This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OXM previews Metro 2033

Go down 
+2
ghost23
Master_Chief
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

OXM previews Metro 2033 Empty
PostSubject: OXM previews Metro 2033   OXM previews Metro 2033 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: OXM previews Metro 2033   OXM previews Metro 2033 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 pm

Looks like another great game not on PS3
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: OXM previews Metro 2033   OXM previews Metro 2033 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:29 pm

There is no need for multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: OXM previews Metro 2033   OXM previews Metro 2033 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:04 am

Wow it sounds exciting. Though like the writer mentioned, let's hope the gameplay meets the standard of the narrative and atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: OXM previews Metro 2033   OXM previews Metro 2033 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 10:02 am

NoelX2 wrote:

But unfourtunally it will suffer on the score and sales, i can guarantee you. A FPS with no MP? Max a 8, and i'm been generous here. Don't get me wrong i'm not criticizing the game in anyway, it was the devs call. If the SP is good and more important LONG, plus a game that works has the same has in the PC i will give it a shot. But a lot of other people will not cuz of the lack of MP..........
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: OXM previews Metro 2033   OXM previews Metro 2033 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:37 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

But unfourtunally it will suffer on the score and sales, i can guarantee you. A FPS with no MP? Max a 8, and i'm been generous here. Don't get me wrong i'm not criticizing the game in anyway, it was the devs call. If the SP is good and more important LONG, plus a game that works has the same has in the PC i will give it a shot. But a lot of other people will not cuz of the lack of MP..........

Depends on the game.

Bioshock didn't have multiplayer and apparently didn't need it to get critical acclaim (one reason why I don't get them having it on the second, but that's another story) and games like Stalker did have multiplayer but there wasn't that many people caring about it. Since it seems to be a game much like Stalker, I don't really see the need for multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: OXM previews Metro 2033   OXM previews Metro 2033 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:46 pm

santosj95 wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Depends on the game.

Bioshock didn't have multiplayer and apparently didn't need it to get critical acclaim (one reason why I don't get them having it on the second, but that's another story) and games like Stalker did have multiplayer but there wasn't that many people caring about it. Since it seems to be a game much like Stalker, I don't really see the need for multiplayer.

True it didn't and it had high scores. However more and more games, in some form need to have any kind of MP to get "some extra points", for example the sequel of Bioshock, Bioshock 2 will have MP.
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: OXM previews Metro 2033   OXM previews Metro 2033 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:22 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
True it didn't and it had high scores. However more and more games, in some form need to have any kind of MP to get "some extra points", for example the sequel of Bioshock, Bioshock 2 will have MP.

I get what your saying, although in Bioshock 2's case, I think it is there just for show, it didn't really need multiplayer.

But yeah, more and more games are trying to implement some form of multiplayer to enrich, supposedly, the experience. Problem is usually it is a half-assed atempt at doing so.

Still, I do think that if a title truly puts it's focus on the singleplayer it can achieve sucess, like Bioshock, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed etc.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: OXM previews Metro 2033   OXM previews Metro 2033 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:19 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Mass Effect 2 says hi and so does Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: OXM previews Metro 2033   OXM previews Metro 2033 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Fallout 3 and Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 want to come.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: OXM previews Metro 2033   OXM previews Metro 2033 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Mass Effect 2 ain't a FPS and Oblivion is gigantic in length.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: OXM previews Metro 2033   OXM previews Metro 2033 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:57 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Fallout 3 and Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 want to come.

FallOut 3 and Oblivion are the same, they have a big SP. Has for Assasins Creed, they're gonna put MP in the 3rd game, at least so i've heard..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OXM previews Metro 2033   OXM previews Metro 2033 Empty

Back to top Go down

OXM previews Metro 2033
Page 1 of 1