This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Achievements what are they?

Go down 
+10
Arbiteris
Zombl337
dreadraptor85
M3A7L04F
DemonWolf
Spartacus
II XShogunX II
DuDZZ
handkerchief
GAMEZILLA_50000
14 posters
AuthorMessage
GAMEZILLA_50000
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAMEZILLA_50000

Achievements what are they? Empty
PostSubject: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:02 am

What do you guys think achievements are? At first glance, these points appear to have no value. You can't cash them in, they don't really affect the games you play. I think they exist to measure a gamers ego kinda like "nerd cred" your thoughts!?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/frank.solorzano
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:09 pm

not really a nerd. just when your done witha game and theres nothing to do you can get achievements just get the most out of the game they are there to keep you playing the game. also they are a little chalenge on the side for ytou to achieve. nothing to do with ego. i aim to get as much gamerscore out of a game as possible, it makes the games tht you dont want to play playable.
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 12:01 am

achevments are a little feel of sucess once you completed somthing... i dont really give a shit about it.. but i know somepeople who love gamerscore... its the same thing with trophies or w/e it called the ps3 stole from the 360
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 8:01 am

Ok, you play Left for Dead on your PC, you kill your first Tank and say "Well that was cool."

You play Left for Dead on your 360, you kill your first Tank, a thing pops up that tells you that you have achieved something in the game, you say "Well that was cool, and I got an achievement thingy to boot!"

It is all about the sense of achievement in the game, you feel like you are playing towards something.
Back to top Go down
Spartacus
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Spartacus

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:59 am

It adds replayability you silly gooses. Sure, you might have performed this action flawlessly one time, but can you perform it 10 more times? That's what achievements are for, you getting to work for a rewarding feeling of getting that really hard achievement.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 11:39 am

Well in some games you may do something really impressive and to have something that pops up and aknowledges that you've done it makes the experience that little bit more satisfying. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 4:17 pm

I just love it when an achievement pops up
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 3:10 am

The best achievement is from COD4. The "Your show sucks." achievement.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 6:49 pm

They give you a sense of accomplishment, and show who the hardcore and casual gamers are.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:23 pm

Im a hardcore gamer but i got a low gamerscore(4000g).But i just got my 360 a couple months ago.The only thing i hate is when ppl(like my friends)brag about there gamerscore.
Back to top Go down
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:31 pm

They are a way of life!
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 2:39 pm

II XShogunX II wrote:
Ok, you play Left for Dead on your PC, you kill your first Tank and say "Well that was cool."

You play Left for Dead on your 360, you kill your first Tank, a thing pops up that tells you that you have achieved something in the game, you say "Well that was cool, and I got an achievement thingy to boot!"

It is all about the sense of achievement in the game, you feel like you are playing towards something.

This
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:20 pm

i think of achivements as a way to play a game some more, when i was younger and before xbox live. I only played to beat the games storyline, mayby some multiplayer if it had it.

When i started to get achivements i first was, not to impressed since some games spew them on you to much. I like some struggle to complete something, for example in Assassins Creed on the PC you could run around and pick up every single flag in every city, but for what point? Atleast you get some "creds" for taking them on the xbox.

Now trophies is completely a nut-case gold, silver and bronze....? why not points? its sure easier to count....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:21 pm

dreadraptor85 wrote:

The "No more n00b" in Halo Wars is the best achievement ever Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 7:34 pm

II XShogunX II wrote:

I got the "Septic Tank" achievement in L4D2.

cheers
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
dreadraptor85 wrote:

Press START to Play from the simpsons game pwns

its so hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
Noel
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
dreadraptor85 wrote:

No " Hands Where I Can See Them " from BlazBlue Calamity Trigger is the best achievement ever. The pic tells us something great. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Achievements what are they?   Achievements what are they? Empty

Back to top Go down

Achievements what are they?
Page 1 of 1