This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gears MP is overrated.

Go down 
+7
Static103
santosj95
daveMastaKill
Noelol
DemonWolf
ZeInFormer
Pickles
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Gears MP is overrated. Empty
PostSubject: Gears MP is overrated.   Gears MP is overrated. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:28 am

Even though I liked the Gears Of War campaign, the multiplayer is just.....ugh. There's like no point in taking cover when everyone on the other team is just charging with shotguns. And don't even get me started on the community. It's filled with annoying as hell "wanksters". I don't see what the big deal is.....

I started playing Halo 3 soon after I gave up on Gears of War. That game has REAL multiplayer. The people are waaaayyy nicer too.

Also I'm talking about Gears Of War 1. I'm not sure if it's the same multiplayer as the second one but I'm gonna buy #2 for the campaign. But so help me Raptor Jesus if the multiplayer is exactly like the first one.....
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gears MP is overrated.   Gears MP is overrated. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:46 am

The multiplayer played A LOT like a true Gears of War game. But thanks to many shotgun lovers whinning the Lancer was too "overpowered" so now it's starting to play similar to the first game. Although, I wouldn't say it's too similar since people are still taking cover and being somewhat tactical, but the multiplayer was much better on launch day. Really the shotgun wasn't underpowered on launch day...I even killed a couple of people with it.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gears MP is overrated.   Gears MP is overrated. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:40 am

yeah err I thought the multiplayers actually very good but I'm not that keen on it myself just because of the whole round-based gameplay. Still good but I get my multiplayer fill from Halo 3 & Modern Warfare 2 instead Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Gears MP is overrated.   Gears MP is overrated. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:49 am

I never liked the multiplayer in Gears.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Gears MP is overrated.   Gears MP is overrated. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:35 am

There is a certain unbalance in Gears 2 MP. However like always i've seen some of the skilliest overcome the most trouble difficulties.

Either way i only play Annex or Horde mode this days.
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Gears MP is overrated.   Gears MP is overrated. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:55 am

I think it's amazing and if you know how to play, you can sure kick some ass.

You just have to know what to do. If they charge with shotguns it shouldn't be that difficult to stop them with the lancers. And in Gears 2 with the Hammerburst, which is even better for some people.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gears MP is overrated.   Gears MP is overrated. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:36 am

daveMastaKill wrote:
There is a certain unbalance in Gears 2 MP. However like always i've seen some of the skilliest overcome the most trouble difficulties.

Dude!! Your Signature is amazing xD

Funnily enough I just finished making this..

Gears MP is overrated. Haloch10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Static103
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Static103

PostSubject: Re: Gears MP is overrated.   Gears MP is overrated. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:28 pm

well i just hate the fact that everytime you die in team deathmatch, you have to wait till everyone's dead to respawn. i wish they made the team deathmatch just the same as any other multiplayer game
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Gears MP is overrated.   Gears MP is overrated. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:45 am

Gears is a fun tactical TPS when played right.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Gears MP is overrated.   Gears MP is overrated. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:33 am

demondragondude wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

Dude!! Your Signature is amazing xD

Funnily enough I just finished making this..

Gears MP is overrated. Haloch10
lol master chief teabagging drake
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Gears MP is overrated.   Gears MP is overrated. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:42 pm

i love gears 2
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Gears MP is overrated.   Gears MP is overrated. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:20 pm

I love the miultplayer,l like that it's round based a nice change from so many respawn gmaes. Also you cant spam the shotgun like gears 1 if that is what you mean. in gears 2 its weaker and people do take cover.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gears MP is overrated.   Gears MP is overrated. Empty

Back to top Go down

Gears MP is overrated.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: