This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.

Go down 
+20
Master_Chief
3DO Was Something
343_Guilty_Spark
Gibbon_Master
Trey4gays
-jaz350z-
Stoney
conzo
TrueGamer
spartan225
A7MAD_AU
Static103
Spartan v07
oh woe is me
Blixtstorm
joe11
Stigma
DemonWolf
Pein
day walker
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. Empty
PostSubject: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:59 pm

when they havent even developed a game for it, i mean look at what coming out for the 360 graphics wise, and scale wise, if thats not at tell tale of how the 360 can do graphics i dont no what is, all though sony probably payed the developer to say that, bloody Hippocrates and every developer for sony says this God how bout you develop for a console first before you start spewing crap,, also if you wanna here the stamen look on gametraliers for there god of war 3 episode, if anyone else has it post it. also anyone got links to all the game the sony developers have said arent possible on the 360
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. Empty
PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:04 pm

day walker wrote:
when they havent even developed a game for it, i mean look at what coming out for the 360 graphics wise, and scale wise, if thats not at tell tale of how the 360 can do graphics i dont no what is, all though sony probably payed the developer to say that, bloody Hippocrates and every developer for sony says this God how bout you develop for a console first before you start spewing crap,, also if you wanna here the stamen look on gametraliers for there god of war 3 episode, if anyone else has it post it. also anyone got links to all the game the sony developers have said arent possible on the 360
probably because the ps3 is powerful in graphics wise..so they have to say about every multi-platform game?
i dont know if its true or not.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:35 pm

HAHA They're full of shit.

This is God Of War III, upcoming ps3 exclusive:
how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. God-of11

This is Ninety Nine Nights 2, upcoming 360 exclusive:
how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. Image_10

WOW god of war looks mmuuuuchhh better. How can the ps3 run such awesomeness?! 360 could nneverrr run that.

lol I may make a seperate topic outlining how ridiculous the claims are.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Because they are PS3 fanboys why else? The developers of MAG also said the same thing and that apparently the PS3 community (which about 90% don't even use mics) is better suited for the game. Even though all you needed are dedicated servers and well, the 360 community uses FAR more teamwork in games than the PS3 community. Go watch F1stdaCuffs on youtube, he has done some videos about MW2 on XBL and PSN.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:52 pm

when gow loos better than nnn 2
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:08 pm

@Blackstigma

This video?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:21 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
@Blackstigma

This video?

Yes we are more skilled than them and use more teamwork, he made quite a couple of those.
Back to top Go down
oh woe is me
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:55 pm

well one thing the said on the gttv interview was that with the first god of war game they couldnt add too many combos in the combat because of memory issues that now with god war 3 they can add a ton more combos. now i dont know if they meant like ram or actual disc space, but if they meant disc space then thats why it couldnt be done on the 360. but they say that about every ps3 exclusives so who cares.

EDIT: whoops didnt see the word graphics in the title LOL never mind.

Last edited by oh woe is me on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 pm

thanks blix,i didn't know fist had a knew account,i thought he left youtube.i really enjoy his videos.
Back to top Go down
Static103
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Static103

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:47 pm

probably coz they're using the full power of the PS3. like totally maxing it out
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:08 am

They have food on their tables because of Sony and Sony really want to advertise the "can't be done on 360" in an attempt for gamers to forget that Sony has not proven itself this generation.

The PS3 can't do Alan Wake.
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
@Blackstigma

This video?

What is this guy talking about in that video? sorry but I still cant get sound on my computer.
Back to top Go down
TrueGamer

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:19 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
day walker wrote:
probably because the ps3 is powerful in graphics wise..so they have to say about every multi-platform game?
i dont know if its true or not.

developers have both systems to work with. its not like they have just one system. they have both systems and thats why they said that.

when a dev makes a multi-plate game they have to port it from a other system most cases its from the pc or the 360 come to the ps3. thats why the ps3 doesnt always look nice compare to multi-plate games. and the 360 looks more clean up.
Back to top Go down
conzo

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:27 pm

while i think the devs are just blowing smoke maybe its because we haven't seen massive moving LEVELS that are scalable with the scope of gow3? c'mon people use your brains. has anyone here seen moving levels that are actually levels that you traverse that all the while are climbing a mountain on the xbox360? no? or a fully interactive boss that measures 1600ft. tall on the xbox360? no? okay then, good to get this cleared up.

Last edited by conzo on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:29 pm

1600ft boss!!!! Fuck me thats BIG! affraid
Back to top Go down
conzo

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:31 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Yeah ino and if you don't believe me go check out the gttv episode that came out recently. Stig ammussen (game director) says that the titan chronos measures the size of the sears tower and that he measures about 1600ft.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:40 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
and his nail is big as 30 floors building..imagine that lol
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:52 am

Youre putting words into his mouth that he never said. All he said was that "it's definitely a playstation experience" because geoff keighley asked if it could be done on the 360.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:56 am

-jaz350z- wrote:
Youre putting words into his mouth that he never said. All he said was that "it's definitely a playstation experience" because geoff keighley asked if it could be done on the 360.

