This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?

Go down 
+7
M3A7L04F
handkerchief
tr3ykilla
Arbiteris
daveMastaKill
IcyMeteor
Kendo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? Empty
PostSubject: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 7:56 pm

I am wondering this because I have never in my life seen people speak so fondly of a Sony series (besides fanboys), but I have seen people talk about Halo constantly. Which one did make more of an impact?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
IcyMeteor
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
IcyMeteor

Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:02 pm

I say sony mainly because I knew what sony was before microsoft didnt really care who microsoft was untill 08 when i got my xbox
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Nintendo
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:14 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Nintendo

I agree
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:22 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
Nintendo

I agree
Lol I agree as well.
Back to top Go down
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tr3ykilla

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 9:23 pm

Kendo wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
Nintendo

I agree
Lol I agree as well.

WORD!
Back to top Go down
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 9:30 pm

ouch does it hurt that much guys come on it was sony or microsoft. not nintendo. i personally believe that sony has made more of an impact just by a little bit but in years to come we have to wait and see what microsoft will pull out the bag with natal and anything they have kept quite about if they have.

obviously nintendo had made a massive impact bringing gaming back to life back in the day
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 pm

matrixrory wrote:
ouch does it hurt that much guys come on it was sony or microsoft. not nintendo. i personally believe that sony has made more of an impact just by a little bit but in years to come we have to wait and see what microsoft will pull out the bag with natal and anything they have kept quite about if they have.

obviously nintendo had made a massive impact bringing gaming back to life back in the day
Indeed.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:15 pm

Sony PlayStation wouldn't probably exist cuz of Nintendo. Is that not the story? Nintendo joined Sony to create a CD-Based console but it was never fully concretized.
However Sony took what they learned and created Sony Computer Entertainment, commonly know today has PlayStation.
At least thats my interpretation of things, and i'm not the only one to think that..
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:16 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Sony PlayStation wouldn't probably exist cuz of Nintendo. Is that not the story? Nintendo joined Sony to create a CD-Based console but it was never fully concretized.
However Sony took what they learned and created Sony Computer Entertainment, commonly know today has PlayStation.
At least thats my interpretation of things, and i'm not the only one to think that..

You are right.I rememeber reading that up on wikipedia
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:18 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

You are right.I rememeber reading that up on wikipedia
me too
I vote for Nintendo
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:21 pm

matrixrory wrote:

No it doesn't. My awnser, has any sane persons answers is Sony of course. They made two of the most important moves in videogaming: games on CD's and DVD's and now Blu-Ray i guess, althought this format today is not has nearly compelling has the other two back them.
But if they can pull more Uncharted's 2's then thats the way of the future.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:25 pm

But M$ does not stay that much behind. In they're first trying on videogaming they created the most solid online play on consoles and a franchise that today is has big has fucking Super Mario, Halo.
Thats something people.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:26 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
matrixrory wrote:

No it doesn't. My awnser, has any sane persons answers is Sony of course. They made two of the most important moves in videogaming: games on CD's and DVD's and now Blu-Ray i guess, althought this format today is not has nearly compelling has the other two back them.
But if they can pull more Uncharted's 2's then thats the way of the future.
Didn't Sega do CDs first, Sega CD and Sega Saturn.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:32 pm

In general and for the laymens Sonys PlayStation was the groundbraking console.
The Sega CD was a pile of shit (go watch the Angry Videogame Nerd and you will find out why) and the Saturn was still borrowing alot from the MegaDrive like the controller, not to mention it was difficult to create games for it.
Actually i think its the only time Sony was the "easiest" console to develop for.
N64 was also a nightmare cuz of the cartbriges.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:34 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
In general and for the laymens Sonys PlayStation was the groundbraking console.
The Sega CD was a pile of shit (go watch the Angry Videogame Nerd and you will find out why) and the Saturn was still borrowing alot from the MegaDrive like the controller, not to mention it was difficult to create games for it.
Actually i think its the only time Sony was the "easiest" console to develop for.
N64 was also a nightmare cuz of the cartbriges.
Ah ok... I already saw the AVGN's video though... Smile
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 3:16 am

IcyMeteor wrote:
I say sony mainly because I knew what sony was before microsoft didnt really care who microsoft was untill 08 when i got my xbox

That's crazy. Sony's games before the original Playstation all sucked major ass. Microsoft has not only made it possible for PC game to exist longer than I bet you've been alive, but their software and technology is what kept PC gaming above consoles for every generation. Direct X alone has done more for gaming than Sony's evil business practices have. Back in the day Microsoft used to be one of the top PC game publishers. Today they've switched over to console games, but they still lead the pack.

Not only has Microsoft been in the industry longer, they have helped shape it while Sony has done nothing, but try to steal publishers and destroy competition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 3:18 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
IcyMeteor wrote:

That's crazy. Sony's games before the original Playstation all sucked major ass. Microsoft has not only made it possible for PC game to exist longer than I bet you've been alive, but their software and technology is what kept PC gaming above consoles for every generation. Direct X alone has done more for gaming than Sony's evil business practices have. Back in the day Microsoft used to be one of the top PC game publishers. Today they've switched over to console games, but they still lead the pack.

Not only has Microsoft been in the industry longer, they have helped shape it while Sony has done nothing, but try to steal publishers and destroy competition.
Agreed. But Playstation is somewhat cool, but Xbox 360 PWNS it.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:20 am

Sony but I prefer 360 to ps3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:20 am

Actually.... pc's...... probably microsoft xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 4:22 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Actually.... pc's...... probably microsoft xD

This is for the whole industry. Microsoft was making great games before the PS1 was even thought of.

Sony, may have done some great things for gaming such as the CD. It was co-developed by Sony and Philips.

I would say... Atari.. They brought out the first gaming console ever, and one of the best ever.

Many people have most certainly played a Sega game before anything else, for example Sega Rally, a game that is in every arcade hall.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 3:11 am

It was Panasonic because of the 3D0.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?   Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Company Made More of an Impact in the Gaming World? Sony or Microsoft?
Page 1 of 1