This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points?

Go down 
+3
Blixtstorm
J_Lee87
Mr. Cole Drake
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points?   Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:02 am

I finally got my 360 hooked up online a few days ago and was shocked to see the pricing scheme for points. 1000 is $12.50 and 2000 is $25.00. That just seems crazy to me. Is there a website or something where I can find a points card that's say... 2000 for $20.00? That's how it is on Wii...
Back to top Go down
J_Lee87
Seaman Recruit
J_Lee87

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points?   Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:57 am

Where do you get the cheaper Wii points from I didnt know about that affraid
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points?   Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 5:27 am

I think they are cheapest using a credit card on the 360.

Not buying in a store or website.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points?   Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 6:43 am

For every $20 you spend for Nintendo, you get 2,000 points. So a penny = 1 Wii point.

For Microsoft, every $20 you spend gets you 1,600 points. It would a lot easier if 1 cent equaled 1 MS point. I don't know why they do that.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points?   Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 8:37 am

I know that there are certain websites (for australia at least) that sell point cards at discounted prices. Sometimes like $5-10 discount. But ive never purchased from them so i dont know if they are legit. They charge your credit card and then they email you a code. Im not so trusting of this method
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points?   Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Alright, I just found out on Amazon I can buy a single game for regular money. So I don't have to spend $6.25 to get a $5 game. Awesome.

But seriously. What is Microsoft thinking having such a bazaar price setup? None of their competitors are like that.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points?   Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:10 pm

What they try to do is make you spend more money even if you just want to download 1 thing. Figuring the whole conversion crap is what consumers hate.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points?   Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Try Amazon.com / Amazon.co.uk
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points?   Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:28 am

All I got to say is bing.com it BUT I been around the Internet many times and nothing is free. It may say so but subscribing to a "limited plan" is most often the case.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points?   Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to get cheaper microsoft points?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: XBox Live-
Jump to: