This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction

Go down 
+26
danny100
popjack88
Jsamp
Master_Chief
xjosh360s
lightlamp
arnt god of war
Mr. Project Natal
Twisted Tony
3DO Teabagger
joe11
A7MAD_AU
spartan225
Crownjo
Lt Xplosi
micheal82
Jamin
GRUNT317
Zombl337
DemonWolf
343_Guilty_Spark
Kendo
Blixtstorm
Arbiteris
handkerchief
GeneralMLD
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction Empty
PostSubject: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:32 pm

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7339&mp=1

I smell one hell of a holiday season.

price cuts, 360 slims, natal bundling....................a $99 Arcade?!?!?!!?
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:37 pm

was that pic just one of those concept fan ones or is that what it actually looks like.

i would so buy a 360 slim
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Damn,all of these rumors and bundles are making me wish that i got RROD so i can get another 360
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:10 pm

I would buy it if you could change the harddrive... just like the PS3

But i could be a new xbox... Maybe they are starting development of the 3xbox
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Meh. I like the 360 just how it is. If they do come out with a Slim it would be good for those who want it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:31 pm

I can't say I'd sell my 360 for a 360 Slim, but I might put my fat on my bedroom TV and put the 360 Slim in my living room. If it turns out to be true that is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:08 pm

A slim 360 isn't really necessary imo.

Not for anyone who already owns one anyway....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Slim 360 + Project Natal + Halo Reach + Price Drops = MASSIVE sales boost!!!
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:23 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7339&mp=1

I smell one hell of a holiday season.

price cuts, 360 slims, natal bundling....................a $99 Arcade?!?!?!!?

ahh, for many reasons i hope microsoft doesn't go through with this, im scared that if they try to pack the 360's cpu and gpu in to a smaller case then it will increase red ring again, i mean not that i want them to not make a slim but they are having a hard time with the case that holds the 360 now! i know there are ways to shrink the die size of both cpu and gpu but idk if it will work as well for the 360 as it is for the ps3. i would much rather see a price drop on current consoles then a slim!
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:12 pm

I would love to see this come true. The 360's design is heavily flawed. The hard drive, the concave design of the case, the DVD drive, and I hate those fans. But I dont think it would happen, mostly because anything smaller would probably open the hard drive market on the 360, but thats something Microsoft wants to control themselves so that you dont have any other choice but to buy their hard drives. Just looking at that hard drive enclosure on top makes me angry.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Well,Zeph explained how this is like 85% chance to be true
Back to top Go down
micheal82
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
micheal82

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Does this mean that Microsoft will redesign the HDD? Or will it use a laptop HDD?
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:32 pm

micheal82 wrote:
Does this mean that Microsoft will redesign the HDD? Or will it use a laptop HDD?
It uses a laptop hard drive already.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:34 pm

i hope it would but at the same time dont
if it comes true
ps3 trolls would say:
u stole it u r jealus of ps3 slim
Back to top Go down
Crownjo
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Crownjo

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:10 pm

I would buy a Halo Reach Slim 360.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Jamin wrote:
I would love to see this come true. The 360's design is heavily flawed. The hard drive, the concave design of the case, the DVD drive, and I hate those fans. But I dont think it would happen, mostly because anything smaller would probably open the hard drive market on the 360, but thats something Microsoft wants to control themselves so that you dont have any other choice but to buy their hard drives. Just looking at that hard drive enclosure on top makes me angry.

I agree there are several flaws in the original 360 design, but the hard-drive isn't one of them. I love the idea of popping off my hard-drive and going over to a friends with not just my profile, but all my videos, purchased games etc. That's a plus in my opinion. Upgrading is a mixed bag though. On one hand it's as easy as slapping a new drive, on the other hand it's overpriced if you buy it at a store. You can save a ton buying online, but that's beside the point. But really that's not even a design flaw, it's a business strategy.

I'd love to see a Xbox 360 Slim too, but I want the easily removable hard-drive brought over to the new model. Maybe card shaped hard-drive that inserts in the back.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:13 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Jamin wrote:

I agree there are several flaws in the original 360 design, but the hard-drive isn't one of them. I love the idea of popping off my hard-drive and going over to a friends with not just my profile, but all my videos, purchased games etc. That's a plus in my opinion. Upgrading is a mixed bag though. On one hand it's as easy as slapping a new drive, on the other hand it's overpriced if you buy it at a store. You can save a ton buying online, but that's beside the point. But really that's not even a design flaw, it's a business strategy.

