This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360

Go down 
+11
Noel
Lt Xplosi
DemonWolf
Zombl337
II XShogunX II
GeneralMLD
tr3ykilla
360WNED
ghost23
Master_Chief
343_Guilty_Spark
15 posters
AuthorMessage
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 Empty
PostSubject: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:02 pm

It's official, the PS3 is the least played game console. Even Sony's PS2 and PSP beat it, but they couldn't top the Xbox 360. When you consider that there are over 130 million PS2 in peoples homes compared to 36 million Xbox 360 it just goes to show how gamers game on Xbox 360 and nobody but Sony fantards give a shit about Sony anymore.

Check it out:

Quote :
From IGN - January 6, 2010 -

A survey conducted by U.S. research firm Nielsen has revealed Microsoft's Xbox 360 is currently the most played console in terms of total usage minutes, coming in at 23.1 percent. Sony's PlayStation 2 came in second at 20.4 percent, and the Nintendo Wii at third with 19 percent.

Household penetration of the 7th generation of game consoles accounted for 41 percent, while handhelds came in at 23 percent.

Nielsen's data also revealed that females account for 45 percent of active gamers (which play at least one hour per week). Female gamers also make up 49 percent of total Nintendo Wii owners and 52 percent of PSP owners.

A Nielsen representative informed IGN the data collected accounted for over 20,000 homes across the U.S.

You should see all the butthurt PS3fantards in the comments of this IGN article. It's full of epic failure.

Here's the link http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1058513p1.html

Follow the link to download the PDF that shows all the details.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Wow 360 beating out even PS2. 360 is definitely the best gaming console hands down. Almost all PS3 exclusives have little or no replay value and really arent that good except for a few games. The online is crap and has no sense of community and PS3 almost always gets the inferior version of multiplatform games. Most people are buying PS3 as a bluray player.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:01 pm

holy shit. the ps2 has install base of 100 million or something, the wii has about 50-60 million and 360 has 35 million and 360 is still beating both of those. very nice
Back to top Go down
360WNED
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Meh, You've got to look at it like this. Most of that 130 million no longer exist. From people trading them in, breaking, and so on. We're talking 10 years here. So It's no surprise the 360 is beating the PS2, and then it's not even by that much...

One more thing. How the hell do they get these studies? Nobody every asked me how many times I played something or what I played. Or how many 360 I've gone through. So how do they get these so called facts they throw at us?
Back to top Go down
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tr3ykilla

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:46 pm

360 is the most played console this generation, no wonder these ps3 fantards dont buy there games, there busy watching there bluray movies Wink
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:10 pm

nothign new to see here
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:50 pm

MICHAEL wrote:

One more thing. How the hell do they get these studies? Nobody every asked me how many times I played something or what I played. Or how many 360 I've gone through. So how do they get these so called facts they throw at us?

Well America does have a population of 300 million. you just werent part of the people they asked. They dont have enough time to ask the entire population.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:18 pm

MICHAEL wrote:
Meh, You've got to look at it like this. Most of that 130 million no longer exist. From people trading them in, breaking, and so on. We're talking 10 years here. So It's no surprise the 360 is beating the PS2, and then it's not even by that much...

Consoles traded in get sold to new buyers. As for busted systems, you can probably bet that at least 100 million of those 130 million are still working and sitting next to people's TV. That's still like 70 million more PS2s than Xbox 360 so you're point is based on fallacies.

Now onto their methodologies. If you've ever taken a statistics class you'd know how it works, but my guess is you don't. You take a sampling of the population and survey them. That sample group is large enough to represent the entire population. My guess is that these numbers are North America becuase Nielson is sort of only about the US, but that doesn't matter because the US is the largest gaming nation.

You didn't get asked becuase you weren't part of the sample group. Nobody called them facts and there is a small margine of error, but these numbers show that Xbox 360 owners play lots of games while PS3 owners play so few of games that they didn't even bother to list them in the findings.

Developers are going to be looking at these numbers, as well as PS3's terrible sell though ratio and are going to look at the PS3 as merely a second market to the superior Xbox 360. Publishers are not going to want to make PS3 exclusives unless Sony buys them out. If they ignore the Xbox 360 they know they would be letting go millions of easy sales while they have to work extra hard to sell barely anything on the PS3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 2:34 pm

MICHAEL wrote:

Fact of the matter is that these numbers are set, they are solid and they dictate things, not our personal opinions or viewpoints. Sure, we can question it, but that means jack shit to the industry and the devs. What does mean alot however are these numbers. In the corporate world numbers dominate ALL. Even if they are just some petty statistics about which console gets played more.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:04 pm

Shows where the real gamers are.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 12:38 pm

lmao anyone else find it funny that over 50% of psp gamers are girls?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:18 pm

ps3 fanboys are spamming that psn is easier to find things ... and that live is slow
ps3 fanboys must be the worst
Back to top Go down
Noel
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Noel

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Alot of fanboys crying.
Back to top Go down
Captain Emp
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Captain Emp

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:57 am

RagnathePhunkGamer wrote:
Alot of fanboys crying.

true
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:09 pm

demondragondude wrote:
lmao anyone else find it funny that over 50% of psp gamers are girls?!

LMAO! I wonder how many girls play the DS
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Fact
PS3 owners don't buy their games cause they don't even play their system..
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:50 pm

xbox 360 where amazing happens
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360   LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360 Empty

Back to top Go down

LOL Nielsen Report: Nobody is playing PS3, Everyone is Playing X360
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: