This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heavy Rain=Very Underrated

Go down 
+14
Invincible
ghost23
Lt Xplosi
xjosh360s
Pickles
spartan225
343_Guilty_Spark
Razorcloud
hughjass
DemonWolf
Rednose
Jamin
Stoney
Pein
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Heavy Rain=Very Underrated Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:16 pm

the point of this topic is...heavy rain is very underated i mean for real,the game is just amazing,i havent cared so much for characters that dont exist,and the voice acting is mostly good,there are some lines that suck and some characters speak weird,and what do you know???
this game has "GAMEPLAY" which you walk around looking for clues,most people say its boring..how is it boring? the QTEs made my heart beat soo fast it would almost jump like the way facehuggers from aliens jump on people faces and then they penetrate the human stomach,thats the same thing i felt,and this game has 18 endings and the ending i did was epic,this game is not a movie,if its a movie,it should be released in theaters,but its actually released for the ps3 which is a video game console and when you put the disk in,you dont see it in the video section,you see it in the game section so i dont get why people are saying heavy rain is a movie,the biggest reason i made this topic is because i wanted to tell my opinion on heavy rain and how much this game is underrated
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Its top notch without a doubt. What eles to you expect from Quantic Dream. But again it wont appeal to everyone sadly. People need to play this game just for the story, even if they hate the controls.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:48 pm

Yes, it is very underrated. Sadly, this is because many gamers this generation have an over exposure to just action/shooting titles. Not many are willing to settle down and enjoy a good story, because that would be considered boring. I would call it GAMER ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER. Unless there is a lot going on on the screen, they loose interest, and they get conditioned to like games that only overstimulate their eyes.
Back to top Go down
Rednose
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Rednose

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:08 pm

Attention spam of Teenagers these days are equal that of kids =P
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Admittedly when I saw the first gameplay clips I thought the game looked realllly shit and gay but recently I've seen more footage of it and it does look pretty damn cool. I like the sort of atmosphere and the style of gameplay, despite all the QTE's, looks very interesting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
hughjass

hughjass

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:16 am

not one reviewer has yet to truly say how amazing this game is. i'm quite surprised how much
of them leave out how great the characters are. what goes unmentioned is the wonderful new
type of genre this masterpiece has made. imagine the success of this game has motivated
another developer. believe this game is a big step forward in immersive games. this genre is
going to also be picked up by 360 developers, which is great news. i believe the xbox 360 is
a wonderful platform for the heavy rain-esque game; this platform, in my humble opinion, is
more so appropriate for this type of cinematic experience because of the 360's large RAM.
essentially, this will enable for better graphics and better content!

upon us is a great new age of gaming. judging by heavy rains high quality, new games will
for sure bring even higher quality products. i'd love to see a developer like bungie or valve
attach even more new features to this revolutionary genre. just think of a new view on a
game such as half life or halo. the possibilities are endless. i'm hoping at most, or at least
some of these games come out by 2011.
Back to top Go down
Razorcloud
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:20 am

hughjass wrote:

Not one reviewer has yet to truly say how amazing this game is. i'm quite surprised how much
Of them leave out how great the characters are. what goes unmentioned is the wonderful new
Type of genre this masterpiece has made. imagine the success of this game has motivated
Another developer. believe this game is a big step forward in immersive games. this genre is
Going to also be picked up by 360 developers, which is great news. i believe the xbox 360 is
A wonderful platform for the heavy rain-esque game; this platform, in my humble opinion, is
More so appropriate for this type of cinematic experience because of the 360's large RAM.
Essentially, this will enable for better graphics and better content!

Upon us is a great new age of gaming. judging by heavy rains high quality, new games will
For sure bring even higher quality products. i'd love to see a developer like bungie or valve
Attach even more new features to this revolutionary genre. just think of a new view on a
Game such as half life or halo. the possibilities are endless. i'm hoping at most, or at least
Some of these games come out by 2011.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:08 am

Jamin wrote:
Yes, it is very underrated. Sadly, this is because many gamers this generation have an over exposure to just action/shooting titles. Not many are willing to settle down and enjoy a good story, because that would be considered boring. I would call it GAMER ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER. Unless there is a lot going on on the screen, they loose interest, and they get conditioned to like games that only overstimulate their eyes.

