This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status

Go down 
+12
the7elite
DarkSwarm85
343_Guilty_Spark
Jamin
ZaFtxX
ghost23
Stoney
DemonWolf
Master_Chief
handkerchief
joe11
GeneralMLD
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Its at 90 on metacritic.com.............very close to getting AA, thus another flop for ps3.

I think its more then possible.

Also, lets all cheer on Chime for XBLA..........its at 79 and only needs a couple good reviews to bring it up to 80, and thus AA status.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:03 pm

lets pray
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:05 pm

^^^^

lol
Back to top Go down
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:22 pm

mld you make me laugh so hard. i bet you been staking that out lol. but fingers crossed for another flop for the ps3
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:24 pm

matrixrory wrote:
mld you make me laugh so hard. i bet you been staking that out lol. but fingers crossed for another flop for the ps3
yup
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:27 pm

joe11 wrote:
lets pray
LOL
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:29 pm

lol if it got like 89 that's still a good score, not a flop. But ps3 fanboys did hype it up to be a AAA game so if it gets less I'm still going to laugh in their faces xD

But anyway, it seems unusual that a game of that style would get such high ratings....it really doesn't seem right. I mean is brushing a virtual character's teeth that exciting?
I just completed Fable II which involves you making the decision of resurrecting your dead family members or resurrecting people who were ruthlessly murdered while building the spire or giving into the temptation of money and forgetting about those who died.
Are you seriously telling me games with such depth like that deserve a lower score than a man-showering simulator?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:33 pm

demondragondude wrote:
lol if it got like 89 that's still a good score, not a flop. But ps3 fanboys did hype it up to be a AAA game so if it gets less I'm still going to laugh in their faces xD

But anyway, it seems unusual that a game of that style would get such high ratings....it really doesn't seem right. I mean is brushing a virtual character's teeth that exciting?
I just completed Fable II which involves you making the decision of resurrecting your dead family members or resurrecting people who were ruthlessly murdered while building the spire or giving into the temptation of money and forgetting about those who died.
Are you seriously telling me games with such depth like that deserve a lower score than a man-showering simulator?!

I love reading your posts DDD, but was uncalled for....We need games like this....Mature themes, that a based around story-telling through the medium of video games. Its different, even if the tutorial looks like poo.

Its a change from your Fantasy,sci-fi,shoot'em up etc etc games.

Theres a reason why video-games are constanly banned from certain regions, because they are considered toys for kids and kids only.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

I love reading your posts DDD, but was uncalled for....We need games like this....Mature themes, that a based around story-telling through the medium of video games. Its different, even if the tutorial looks like poo.

Its a change from your Fantasy,sci-fi,shoot'em up etc etc games.

Theres a reason why video-games are constanly banned from certain regions, because they are considered toys for kids and kids only.

hehe I know what you mean man but at least from what I've seen, it looks a bit like a fail. I'm sure a playthrough may change my mind but stuff like the frequent cutscenes, the quick time event type gameplay features, wooden animation (well, pretty clunky movement) and the pretty awkward camera views just make it look rather unappealing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:56 pm

Lets just say its a matter of taste. Razz
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:17 am

Well PS3 fanboys hyped it to be a 95+ game and it doesnt deliver.
When we hype a 95+ game (Mass Effect 2) it delivers.
Back to top Go down
ZaFtxX
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
ZaFtxX

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:23 am

90 is a flop?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:29 am

ZaFtxX wrote:
90 is a flop?

It's a flop in terms of the amount of hype PS3 fanboys gave it. PS3 fanboys hyped it to 95.
Back to top Go down
ZaFtxX
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
ZaFtxX

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:45 am

ghost23 wrote:
ZaFtxX wrote:
90 is a flop?

It's a flop in terms of the amount of hype PS3 fanboys gave it. PS3 fanboys hyped it to 95.

oh ok
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:25 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Its at 90 on metacritic.com.............very close to getting AA, thus another flop for ps3.

I think its more then possible.