I'd love to see a Xbox 360 Slim too, but I want the easily removable hard-drive brought over to the new model. Maybe card shaped hard-drive that inserts in the back.
I hate it when people say "Its a business strategy" to justify getting raped in the ass by a company. They also made it that way because they knew A LOT of people would be jumping from 360 to 360 due to shoddy hardware.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:21 am

Jamin wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Jamin wrote:

I hate it when people say "Its a business strategy" to justify getting raped in the ass by a company. They also made it that way because they knew A LOT of people would be jumping from 360 to 360 due to shoddy hardware.

Well it is a business strategy whether you like it or not. I never said I liked paying high prices for larger hard-drives. MS wanted to be able to sell Xbox 360s without harddrives at a lower price and then let their consumers upgrade later. That's a great business strategy. Yes they overcharge, but all businesses charge the mas they think people will pay. Sony's no different, just look at the PS3's original price.

And you know it's BS to say MS planned it because of unforeseen reliability issues. The external hard-drive was a design choice made long before the first prototype and years before the first Xbox 360 RROD.

On a side note I just want to add that PS3's have internal hard-drives. To upgrade you have to take apart your PS3 and do some semi-technical things. Geeks have no problem with that, but most people are to afraid to open the hood of their car let alone their gaming machines. Aside from price I applaud MS for letting their customers easily swap drives. And for geeks there are some online tutorials on how to upgrade an Xbox 360 drive with an off the shelf drive to save money.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:12 am

Microsoft locked out unauthorized hard drives last year, I think in October with the facebook and twitter update. Those with unauthorized hard drives lost their data, and are banned from XBL because modding in a new hard drive is considered a breach of the Terms and Conditions.
And no, you dont have to take your PS3 apart to upgrade your hard drive. There's a little latch on the hard drive bay, remove it, remove 1-3 screws with a butter knife, take out the hard drive, put in the new one, put screws back in, format your new hard drive.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:20 am

Jamin wrote:
Microsoft locked out unauthorized hard drives last year, I think in October with the facebook and twitter update. Those with unauthorized hard drives lost their data, and are banned from XBL because modding in a new hard drive is considered a breach of the Terms and Conditions.
And no, you dont have to take your PS3 apart to upgrade your hard drive. There's a little latch on the hard drive bay, remove it, remove 1-3 screws with a butter knife, take out the hard drive, put in the new one, put screws back in, format your new hard drive.

I'm pretty sure I've seen people get around the unauthorized memory ban, but if not that sucks even though I understand why MS tries to reduce modding to cut down on pirating mods.But that was never my main point anway.

Opening up a little door in the back of a PS3, removing screws with a butter knife and formatting a hard-drive is WAY more then most consumers are willing to do. It may be easy for you and me since I assume you probably have about the same experience with PC hardware as I do, but most people don't even know what a hard-drive really is and think "format" is in reference to a term paper. However swapping Xbox 360 hard-drives is as easy as putting on a hat.
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Lt Xplosi wrote:
i hope it would but at the same time dont
if it comes true
ps3 trolls would say:
u stole it u r jealus of ps3 slim
ps3 fanboys are irrelevent
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:37 am

I'll sell my Elite and get it, if it's true...
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:15 pm

i'm not to sure of it because y make something so good and change it. besides the 360 is already slim the ps3 needed to because it was so fat
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
3DO Teabagger

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:22 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Jamin wrote:

I'm pretty sure I've seen people get around the unauthorized memory ban, but if not that sucks even though I understand why MS tries to reduce modding to cut down on pirating mods.But that was never my main point anway.

Opening up a little door in the back of a PS3, removing screws with a butter knife and formatting a hard-drive is WAY more then most consumers are willing to do. It may be easy for you and me since I assume you probably have about the same experience with PC hardware as I do, but most people don't even know what a hard-drive really is and think "format" is in reference to a term paper. However swapping Xbox 360 hard-drives is as easy as putting on a hat.

Easy as pie, I was able to upgrade mine in 5 minutes. You can also transfer data between HDDs via USB External hard drive.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:30 pm

3DO Teabagger wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Jamin wrote:

Easy as pie, I was able to upgrade mine in 5 minutes. You can also transfer data between HDDs via USB External hard drive.

The average user is not going to do that. Most people don't upgrade anything. The Xbox 360's hard-drive is no different then swapping a memory card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction   360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction Empty

Back to top Go down

360 Slim Rumors Gain More Traction
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next