This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Complete Pwnage?

Go down 
+6
ps3killa
3DO was too cheap for me
Pein
joe11
Arbiteris
DemonWolf
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:11 pm

Sooo, I got a PM from a user on Youtube saying this:
Quote :
ok this was originally sent to "inukendo 1" and some dude called "zeratul" but they basically accepted defeat soooo i decided to send it to you because well last time you put up a pretty good fight Smile
so your really gonna sit here and try and tell me that 360 games sell THAT much better than ps3 games are you? really, let me just tell you something THEY DON'T. im tired of these stupid ass 360 fanboys that still are gonna st here and tell me that 360 games sell better than ps3 games. let me just tell you that to date only THREE yes i know its gonna be hard to believe but THREE 360 exclusives have sold more than 5 million copies. GEOW, GEOW2 and obviously HALO 3. all the others have sold less than 5mil. now lets look at the games coming out this year that you guys seem to be hypng up. crackdown 2, me2, sc:c and alan wake. crackdown 1 sold 1.5mil, me1 sold 2.11mil sc:da sold 1.15mil and has for alan wake, when were AW and SC:C meant to come out 2007? and your gonna call the ps3 the delaystaton? has you can see all these games predesccors according to yall SOLD LIKE SHIT(according to you guys because most sane people know that selling more than 1.5mil is an achievement). o yea didn't a ps3 exclusive get GOTY 2 years in a row?(just putting it there) but we ps3 FANS have plenty to back up. GT5, GOW3 and FF13(like mw2 for the 360 an "unofficial ps3 exclusive") most of those games predecessors ave sold more than 3mil. what do you have to back up halo:reach (which will sell well in the software department, but im not convinced 360 sales will boost)? didn't the the 360 LOSE on the week of ODST to the ps3? odst sold like 4.5mil the worst in the history of the FPS FRANCHISE OF HALO. what makes yall think reach will be that better makes me lmfao. anyway thats really all i gotta say. maybe this time u can come up with a better reply than ur fellow weebols.
http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6842

if you think ps3 games don't sell look at the top 5 games and you may has well look at the rest of the pre-order charts.

the ps3 has gotten GOTY 2 years in a row while the 360 probably hasn't had one since 2006(GEOW).so basically what im saying is the 360 hasn't won a year since 2006 because the ps3 has either beaten it in reviews or beaten it in reviews(2008) and sales (2009). not sure what went on in 2007 i keep hearing different things. but w/e lets see if you can do a btr job than ur fellow fanboys.

And I replied with this:

Ok firstly, the sales don't matter as such but seeing as you're bringing them up, I need to point out that while you are criticising 360's game sales, you need to look at ps3 game sales.

Let's have a look at the top sellers on each system:

PS3:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 6.69million

Grand Theft Auto IV - 6.25million

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 5.03million

360:

Halo 3 - 10.78million

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 9.41million

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 8.15million

Ok let's analyse the sales. Firstly the top seller on 360 is an exclusive title so that shows we buy our exclusives too.
Also, the top seller of ps3 is a multiplatform game and our top selling game (halo 3) sold over 3 million more than it and STILL, the 360 version of cod mw2 sold more than the ps3 version.
The same goes with almost every multiplatform except a few like Resident Evil 5 and Tekken 6.

So basically, 360 games in general sell more than ps3 games and in some cases, a lot more.

One other thing, Gta IV is your second top selling game.
It's our fourth and it STILL sold more than the ps3 version, so you can really see the difference in sales between the two systems.

Now next you are criticising games like Crackdown, saying they sold badly but what's funny is that games like Crackdown sold more than the 34th top selling ps3 game.
And also, to emphasise how badly games sell on ps3, the 50th top selling game has sales of less than 1million whereas the 50th top selling 360 game has sales of almost 1.8million.

Yeah. So see what I mean?

And yes Alan Wake has been delayed for a while but let's face it, no 360 fan hyped it up as much as a ps3 fan hyping up Gran Turismo. And on top of that, Turn 10 released Forza 3 in like one third of the time. Maybe less...

And yes, ps3 has got goty two years in a row.... Oh but wait a second, it's still has less AAA games overall and surely that's what matters? Because last I looked, the ps3 exclusive with the highest rating has the same rating as one of our top exclusives.
So really you've got nothing special Razz

And why are you saying FF13 is an unofficial ps3 exclusive? It's coming to 360 but nevermind, have your single A, Anal Fantasy 13.
360's got Monster Hunter Frontier Online coming up, Halo Reach, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Crackdown 2, Metro 2033 and many more coming soon!

Also now I'm getting mixed arguments. Ps3 fanboys usually criticise Halo ODST for being merely an expansion and for being overpriced. So why are you now criticising it's sales? If you're telling us how "crap" it is and are telling us it's not worth the money so we don't buy it, why are you guys suddenly now attacking it's sales? Especially when it's sold more than your 4th Top Selling game? lol seriously that's no argument.