Also, lets all cheer on Chime for XBLA..........its at 79 and only needs a couple good reviews to bring it up to 80, and thus AA status.
I really want Chime, especially because purchasing it means you're also donating to charity.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 5:12 am

I don't care if it's A, AA, AAA, or freaking AAAA. It looks like one of those boring foreign flicks I always fall asleep half way through. It's like Shenmue without the exploration and kung fu battles. It's like a movie you're forced to constantly hit buttons to make it move forward. Why do PS3 fantards want it so bad?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 5:42 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
I don't care if it's A, AA, AAA, or freaking AAAA. It looks like one of those boring foreign flicks I always fall asleep half way through. It's like Shenmue without the exploration and kung fu battles. It's like a movie you're forced to constantly hit buttons to make it move forward. Why do PS3 fantards want it so bad?

Because it's a film on blu-ray. DUH!

Razz
Back to top Go down
the7elite

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:39 am

lol fair enough it was quite hyped, but 90 is by no means a flop

and just because someone overhypes a game to be excellent, and it turns out very good doesnt mean its a flop simply because it was overhyped.
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:48 am

89 not a flopbut not the AAA it hyped up to be. maybe it might go back up to 90
Back to top Go down
the7elite

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:55 am

Quote :
[hide] Reception
Aggregate scores
Aggregator Score
GameRankings 91.61% [40]
Metacritic 90/100 [41]
Review scores
Publication Score
1UP.com A-[42]
Eurogamer 9/10
Famitsu 37/40
Game Informer 9.5/10
GamePro 5/5
GamesMaster 91%
IGN 9.0/10[43]
Official PlayStation Magazine (US) 5/5 stars
Official PlayStation Magazine (UK) 9/10

Heavy Rain has been met with positive reception. The UK Official PlayStation Magazine scored the game 9 out of 10, with reviewers saying, "I'm convinced it's one of the freshest, most exciting, and even important games on PS3 so far." The magazine praised the effective controls of the game, as well as the pacing of the story, which the reviewer described as key, and perfectly designed to create an "exhausting, exhilarating, and, crucially, involving" experience. He concluded by saying that, "Certainly there's nothing quite like it on PS3, or indeed any other system. Put gaming conventions aside, go in with no expectations other than this is something new and massively good-looking, and you'll be rewarded with a unique experience that lurches between genius and madness, manages to be genuinely emotional, and that you'll be bursting to talk about with your friends."[44] Eurogamer France also gave the game a score of 9 out of 10, saying, "The game of Quantic Dream has touched me, unquestionably, as a player because it symbolizes today the culmination of a genre halfway between cinema and video game that has always seemed interesting in its intentions but rarely conclusive." The reviewer concludes by saying, "A high score, therefore, to welcome risk-taking that represents this type of production today." [45]

British magazine GamesMaster gave the game a score of 91%, complimenting Heavy Rain for being 'incredibly original and compelling.' It adds, "The atmosphere is incredible - full of driving rain (which becomes central to the plot), fizzing neon lights, dank apartments and warehouses. It's a dark noir game, not a bright adventure." The title was also given a GamesMaster Gold Award.[46] IGN's Chris Roper scored the game 9.0/10 commenting specifically on the game's "fantastic story that's one of the best in gaming."[43]
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:25 am

Critics always praise these kind of niche games. But this game will flop in sales despite the reviews. Its a niche title with no mass appeal.
Back to top Go down
BoznianBadass
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
BoznianBadass

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 9:10 am

Its already AA.....89 Smile
Back to top Go down
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
im-360...xbox360

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:32 am

BoznianBadass wrote:
Its already AA.....89 Smile
lol and it will only go down http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/heavyrain
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:33 pm

joe11 wrote:
lets pray
Lets not do what ps3 fanboys do when a exclusive is announced on their system. They will pray at night to their trey god for a AAA exclusive because their system has less AAA, AA and A games than the 360.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Well, its an 89...........lets hope it stays that way.

For the record............an 89 is a great score. It is not a bad game.

We are merely rubbing it in the face of ps3 fanboys that NEED a AAA game for ps3........and Heavy Rain is now AA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status   Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status Empty

Back to top Go down

Heavy Rain "THIS" Close to AA status
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next