This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lt Xplosi
Four Star General (Moderator)
Lt Xplosi

fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more) Empty
PostSubject: fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)   fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more) EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:23 pm

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas

Fallout: New Vegas is an upcoming role-playing video game developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Bethesda Softworks. While New Vegas is not a direct sequel, it will use the same engine and be in the same style as Fallout 3, and is being developed by some of the people who worked on previous Fallout games at Black Isle Studios. It will be set in and around post-apocalyptic Las Vegas. It has a projected release date of Fall 2010 and will be available on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Fallout: New Vegas was announced on April 20, 2009 at Bethesda's London showcase[1]. As of December 2009, no official information about the project has been released, aside from the development team, which includes J.E. Sawyer as project director and lead designer and Chris Avellone as senior designer. The first official information will be released in the February 2010 issue of the Official Xbox Magazine. A cinematic trailer has also been released.

Main article: Fallout world
The game is set in a post-apocalyptic, retro-futurist Las Vegas following the Great War between the U.S., China and other countries, a conventional and nuclear war that occurred on October 23, 2077 and lasted less than two hours despite causing immense damage and destruction. Before the Great War were the Resource Wars, during which the United Nations disbanded, a plague rendered the United States paranoid, and Canada was annexed. The city of New Vegas itself didn't get hit as much as other districts, and most buildings were left intact. Hoover Dam supplies all the free electricity and water to those who control it.

StoryThe story will continue some parts of the Fallout and Fallout 2 stories, but will not be related in any way to the one in Fallout 3.

Fallout: New Vegas will take place in 2280, 3 years after the events of Fallout 3 and 40 years after Fallout 2, making this installment set the farthest in the series. The New California Republic will play a major part in the story, in a three way struggle between the NCR, the Caesar's Legion slavers, and the local New Vegas populace.

The player will play as a courier, who was left to die in a shallow grave, rescued by a robot named Victor, and patched up by a Doctor Mitchell. [2]

GameplayThe gameplay system will be similar to the Fallout 3 gameplay, although some changes have been made.
Hardcore modeAside from the normal gameplay mode, which is similar to how Fallout 3 is played, the game includes an optional "hardcore mode", in which the character needs to drink water, ammo has weight, healing isn't instant and other changes, making the game more realistic, were made[2].

Character systemThe SPECIAL system returns, and directly influences speech options and quests. Like in Fallout 3, perks are gained every level[3].

CombatThe Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System, or V.A.T.S., is an active pause combat system implemented in the game, just like in Fallout 3. While using V.A.T.S., the otherwise real-time combat is paused. V.A.T.S. also allows the gory deaths in the game to be shown in slow motion and great detail. Attacks in V.A.T.S. cost action points, and the player can target specific body areas for attacks to inflict specific injuries. Unlike Fallout 3, melee weapons now have special moves in V.A.T.S., such as "Fore!" for golf clubs.

Karma and ReputationKarma is back, but now incorporated alongside a reputation system, similar to Fallout 2[2].
DevelopersMain article: Fallout: New Vegas developers
Fallout: New Vegas is being developed by Obsidian Entertainment, a company founded by Feargus Urquhart and Chris Avellone, two of the makers of Fallout 2 (originally at Black Isle Studios). The project is led by J.E. Sawyer, one of the lead designers of Van Buren, the canceled Fallout 3 project by Black Isle Studios. John R. Gonzalez is the lead creative designer, while Obsidian founder Chris Avellone, who worked on Fallout 2 and Van Buren is a senior designer. Joe Sanabria is the lead artist.

(JIZZ)
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)   fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:03 am

You know what would be cool.
If you could import a Fallout 3 save and some of the big decisions that you make in Washington DC will go beyond borders and affect Vegas. That would be sick
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)   fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:11 am

Meh,the setting in Fallout 3 doesnt interest me for some reason.I like TES alot more
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)   fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:09 pm

ghost23 wrote:
You know what would be cool.
If you could import a Fallout 3 save and some of the big decisions that you make in Washington DC will go beyond borders and affect Vegas. That would be sick
no its like this fallout new vegas have no connection from the last fallout it takes place 3 years after fallout 3
so maybe there will be purer water Razz
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)   fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Meh,the setting in Fallout 3 doesnt interest me for some reason.I like TES alot more

Me too, although I don't think it's the setting, more like the combat that turns me off, that is what i hope they improve greatly.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)   fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:14 pm

santosj95 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Me too, although I don't think it's the setting, more like the combat that turns me off, that is what i hope they improve greatly.
if you read it it says hardcore mode
you'll have to drink water to live
and such
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)   fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Lt Xplosi wrote:
santosj95 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

and such

Yeah I read it, that does indeed sound awesome but they don't talk about combat, besides the part where they mentioned vats, and to me the shooting in Fallout 3 always felt like a half-assed FPS, so I was hoping they would improve it.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)   fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:20 pm

santosj95 wrote:
Lt Xplosi wrote:
santosj95 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

and such

Yeah I read it, that does indeed sound awesome but they don't talk about combat, besides the part where they mentioned vats, and to me the shooting in Fallout 3 always felt like a half-assed FPS, so I was hoping they would improve it.
more melee weaps and welll i dont nknow more
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)   fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:23 pm

Well, I suppose I gotta wait for gameplay vids to see if there were any changes
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)   fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:25 pm

santosj95 wrote:
they say that faalllout 3 was a little ''meh'' in the long run so i think they will change plenty
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)   fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:27 pm

Lt Xplosi wrote:
santosj95 wrote:
they say that faalllout 3 was a little ''meh'' in the long run so i think they will change plenty

Glad to hear it cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)   fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more) Empty

Back to top Go down

fallout new vegas : ultimate info (this will be updated when i know more)
Page 1 of 1