How else do you interpret it?

Not trying to sound like a smart alec, I'm legitimately asking...
Back to top Go down
Trey4gays

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:53 am

demondragondude wrote:
HAHA They're full of shit.

This is God Of War III, upcoming ps3 exclusive:
how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. God-of11

This is Ninety Nine Nights 2, upcoming 360 exclusive:
how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. Image_10

WOW god of war looks mmuuuuchhh better. How can the ps3 run such awesomeness?! 360 could nneverrr run that.

lol I may make a seperate topic outlining how ridiculous the claims are.

Unfair, thats the E3 demo lol. God of war 3 will have up to 40 ppl on screen they said in an interview, and it cant be done on 360 the knights game looks worse. I prefer the 360 but im just NOT going to be a fanboy and say shit that isnt true.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:15 am

This game makes good use of lighting, Sony now have developers sharing information with one another; first party and second party developers share information in regards to the PS3's strengths and they work off of that! I think GOW 3 is a good looking game with great character animations, the executions are wickedly enjoyable viewing too LOL.

Alan Wake is a step up though, visually and in its depth as GOW 3 is linear (go here kill this guy then go here), Alan Wake allows more exploration, thus with its beautiful vistas and the fact it's pushing the 360 hardware as well, we're seeing great use of lighting from the 360 with its more freedom in the amount of geometry and textures that can be used (360 = 512Mb of memory, not 2 x 256Mb like the PS3)...

Not to forget the 360 is allowing 4xAA with smooth framerate gameplay @ 720p native.

AW:

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. Ss_preview_alan_wake_expressions_ingame_confused.jpg

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. Ss_preview_AlanWake_03_Lodge_720p.png

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. Alan_wake_1
Back to top Go down
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:29 am

GOW3 is only possible on PS3 and will never work Xbox 360 due to the fact that Santa Monica Studio is a sony owned developer that is the main reason why.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:36 am

Gibbon_Master wrote:
GOW3 is only possible on PS3 and will never work Xbox 360 due to the fact that Santa Monica Studio is a sony owned developer that is the main reason why.

That's not really the point of the argument. Of course God or War won't get ported to the 360. That goes without saying. The point that Xbox 360 fans make is that the Xbox 360 is capable of the gameplay and graphics demonstrated in the game. A GoW3-like game with the same level of graphics can be done on Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:14 am

A7MAD_AU wrote:
This game makes good use of lighting, Sony now have developers sharing information with one another; first party and second party developers share information in regards to the PS3's strengths and they work off of that! I think GOW 3 is a good looking game with great character animations, the executions are wickedly enjoyable viewing too LOL.

Alan Wake is a step up though, visually and in its depth as GOW 3 is linear (go here kill this guy then go here), Alan Wake allows more exploration, thus with its beautiful vistas and the fact it's pushing the 360 hardware as well, we're seeing great use of lighting from the 360 with its more freedom in the amount of geometry and textures that can be used (360 = 512Mb of memory, not 2 x 256Mb like the PS3)...

Not to forget the 360 is allowing 4xAA with smooth framerate gameplay @ 720p native.

AW:

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. Ss_preview_alan_wake_expressions_ingame_confused.jpg

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. Ss_preview_AlanWake_03_Lodge_720p.png

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. Alan_wake_1

Hate to burst your bubble but GOW3 runs at 16XAA @ 1080p native without any load screens or cutscenes.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:49 am

3DO Was Something wrote:
Hate to burst your bubble but GOW3 runs at 16XAA @ 1080p native without any load screens or cutscenes.

You have not burst anything for me, all you did was burst your credibility here...

I hate to burst your bubble but here's actual info from Steven Caterson Senior Producer of GOW 3:

* The game is running at a variable framerate. It rarely goes below 30 and it tops out at 60.

* 720P native that can scale up to 1080i. (360 scales to 1080p if you wish on all titles Wink)

* There are pre-rendered cutscenes but in saying that--they’re made in the game engine.

http://eat-games.blogspot.com/2010/03/interview-steve-caterson-sr-producer-of.html

Hope you liked the reality lesson there? Smile

Ok so what we got?

The game is 720p and uses MLAA Morphological Antialising. Not 16xAA and certainly not 1080p!

MLAA is a technology the devs developed for the PS3 using the Cell processor and claim it'll help them save 5-6milliseconds. It in theory could potentially allow up to 16xAA but that claim is yet unproven for GOW 3 so where did you derive your conclusions from?

It's a big improvement from the E3 demo which was/is 2xAA with motion blur on the camera.

Alan Wake still looks better too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. Empty

Back to top Go down

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next