameplay is a lot more narrative driven this time.

9/10
Graphics- This game is nothing short of stunning. The two main cities, Florance and Venice have been recreated with incredible accuracy. It is really a visual delight to the eyes seeing such landmarks such as the Rialto or the Basilica. There is also a great amount more colour in this game compared to the grey and barren Assassins Creed 1. The only criticism would be occasional pop-in and poor character faces especially when up close.

9.5/10

Replayability- The story mode takes around 20-24 hours to complete if you just focus on it. After that there is just a huge amount of side quests for you to do. This time, there are actually in-game rewards for completing them. The side quests actually take what is great about the game, and putting a twist to them, such as the assassination contracts and the Assassin tombs. This game will keep drawing you back until you are 100% synchronized with your ancestor.

9.5/10

Assassin's Creed II is an amazing package. The team at Ubisoft really listened to the criticisms of the first game and fixed just about everything they possibly could. The engrossing story will keep you hooked until the end. Italy is just a delight to run around and kill every guard you see with a wide array of Assassination Skills. If you loved AC1, you will want to get a second job just to buy this, if you hated AC1, give this a try and see if AC2 lives up to the promises of AC1.

Overall 9.5/10

Last edited by ghost23 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed II Review   Assassin's Creed II Review EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 10:58 pm

Huh? Looks awesome. I totally want this game. I hope I get it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed II Review   Assassin's Creed II Review EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:12 pm

I played it and it is amazing despite that I didn't want to admit it. I think I prefer the first one though so I'm going to get AC1 and ACBloodlines before getting AC2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed II Review   Assassin's Creed II Review EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:15 am

demondragondude wrote:
I played it and it is amazing despite that I didn't want to admit it. I think I prefer the first one though so I'm going to get AC1 and ACBloodlines before getting AC2

I'd say dont get bloodlines. I played it and i really didnt like it. For me to say an Assassin's game sucks is big since AC2 was my fav game of the decade. But yeh i dont think bloodlines is worth it. You can basically learn everything about the storylines in bloodlines through the codex pages in AC2
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed II Review   Assassin's Creed II Review EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 10:22 am

Yeah I'm in the middle of this game and its way better than the first one. And the graphics look awesome especially the textures and lighting. Nice normal mapping too. Anyway I'm having alot of fun playing it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed II Review   Assassin's Creed II Review EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 am

It is a really great game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed II Review   Assassin's Creed II Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:24 am

It deserved GOTY....having played and completed both UC2 and AC2....AC2 was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed II Review   Assassin's Creed II Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:27 am

It should have gotten GOTY.I had doubts when i first got it but that soon changed.This game is so sweet.A huge improvment from the first.
Back to top Go down
TheUniversalGamer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed II Review   Assassin's Creed II Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:12 am

I didn't love Assassin's Creed, and I was a bit disappointed with Assassin's Creed 2. Then again, I didn't play much of AC2, so maybe I should go back and play a little more before fully judging it.

But then again, maybe the AC series just isn't for me.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed II Review   Assassin's Creed II Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:07 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
It deserved GOTY....having played and completed both UC2 and AC2....AC2 was amazing.
It deserves it.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed II Review   Assassin's Creed II Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 2:15 pm

The story in the end was pretty freaky...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed II Review   Assassin's Creed II Review EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 9:43 am

RagnathePhunkGamer wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
It deserves it.
It did deserve it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed II Review   Assassin's Creed II Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Assassin's Creed II Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: