This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games

Go down 
+7
ZeInFormer
DarkSwarm85
handkerchief
daveMastaKill
Lt Xplosi
Arbiteris
Pein
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games Empty
PostSubject: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:59 pm

FIRST THING FIRST..i know they are really different games..but which game has a better story,better characters,bigger universe and more fun to play? personally for me,they are both awesome,i liked gears 1,but when i played mass effect 1,i liked mass effect 1 more than gears 1,when i played gears 2,it completly destroyed mass effect 1 (my opinion),but when mass effect 2 released,it all changed..so far they are both awesome games..but i wanted to see which game series is better for you guys?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Of course Mass Effect has a better story and character's.It's an RPG.But Gears does have a good story.

But i like both the same.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:05 pm

hmm ... i played both but own neither i would say ME
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:27 pm

High chance Mass Effect has a more deep story but i go for Gears of War.
Why?
Well while Mass Effect is kickass, Gears of War is badass & kickass.
Back to top Go down
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:27 pm

gears for game play and characters. mass effect for universe. i know most people would say me for story but i prefered the gears story tbh. i think the 3rd of both these games need to come out for a final conclusion but atm its gears for me.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Gears 2 has the Mortar and Mass Effect 2 has the M-490 Blackstorm Projector.

Epic win.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Never got into M.E., it's very slow paced compared to Gears of War.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Hmmm...

I've only played Gears 1 and ME 1 but I reckon:

Graphics: Gears
Gameplay: ME
Addictiveness: Gears
Length: ME
Replay Value: Gears
Innovation/Originality: ME
Level Design: Both
Sound: ME
AI: Gears
Story: ME
Characters: ME
Violence: Gears (lol)
Multiplayer: Gears obv

Both good games for their own reasons:P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:16 pm

Personally, i think Mass Effect 2 has some of the best characters in any form of entertainment.
Marcus and his crew stand no chance against Shepard.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:25 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Personally, i think Mass Effect 2 has some of the best characters in any form of entertainment.
lol shepherd has more crew and the universe in mass effect has more advanced technology..but delta squad killed a corpser,destorying the tunnels at the end of the first 1,killing raam,controlling a brumak,and defeating skorge (it isnt clear if he is still alive)..and killing a mutated brumak..i think marcus vs shepherd will be a epic fight
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:29 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
lol shepherd has more crew and the universe in mass effect has more advanced technology..but delta squad killed a corpser,destorying the tunnels at the end of the first 1,killing raam,controlling a brumak,and defeating skorge (it isnt clear if he is still alive)..and killing a mutated brumak..i think marcus vs shepherd will be a epic fight

I was more referring to character depth. Shepard is a much more developed character than anyone in Gears but thats a given since you spend 60+ hours with him over two games and you have about 20+ with Marcus in Gears

Marcus would kick Shepards ass in a fight because hes the biggest steroid junkie and one of his feet is like the size of Shepard
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:30 pm

mass effect
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Marcus Fenix vs. Grunt from ME2.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:34 pm

ghost23 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I was more referring to character depth. Shepard is a much more developed character than anyone in Gears but thats a given since you spend 60+ hours with him over two games and you have about 20+ with Marcus in Gears

Marcus would kick Shepards ass in a fight because hes the biggest steroid junkie and one of his feet is like the size of Shepard
yeah i agree..since with shepherd you can make more choices and he has a past,the decisions your making from me1 to me2 and also shepherd is made what can you do to him,shepherd has more deeper character development,but grunt + wrex=dead marcus LOL
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:28 am

one question how do u put ur gamer card on here and i liked the mass effect 2 store aloot more but carmine fromgears never gets old so for the characters it goes for gears but story is way better on mass effect
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:29 am

and who ever said gears has more graphics than mass effect is completely wrong seriously no joke at all
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 3:47 am

ghost23 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

True about that. But you can learn more about Marcus if you read the GoW novels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games   Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games Empty

Back to top Go down

Gears Of War Games Vs Mass Effect Games
Page 1 of 1