This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Perfect Dark Zero Review

Go down 
+8
Sydney360
ZeInFormer
Kendo
Grim0666
Blixtstorm
Zombl337
343_Guilty_Spark
DemonWolf
12 posters

Did you find this review helpful?
Yes
Perfect Dark Zero Review Vote_lcap63%Perfect Dark Zero Review Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
No
Perfect Dark Zero Review Vote_lcap0%Perfect Dark Zero Review Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
A bit
Perfect Dark Zero Review Vote_lcap25%Perfect Dark Zero Review Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Not much
Perfect Dark Zero Review Vote_lcap12%Perfect Dark Zero Review Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Perfect Dark Zero Review Empty
PostSubject: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:48 pm

I picked this game up not because of the somewhat high ratings and positive reviews, I bought it because of the cheap price tag. Seriously, I got it pre-owned for £2.99! To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care whether it would be good or a total disaster because either way it was another game on my 360 game shelf for a bit of "spare change" as it were.

The first thing I noticed about the game is how tight it all is. The animation is very fluid, the gunplay is solid and satisfying, the blood particle effect is decent and the ai are great. The physics are also very impressive; each thing you shoot will respond in a very realistic manner.
Well, I thought it was a solid game but to be perfectly honest, I didn't think it was anything special and so stopped playing after 10 minutes. Later on, I began to realise that I had been neglecting my 360 and so decided to turn the beautiful little monster on and I played the game which I had left in there last, Perfect Dark Zero.
I started the game again and after quickly clearing the generic sort of sci-fi level (which left me with a slightly unsatisfied feeling), I had unlocked the next level.
The next level is set in an urban sort of night club/bar. You infiltrate the place and shoot some guys up, etc, etc.
It is here where I realised how fun the game is!
You can blast your ways through many enemies, slide down ziplines, smash through glass, pump some bullets into the bottles and glasses by the bartender, dive and evade enemy fire, beat some people up and basically go crazy...while aiming to complete your mission.
The game really is very enjoyable. The animation is superb, the physics are excellent, the gunplay is tight, the game mechanics all work well, there is variety in gameplay (eg: shooting, hacking, punching, exploding, driving, etc), the level design is stunning, the graphics are great, the overall interaction with the environments is quite good and the game on the whole....is amazing. (You also get vehicles like Jetpacks and Hovercrafts)

Multiplayer is really enjoyable but from time to time I noticed quite a serious drop in the framerate but usually passes after 5 to 10 seconds.

Ok, now you are probably wondering...what are the downsides:

*The game is slightly linear (single player that is)
*It has a slightly weak start (bad first impression)
*The load times are moderately long
*Explosions are rather tame and uninteresting

Other than that, the game is very satisfying and seriously addictive. Definately check this one out, especially at this price...it's a must -have.

GAMEPLAY: 8/10 (very fun but doesn't really raise the bar)
GRAPHICS: 7/10 (they are very good but not against some of the newer xbox 360 titles)
STORY: 7/10 (nothing particularly special but it takes you to some truly awesome locations and you'll meet some weird characters)
REPLAY VALUE: 8/10
MULTIPLAYER: 8/10 (very fun multiplayer experience with a good assortment of modes)

Overall: 8/10 (not an average)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:54 pm

I still don't understand why this game didn't get much attention. I love it and I hope we get a sequel soon. I'd love to see what Rare could do with the new Xbox 360 tech that's out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:52 pm

I just bought this game again on eBay for $5.57. It should be here early next week.....cant wait to play some Perfect Dark Zero MP again.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:36 am

got it for 2$. But i dont like the controls to the game so its unbearable to play for me Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Grim0666
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Grim0666

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 10:31 pm

I think it wasn't as good as the original with the great mutiplayer and story mode that I will never forget but this one is an average game it just didn't feel right like the first one did
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 9:14 pm

I still wanna pick this up, but I really wanna play the original.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:08 pm

Kendo wrote:

I didn't play the original and I still played this.

Tbh I haven't completed it. I haven't completed most of my 360 games. I'm not bored of them, I just either don't have time or I keep getting stuck. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:21 pm

The original kicked the living shit out of every shooter back then, i really want to play it now.... I think i will... on my N64 POWER!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Game's okay. I like the original one better, but I really love some of the game's level. The nightclub is beautifully well made and the Jungle one's really fun too.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Perfect Dark... must get...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Sydney360
Seaman Recruit
Sydney360

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:57 am

good review, I used to play this game in multiplayer a lot, got boring though so I traded it in.
Back to top Go down
djsonic99
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
djsonic99

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:01 am

launch titles never get love. but this is one of my favorite 360 games
Back to top Go down
kadelmon
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
kadelmon

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:04 am

Kendo wrote:

you dont need to play the origional also because this is a prequel
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kadelmon
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:38 am

this was my first 360 game I bought
Still have it
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
Captain Emp
Captain Emp

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:46 am

i'd say it was about 8.5/10 or 9/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Dark Zero Review   Perfect Dark Zero Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Perfect Dark Zero Review
Page 1 of 1