And yes, ps3's been doing well recently but how long do you think it can keep it up..?
Do you really believe it's standards wont slip...?

Not even after WKC and MAG flopped so badly this year? Very Happy
Anyway, as I already said, 360's top exclusive got the same rating as the ps3's top exclusive and 360 has more AAA games than ps3 so really your whole "goty" argument is pretty much useless. =]

---------------------------

So Guys, What do you think? Did I pwn him? Razz

On a rating on a scale of 1 to 10 tell me how well I did xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Was that Coola?

If so,i didnt accept defeat.I told him politly that i dont fee like argueing with a moron who has no idea what he's talking about.And then i blocked him.That isnt accepting defeat.

Plus it is fun blocking people,it pisses them off.

10 for sure.

Last edited by Arbiteris on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:40 pm

you did more than 10 dude..you are the master of ownage LOL
Back to top Go down
3DO was too cheap for me
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO was too cheap for me

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:50 pm

he gets a 3 you get a 7. both of you have flaws in your arguments.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 pm

3DO was too cheap for me wrote:

Are you kidding?
Back to top Go down
3DO was too cheap for me
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO was too cheap for me

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

Are you kidding?

No.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

Are you kidding?

No.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Alright,explain why he got a 7?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:04 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Was that Coola?

If so,i didnt accept defeat.I told him politly that i dont fee like argueing with a moron who has no idea what he's talking about.And then i blocked him.That isnt accepting defeat.

Plus it is fun blocking people,it pisses them off.

10 for sure.

Yes it was coola xD

And yeah I know I like blocking people too, especially when they just fail at arguing and you know that you're right lol it's just so humiliating for them Razz

Thanks a lot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:04 pm

joe11 wrote:

Woohoo!! xD
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:06 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
you did more than 10 dude..you are the master of ownage LOL

=] Ooh that's so nice of you to say lol

To be honest looking at some of your debates with ps3 fanboys, you really are a master of ownage yourself Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:07 pm

Kk thanks but what flaws did I have? Just for reference so I can pretty much work around those flaws next time I have an argument.
Back to top Go down
3DO was too cheap for me
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO was too cheap for me

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:15 pm

The first half of his arguement is good, but then he starts to fall off. Like first, ME2 isn't an exclusive. I'm not being a fanboy here, but I choose the PC version over it because it was superior, and most ppl have computers so they can play the game(even if its a budget PC, because this game has low requirements). So that arguement is out of the window for the most part. Then with the PS3's sales, we know they'll keep up because people bought the PS when it was @ $300 back in the day, and counting inflation its like the PS2 when it was $200 and it sold excellently for 5 years like that(2002-2007). And then going back to the exclusive topic here, did you know that PS3 has more true AA and AAA exclusives? So that makes you think, is the total number more important than the exclusive number. And as for the WKC and MAG reviews. First of I agree with Mag, like everyone else. But For WKC, that game is awesome if you play it. The reason its scoring badly is because its right inbetween FF XIII and ME2, and ppl aren't too welcome to new IPs if they come out right around their favorite IP(like the reviewer from IGN, he IS a FF fanboy[Just looking at what he gave most FF games]), but in the public's eyes, WKC is a great game. Ppl like me, Dutrank, humpmasterflex, Qball, mechtech, etc. love the game.

Anyway thats all I have to say. And Please don't ban me because I explained the flaws in ddd's arguement.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:23 pm

The first half of his arguement is good, but then he starts to fall off. Like first, ME2 isn't an exclusive. I'm not being a fanboy here, but I choose the PC version over it because it was superior, and most ppl have computers so they can play the game(even if its a budget PC, because this game has low requirements). So that arguement is out of the window for the most part. Then with the PS3's sales, we know they'll keep up because people bought the PS when it was @ $300 back in the day, and counting inflation its like the PS2 when it was $200 and it sold excellently for 5 years like that(2002-2007). And then going back to the exclusive topic here, did you know that PS3 has more true AA and AAA exclusives? So that makes you think, is the total number more important than the exclusive number. And as for the WKC and MAG reviews. First of I agree with Mag, like everyone else. But For WKC, that game is awesome if you play it. The reason its scoring badly is because its right inbetween FF XIII and ME2, and ppl aren't too welcome to new IPs if they come out right around their favorite IP(like the reviewer from IGN, he IS a FF fanboy[Just looking at what he gave most FF games]), but in the public's eyes, WKC is a great game. Ppl like me, Dutrank, humpmasterflex, Qball, mechtech, etc. love the game.

Anyway thats all I have to say. And Please don't ban me because I explained the flaws in ddd's arguement.

I could easily point out the flaw's on what you just said.Which i wont because im not going to start a debate.

Dont listen to him DDD.You pwned that guy
Back to top Go down
3DO was too cheap for me
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO was too cheap for me

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:26 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

I could easily point out the flaw's on what you just said.Which i wont because im not going to start a debate.

