This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo:Reach will it fail?

Go down 
+11
GRUNT317
ZeInFormer
CommanderShepherd324
343_Guilty_Spark
DemonWolf
Lt Xplosi
Master_Chief
ghost23
handkerchief
popjack88
BoznianBadass
15 posters
AuthorMessage
BoznianBadass
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
BoznianBadass

Halo:Reach will it fail? Empty
PostSubject: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:40 am

We all like Halo, but try and see what happend to the series lately
Halo 3-sold over 10 million in its life time
Halo wars over 5,5 million
Halo ODST over 3 million
Reach may be over ODST, but it wont even be CLOSE to the 3rd

More of the same
Reason being people are simply just tired of the same old same Halo, Halo 3 was a big game but it was a letdown as well, not just to me but to alot of fans.
Reach looks like the same,may not play the same but fans moved from Halo cause of ODST felt to much the same.

Halo 3 sold alot cause of one video from youtube that had 12 million views, Reach only have 2357 views.
So i ask once again, will Reach fail not the game itself but the sales.
Back to top Go down
popjack88
Master Chief Petty Officer
popjack88

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:50 am

i think halo 3 will sell more that reach but who cares. It will surely out sell any PS3 exclusive.
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:53 am

loads of people who i talk to who like halo i ask if they got ODST and they say "no im not going to pay for the same game" as for halo wars thats a different catorgory.

halo reach has a different battle system you have different classes, stealth mode ect. people will be curious and buy the game so i dont think it will fail in sales.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:57 am

LOL are u really basing sales figures on youtube views (BTW the Halo Reach trailers have over 2.7 million views 2357)

Halo Reach will do really well, there is no doubt. And you really cant put Halo Wars in this equation because that wasnt a FPS and a lot of people didnt buy it for that reason.
Back to top Go down
BoznianBadass
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
BoznianBadass

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:05 am

ghost23 wrote:
LOL are u really basing sales figures on youtube views (BTW the Halo Reach trailers have over 2.7 million views 2357)

Halo Reach will do really well, there is no doubt. And you really cant put Halo Wars in this equation because that wasnt a FPS and a lot of people didnt buy it for that reason.

But ODST still sold shit, 2,5 in 2 weeks, Mass effect 2 sold 2 in 1 week thats even MORE than a FPS HALO GAME
Back to top Go down
BoznianBadass
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
BoznianBadass

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:07 am

matrixrory wrote:
loads of people who i talk to who like halo i ask if they got ODST and they say "no im not going to pay for the same game" as for halo wars thats a different catorgory.

halo reach has a different battle system you have different classes, stealth mode ect. people will be curious and buy the game so i dont think it will fail in sales.

Then again...People arent gonna know till the beta, so they will move on before Maj 3rd, i gurantee you
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:08 am

matrixrory wrote:
loads of people who i talk to who like halo i ask if they got ODST and they say "no im not going to pay for the same game"
But it still pulled in major sales. So obviously alot of people disagreed with your "friends." As for Halo Reach it will sell millions of copies just like the other Halos. Count on it.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:30 am

BoznianBadass wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

But ODST still sold shit, 2,5 in 2 weeks, Mass effect 2 sold 2 in 1 week thats even MORE than a FPS HALO GAME

Dude wtf are you smoking.

ODST sold 2 million units in the first 24 hours which is actually better than Mass Effect 2.

Halo is not on the decline, it is a strong as ever.
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:36 am

Master_Chief wrote:
matrixrory wrote:
loads of people who i talk to who like halo i ask if they got ODST and they say "no im not going to pay for the same game"
But it still pulled in major sales. So obviously alot of people disagreed with your "friends." As for Halo Reach it will sell millions of copies just like the other Halos. Count on it.

yes because its halo ofcourse people are going to buy it. i didnt even pay full retail for the game and i felt ripped off.

just because it sold well doesnt mean that the people who brought the game cant think the same as my friends. i dont see how sales relate to someone opinion about it being the same game mean that alot of people disagree.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:39 am

matrixrory wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
matrixrory wrote:

yes because its halo ofcourse people are going to buy it. i didnt even pay full retail for the game and i felt ripped off.

just because it sold well doesnt mean that the people who brought the game cant think the same as my friends. i dont see how sales relate to someone opinion about it being the same game mean that alot of people disagree.
My point is that it sold well so most people propably liked it or sales would have dropped off quickly through word of mouth. I never said that none of them agree with your friends.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:45 am

then again ahalo 3 released some years before reach -_-
it was the first halo on the 360 but it will sell around 800000 i think
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Hehe Reach will not fail. It may not outsell Halo 3 but it will definately still be one of the top sellers on 360 and anyone whos says it's "More of the same" or "similar to the last game" is a retard.

The whole gameplay's been changed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:19 pm

ODST had terrible press. People had been complaining that the game was a gloried expansive pack not worth full price for just about the entire time it was in development. The fact that to this day it still outsells Uncharted 2 is amazing. It's too bad it got such bad press becuase it is a full game and it is worth the money.

Halo Wars is a RTS, seems like most Halo fans don't like RTS games.

Halo 3 had the full marketing backing of MS and the best press of any game on the Xbox 360 at the time or since. Halo Reach will have the same and it will sell the same because of one very simple fact. Multiplayer.

The Multiplayer of Halo Reach is a big improvement, unlike ODST. The vast majority of Halo fans, the rabid ones that buy like crazy, only care about mulitplayer. ODST repackaged the Halo 3 multiplayer and therefor was pointless for them to buy. Halo Reach on the other hand is a must buy for all Halo fans to stay current in the Halo competitive world.

Mark my words. Halo Reach will sell nearly identical to Halo 3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
CommanderShepherd324
Seaman Recruit
CommanderShepherd324

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:38 pm

isnt this thread against halo? im sorry,but ofcourse it wont fail,its freaking halo,if you watched the dev diary,you will see how bungie is making their process with halo reach,i think its going to be the best halo game from what i saw
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:14 pm

I doubt the game will fail. Who cares if it's more of same stuff. Why fix something that's not broken? The game's got good gameplay and Reach is adding some new stuff to reinvent the Halo FPS gameplay to make it feel a bit more different than the others game, but it'll still feel true to the series. At the end, It's Halo so it's going to sell. Just like Half-Life or Doom.
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:29 am

well im kinda tired of halo but after seeing the new footage from the X10 event i think its going to be pretty good, ODST was created to be DLC but later became a full retail release unlike Reach which is being built from the ground up as a new game!
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 2:47 am

Halo 3 is almost at 11 million right now, i'm guessing 12-14 million global sales for Reach after a couple months.

Halo Wars = RTS, different game

ODST = Expansion back, no independent multiplayer

Reach = Mainstream Halo Game, FPS, Own independent and best mutliplayer of 2010 Guaranteed
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:53 am

odst isnt even a game its an expansion halo reach looks so amazing i can hardly wait untill the beta come out

Halo:Reach will it fail? Toxicplant
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:59 am

reach can't fail because it is halo
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:07 pm

Halo Reach will sell between 8-12 million before Halo "4" comes out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo:Reach will it fail?   Halo:Reach will it fail? Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo:Reach will it fail?
Page 1 of 1