I think most people, not just gamers enjoy good stories. But why was this a "game". It's more a movie then a game. The "gameplay" is nothing revolutionary. It's really no different then Space Ace or Dragon's Lair. Even choose your own adventure isn't a new concept.

I'd rather watch a 2 hour movie than "play through hours of tedium to get a contrived twist at the end.

I'm not saying it's bad. Not at all. If it's the type of game that appeal to you I doubt there better out there.

Underrated? I think it's rated just right. Niche titles should are niche for a reason. They don't appeal to most people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Razorcloud wrote:
hughjass wrote:

Not one reviewer has yet to truly say how amazing this game is. i'm quite surprised how much
Of them leave out how great the characters are. what goes unmentioned is the wonderful new
Type of genre this masterpiece has made. imagine the success of this game has motivated
Another developer. believe this game is a big step forward in immersive games. this genre is
Going to also be picked up by 360 developers, which is great news. i believe the xbox 360 is
A wonderful platform for the heavy rain-esque game; this platform, in my humble opinion, is
More so appropriate for this type of cinematic experience because of the 360's large RAM.
Essentially, this will enable for better graphics and better content!

Upon us is a great new age of gaming. judging by heavy rains high quality, new games will
For sure bring even higher quality products. i'd love to see a developer like bungie or valve
Attach even more new features to this revolutionary genre. just think of a new view on a
Game such as half life or halo. the possibilities are endless. i'm hoping at most, or at least
Some of these games come out by 2011.
LOL you did what arnold schwarzenegger sometimes does in letters!
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:38 am

It's not for most people. I don't like it because it's not the reason I play video games. I play to shoot at aliens, crash cars, or some other crazy shit.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:39 pm

i dont really know that much about it i dont think itwould be my type of game i find simply pressing a botton to fo the action boring but the strory is good
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:50 am

i want heavy rain.... evn though i am on the 360 side HR looks to awsome IMO
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:00 am

I may give it a try when I get my PS3. However my friend has spoiled the ending for me so I don't know if its worth the purchase since story is the most important part of the game.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:33 am

It was good, but I havent had the urge to play through it again. How on earth do you get the ending where everyone lives? I thought I did everything right and dude man still got capped at the end.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 am

Invincible wrote:
It was good, but I havent had the urge to play through it again. How on earth do you get the ending where everyone lives? I thought I did everything right and dude man still got capped at the end.

Everyone lived, except for you know who, in my playthrough. Got the platinum trophy!!
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:58 pm

i say metro20033 is more underated
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Played the demo today and I got to say that it is very, very boring. I can't get into it at all and that fact that my friend spoiled the ending kinda defeats the purpose of me buying the game.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:41 am

ghost23 wrote:
Played the demo today and I got to say that it is very, very boring. I can't get into it at all and that fact that my friend spoiled the ending kinda defeats the purpose of me buying the game.
threre are many endings -_-
Back to top Go down
OnlyABluRayPlayer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
OnlyABluRayPlayer

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:05 am

ghost23 wrote:

You can't really "get into it" it's only a demo... Alas, it's not a game for everyone, but worth a try because you may find out that you actually like it.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:38 pm

I Rented it and completed it and I would say HR is vastly overrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:37 pm

I NEED TO GET THIS! I thought the demo was fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:41 pm

For the people that say it isn't a game....how is it any less of a game then Halo or anything? Because it isn't your typical style game? People need to hop off of their FPS's and try something new.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:51 pm

It's definitely a game because you control your character, make decisions, and can die. I would file it in the adventure genre.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 5:39 am

JubJub and Invincible speak the truth.
Back to top Go down
Sir.Zillah
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sir.Zillah

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:31 am

Lt Xplosi wrote:
i want heavy rain.... evn though i am on the 360 side HR looks to awsome IMO

- sides?

fanboy war?
scratch

Just be a gamer .
Back to top Go down
http://ps3nation.roflforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain=Very Underrated   Heavy Rain=Very Underrated Empty

Back to top Go down