I agree he did, I didn't say that he didn't.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Cool but exclusive makes no difference, I can easily say I'd want a 360 version more because of achievements, no installs, better interface (eg: the guide button thing lets you access music & stuff), better controls, etc
And the guy was claiming that 360 games don't sell well, regardless of the ps3's position in the console war. He criticised sales of 360 games and so I pretty much mentioned that ps3 owners don't buy games any more than 360. And he even mentioned how odst's sales were poor even though it sold as much as their 4th top selling game!
And I'm sure mag & wkc are ok games but they're not perfect like ps3 fanboys say. And they're not AAA. We play on those terms. If we get a AAA game, we get a AAA game. If ps3 gets a AAA game it gets a AAA game. Nothing changes. If it's A, we can't say "its all down to opinion" because that's breaking the rules.

Ok? Very Happy

But I appreciate your constructive criticism.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

haha xD thank you bro. You're so supportive.
Back to top Go down
3DO was too cheap for me
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO was too cheap for me

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:47 pm

demondragondude wrote:

Cool but exclusive makes no difference, I can easily say I'd want a 360 version more because of achievements, no installs, better interface (eg: the guide button thing lets you access music & stuff), better controls, etc
And the guy was claiming that 360 games don't sell well, regardless of the ps3's position in the console war. He criticised sales of 360 games and so I pretty much mentioned that ps3 owners don't buy games any more than 360. And he even mentioned how odst's sales were poor even though it sold as much as their 4th top selling game!
And I'm sure mag & wkc are ok games but they're not perfect like ps3 fanboys say. And they're not AAA. We play on those terms. If we get a AAA game, we get a AAA game. If ps3 gets a AAA game it gets a AAA game. Nothing changes. If it's A, we can't say "its all down to opinion" because that's breaking the rules.

Ok? Very Happy

Everything there is valid, but most PC games now have achievements if you have Steam(and I don't know any PC gamers that don't), as for controls, I like PC controls better for shooters(mouse makes perfect head), Strategy(duh), and RPGs(you can select commands right away without having to bring up any annoying popup screen). But the controls are my personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
ps3killa
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
ps3killa

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:47 pm

hmm i agree with 3DO, you both have flaws
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 pm

demondragondude wrote:

Ok? Very Happy

Everything there is valid, but most PC games now have achievements if you have Steam(and I don't know any PC gamers that don't), as for controls, I like PC controls better for shooters(mouse makes perfect head), Strategy(duh), and RPGs(you can select commands right away without having to bring up any annoying popup screen). But the controls are my personal opinion.

Ah yes good point about the achievements Razz but Microsoft occasionally gives the 360 games exclusive dlc.
Also you don't need to update your graphics card or worry about random virus' or general computer malfunctions on Xbox 360.
Yeah a computer mouse does a good job for shooting but keep in mind that shooting isn't the primary gameplay aspect of ME. Most of the game is exploring and having conversations and making decisions. Analog stick does the job well.
But yeah about the rpg thing....

But anyway back on topic, you said my flaw was that I mentioned how the 360 game ME2 has an equal score to UC2. Well I know for a fact that my computer could not run that game but even if it could, the game still exists and the ps3 didn't get it. Meaning a ps3 owner could not play that game unless he bought a pc but that would defeat the whole point of buying a ps3 in the first place. Because most people buy consoles like 360 or ps3 so they don't have to game on their pc. Well 360 gets ME2. Ps3 doesn't. It counts imo.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:01 pm

r u a troll u always seen negative and say bad things on the 360

Last edited by joe11 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:04 pm

demondragondude wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Ok? Very Happy

Ah yes good point about the achievements Razz but Microsoft occasionally gives the 360 games exclusive dlc.
Also you don't need to update your graphics card or worry about random virus' or general computer malfunctions on Xbox 360.
Yeah a computer mouse does a good job for shooting but keep in mind that shooting isn't the primary gameplay aspect of ME. Most of the game is exploring and having conversations and making decisions. Analog stick does the job well.
But yeah about the rpg thing....

But anyway back on topic, you said my flaw was that I mentioned how the 360 game ME2 has an equal score to UC2. Well I know for a fact that my computer could not run that game but even if it could, the game still exists and the ps3 didn't get it. Meaning a ps3 owner could not play that game unless he bought a pc but that would defeat the whole point of buying a ps3 in the first place. Because most people buy consoles like 360 or ps3 so they don't have to game on their pc. Well 360 gets ME2. Ps3 doesn't. It counts imo.
wait in gamerankings and game price mass effect has a lower aveerage and u2 has more 100
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Its funny that Mass Effect 2 is rated better on Metacritic(360)...Who wants to play a cinematic game like it on a shitty PC monitor.

Last edited by xSTONEYx187x on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:08 pm

People like you and PS3 fanboys....All those people, 3DO, you mentioned are PS3 fanboys.....WKC is universally berated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Complete Pwnage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Pwnage?   Complete Pwnage? Empty

Back to top Go down

Complete Pwnage?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next