This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Final Fantasy XIII Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Final Fantasy XIII Review Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy XIII Review   Final Fantasy XIII Review EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:37 pm

final fantasy 13 is one of the most grounbreaking games ever made,its near flawless and its frustrating for some people that haven't played a jrpg for a long time

THE STORY
now..many people complain that they didnt understand the story at all,the story is about the fal'cie they are like machine alien things that created coccon=a paradise planet for the human species,the sanctum aka the leader of the goverment has 1 big rule..the humans should never leave coccon,because under coccon,there is a big planet named pulse,which the people call it "hell" the wildlife is dangerous and its tough to live on the planet..after the 13th day of the people settlement in coccon..a pulse fal'cie is found in the bodhum village and the goverment tries to purge (aka exterminate everyone that was near to the fal'cie),the game starts in a train..lightning (the main character) speaks with sazh,a black guy who has a chocobo in his head try to execute a plan to stop the train and avoid them to get purged by the goverment,all hell breaks loose and the first chapter starts,after that you meet with the team NORA,which leader is snow ( a playable character) and he and his teammates try to escape the purge with the people that arrived before lightning and sazh train and there is a big conflict between the goverment and the resistance,near the resistance you will be introduced to hope ( a 14 year old boy) and vanille ( a annoying girl at the beggining of the game) and hope's mother gets killed in the conflict and he thinks snow is responicible for his mother's death,vanille tries to cheer him up and failed miserably every time (which i laughed),soon snow has a fiancee named serah which you found out that serah is lightning sister,she is a l'cie..l'cie are people getting marked by a pulse fal'cie and the people who live in coccon think that the l'cie are enemies of coccon,because of some old legend,it says that the l'cie will destroy coccon and because of that people are scared,also the l'cie have a focus,that is like a objective,they need to finish it or they will be turned into a cie'th,cie'ths are like zombies,they move retarded and they are creepy,IF the l'cie completes their focus,they turn into a crystal form and by the legend,they will live for eternity,snow falls in a depression and tries to kill the fal'cie that made serah a l'cie,but in the end the fal'cie tricks them and makes them l'cie and they are targeted by the goverment,there is a big chaces and later on you meet a austalian accent girl named fang and she joins the crew to destroy the sanctum,there are some twists and the story is one of the best video game stories i have ever experienced,the characters,the music,the battle theme is stuck in my head and also the ballad in the opening is beautiful,i know i dragged about this story alot,but i had to

so for the story
10.0 (simply because how is it told and the characters are all great with deep personalities and engaging CGI's)

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics are remarkable,the characters show their emotion if they are desperate,sad,happy or angry..the voice acting is also very well done,it actually might be the first jrpg (well for me) that made the voice acting really really good,there are some texture pop-ins,but they are really rare,not only that the in-game cutscenes look amazing and sometimes intense.the villains are really well-done,the enemies are really great and the variety of them is high and not only that the animations of every character in the game is different,which is a big plus for me,to simply put..this is one of the best graphics ive seen in final fantasy or any video game ever released

so for the graphics
10.0 (the details,the enviroment,the characters emotion EVEN the voice acting and the in-game cutscenes are great)

THE GAMEPLAY
the gameplay is turn-based,similar to ff7,ff8,ff9 and ff10..you have shifts,which you change the classes,theres alot of upgrades and the gameplay feels great,you buy stuff,you upgrade your weapons,the strenght,magic,health etc..theres soo much to talk about..you can sneak on enemies before they see you if you enter their *zone* i may call and you can do a preemtive strike,you do a attack before they attack you and you can make their orange bar go up,the orange bar is like the bar to penetrate their *shield* all enemies have like shield an if you fill the orange bar they will be more vunrable to your attacks and you can kill them quickly,theres alot of tactis,there is summoning,which looks amazing,and every summon is amazing...(hope's summon is the best) and the way the gameplay is..its very deep and its amazing,the problem with the gameplay is that sometimes,it takes to slow to use a potion or revival of your fallen partner,the first 25 hours you play as how the game tells you,after those hours you are open to choose who you want to play and what teammate you will be using..and the biggest problem for me is linearity..i think this is where is a big minus for the gameplay..the game is really linear,you have like alternate paths,but they lead to those bouncing balls,that you can get stuff and use it..which helps,but at chapter 11,the game is open world,you can have side-missions and the gameplay is much more interesting,but still it isnt what i was expecting

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR

the fan factor for me is really big..i am enjoying final fantasy 13,i didnt finished it..im near the end before the final boss fight and the game is just really really fun..i enjoyed every single bit of the story and the characters and this is my 2nd favorite final fantasy game,my first one is ff8..but anyway i enjoyed ff13 alot and i heard there will be a sequel to ff13,which if they already start making it..i cant wait for it..to put it simply i enjoyed ff13..almost everything is just mindblowing and this the only rpg i can think of that can match mass effect 2 this year in the spot for the best rpg of 2010.

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:FINAL FANTASY XIII GETS

simply because the story,and the characters,the gameplay and the overall experience is very mindblowing..this is one of my contenders for game of the year and i really love it..and to any jrpg fan...BUY IT..but if your a wrpg..i suggest first rent it if you like..but if you like it..buy it..because i think any rpg fan should play this amazing game and everyone should experience it
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII Review   Final Fantasy XIII Review EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:40 pm

What version did you get? PS3 or 360?
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII Review   Final Fantasy XIII Review EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:12 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
What version did you get? PS3 or 360?
the 360..i got since i own both consoles,and my friend insisted i getting ff13 on 360 and he gets it on the ps3,he wanted to compare both and yeah thats how i got it
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII Review   Final Fantasy XIII Review EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:07 am

I knew it would be a good game. Just knew it. So how is the "linearity" or whatever the people call it these days (not trying to make fun of it, just asking if there is so called linearity)?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII Review   Final Fantasy XIII Review EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:37 am

Kendo wrote:
I knew it would be a good game. Just knew it. So how is the "linearity" or whatever the people call it these days (not trying to make fun of it, just asking if there is so called linearity)?
there is linearity,it has some other places,but they are only for getting those white balls which are like collectibles or probably some extra enemies,but after chapter 10,the game is not linear,im right now at chapter 11,i heard you have to max all your stats to continue so its probably going to take me over 20 hours to max everything -_-
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII Review   Final Fantasy XIII Review EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:53 pm

It doesnt deserve a 9.6.That is way off

But it is your review so feel free to rate it what you want
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII Review   Final Fantasy XIII Review EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII Review   Final Fantasy XIII Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII Review
Page 1 of 1