This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JRPGs need to Evolve!

Go down 
+6
Pein
343_Guilty_Spark
Arbiteris
DemonWolf
joe11
Kendo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

JRPGs need to Evolve! Empty
PostSubject: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:38 pm

There are JRPGs I like like Final Fantasy, Lunar, Pokemon, Tales, Valkyria Chronicles, Star Ocean, and some others. But I think JRPGs need to evolve. The market is getting flooded by games that play almost the same with the same plot kinda. Its being done over and over again. Not only that but PS3 Fanboys keep getting excited for too many JRPGs that turn out to be mediocre (White Knight Chronicles). Now Im planning on getting JRPGs, quite a few actually. But the genre needs to evolve. The only JRPG I can say that has changed ANYTHING is Valkyria Chronicles, thats about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:48 pm

good post and a totally agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:29 am

I don't really like anything from Japan and I have reasons that you probably don't care for, Yahtzee sums up most of them though.

Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:26 am

JRPGS suck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:12 pm

They do suck.

Maybe teenager girl's might like there storie's because of the melo drama and cliche love story's but i cant see myself or many other guy's my age like that.Just saying.

Id rather play ME2 over FF13 anyday.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
I don't really like anything from Japan and I have reasons that you probably don't care for, Yahtzee sums up most of them though.

Yahtzee doesn't like anything or at least he pretends to be the more nit-picky bastard on the planet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:59 pm

well kendo,valkyria chronicles isnt a 100 percent jrpg.its somehow mixed with rts and shooter since you dont have commands on the menu,you just throw a grenade,shoot for a short period of time,and the next member is avaible to use.but yeah ff13 is a bit different than other ff games and ill probably rent it since i have battlefield bad company 2,bully and by then i will have to beat metro 2033 and god of war 3
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:17 pm

jrpgs use to be the best last gen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:14 pm

JRPGs suck is what I was trying to get at, you got it though.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
JRPGs suck is what I was trying to get at, you got it though.
I dont think they suck completely. They just need to evolve, well most kinda suck except for some that I have listed above.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:01 pm

As long as the Japanese people enjoy the games they won't get anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:26 am

Old Jrpgs= WIN

New Jrpgs=FAIL
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Pickles wrote:
Old Jrpgs= WIN

New Jrpgs=FAIL
QFT
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:48 pm

HellJumper wrote:
They do suck.

Maybe teenager girl's might like there storie's because of the melo drama and cliche love story's but i cant see myself or many other guy's my age like that.Just saying.

isnt ff a jrpg?
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:50 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
They do suck.

isnt ff a jrpg?
yes every ff is
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:43 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
They do suck.

isnt ff a jrpg?
Isnt the sky blue? Yes it is. The same thing as Final Fantasy.

lol
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:48 pm

Kendo wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
They do suck.

isnt ff a jrpg?
Isnt the sky blue? Yes it is. The same thing as Final Fantasy.

lol
really there is no sky its just the oceans reflection and the outside its really black and purple
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:52 pm

The only JRPGs that I think were amazing was Tales of Vesperia, Persona 4, and Lost Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:43 am

NoelX2 wrote:
The only JRPGs that I think were amazing was Tales of Vesperia, Persona 4, and Lost Odyssey.
For me its Valkyria Chronicles (I know), Tales of Vesperia (amazing), Final Fantasy XIII (any other Final Fantasy to be serious, except for X-2), Star Ocean, Persona looks good, and Lunar. Gotta have me my Lunar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs need to Evolve!   JRPGs need to Evolve! Empty

Back to top Go down

JRPGs need to Evolve!
Page 1 of 1