This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.

Go down 
+15
Blixtstorm
M3A7L04F
3DO Teabagger
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Frank2368
Static103
Master_Chief
ZaFtxX
handkerchief
DemonWolf
Mr. Project Natal
ghost23
OnlyABluRayPlayer
343_Guilty_Spark
A7MAD_AU
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. Empty
PostSubject: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:39 am

Well well, although only yesterday someone from Santa Monica studio's claimed that GOW 3 is about 12 hours long it's fact that the game can be played within 8+ hours without skipping cut-scenes or the ending credits. Difficulty setting was on Normal but the author claims he made mistakes and didn't just stream right through the game.

GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. Savegame

Quote :
A post by Ken Feldman of Santa Monica Studios, the developer of God of War 3, stated on the God of War forums that it took their fastest tester 12-13 hours to complete the game. As a game reviewer, I don't consider myself privy to special knowledge or skills, especially considered to testers, who literally play games 8-10 hours a day, and more often 6-7 days a week. But this is a false statement, as I completed the game in roughly 8 hours, 35 minutes, including the end credits and cutscenes.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:44 am

I remember PS3 fantards going crazy becuase we payed $60 for one of the best gaming experiences of last year becuase it was only a 6-8 long singleplayer. Well, while ODST may only be 6-8 hours for one play though on normal at least it has a full multiplayer experience that will last forever and an all new co-op mode in Firefight that again will last a long time.

GoW3 being 8 hours long isn't that bad, but since it's only a single player game I feel like PS3 fans should be bitching about it's price like they did about us happily paying for ODST becuase we love Halo so much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
OnlyABluRayPlayer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
OnlyABluRayPlayer

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:19 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
I remember PS3 fantards going crazy becuase we payed $60 for one of the best gaming experiences of last year becuase it was only a 6-8 long singleplayer. Well, while ODST may only be 6-8 hours for one play though on normal at least it has a full multiplayer experience that will last forever and an all new co-op mode in Firefight that again will last a long time.

GoW3 being 8 hours long isn't that bad, but since it's only a single player game I feel like PS3 fans should be bitching about it's price like they did about us happily paying for ODST becuase we love Halo so much.

I finished ODST in under 4 hours by myself :/

Also, "a tad" over 8 hours, I was expecting like 8h 1m. But none-the-less GoW3 has already scored an AAA status so I'm guessing it's pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:46 am

OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Also, "a tad" over 8 hours, I was expecting like 8h 1m. But none-the-less GoW3 has already scored an AAA status so I'm guessing it's pretty decent.

I've played through ODST several times and the only way to beat it in less then 5 hours is to try to speed through the game as fast as you can. You can't explore the city, collect all the cam stories, complete the missions, etc at a natural pace and accidentally finish it in less then 4 hours.

You sir tried to beat it fast and you missed the point of the game entirely.

Besides that, the game comes with the full Halo 3 multiplayer and the brand new Firefight mod which is tons of fun to play for ages.

GoW3 may be epic, but after you finish those 8 hours you'll have nothing left but to play through it again and like a movie it will be the same each time.

PS3 fantards should be angry like they were when all we wanted to do was enjoy a much better value in ODST. I guess they only really care if Xbox 360 exclusives have short campaigns even if they have multiplayer features.
Back to top Go down
OnlyABluRayPlayer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
OnlyABluRayPlayer

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:54 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

I've played through ODST several times and the only way to beat it in less then 5 hours is to try to speed through the game as fast as you can. You can't explore the city, collect all the cam stories, complete the missions, etc at a natural pace and accidentally finish it in less then 4 hours.

Besides that, the game comes with the full Halo 3 multiplayer and the brand new Firefight mod which is tons of fun to play for ages.

GoW3 may be epic, but after you finish those 8 hours you'll have nothing left but to play through it again and like a movie it will be the same each time.

PS3 fantards should be angry like they were when all we wanted to do was enjoy a much better value in ODST. I guess they only really care if Xbox 360 exclusives have short campaigns even if they have multiplayer features.

Well to be honest, I don't count side missions and collecting all the skulls to be included in the actual game play time. If it was, GTA4 would be like 500000000000000 hours because you have to collect all those pigeons.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:08 am

OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Well to be honest, I don't count side missions and collecting all the skulls to be included in the actual game play time. If it was, GTA4 would be like 500000000000000 hours because you have to collect all those pigeons.

I got all the pigeons and all the stunt jumps in under 60 hours....
And you should count side missions as part of the game time because the developers put it in the game because they believed it necessary to get the full experience.
Back to top Go down
OnlyABluRayPlayer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
OnlyABluRayPlayer

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:12 am

ghost23 wrote:
OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

I got all the pigeons and all the stunt jumps in under 60 hours....
And you should count side missions as part of the game time because the developers put it in the game because they believed it necessary to get the full experience.

It's obvious you don't get what I'm trying to say. What I'm trying to say is collecting that last skull in halo, finding all of those feathers in AC2 and finding every bolt in ratchet & clank doesn't actually count towards actual story mode.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:13 am

OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Sadie's Story is hardly a side mission. The whole point of the Rookie's night hub was for explorations, Sadie's Story was part of that exploration.

Is you speed through the game you're missing the whole point of the game, and gaming for that matter.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:40 am

OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:

My mate completed MGS4 in 5 hours flat.

OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:

Well yeah, but this guy kept failing and made mistakes, he admits he's not one of the better gamers... I'd be surprised if I don't finish it in 8 hours myself.

Also the point of the overall length was not to diminish the actual game as even the source states himself, but it is to clarify many factors.

...I found;

* Blu-ray doesn't equal longer gameplay.
* Santa Monica Studio's got caught out straight after claiming anyone who states it takes less than 12 hours is spreading misinformation. Wink
* The zealots who slammed other titles that are as long if not longer than GOW3 get to eat some crow.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:37 am

i thought you meant Gears of War 3. No
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:25 pm

lol so much for teh blu rayz!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Mr. Project Natal wrote:
i thought you meant Gears of War 3. No

same i thought how does anyone know this.
Back to top Go down
ZaFtxX
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
ZaFtxX

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:04 pm

first of all your wrong "TEH BLURAYZ" allows all ps3 games to be 40 hours dumbass.
every ps3 game is 40 hours, IAM TEH BLU RAY FOLLOWER.

in all seriousness 8 hours is fine for a hack and slash, it gets damn right repetitive if its any longer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:14 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

You can beat GoW3 in 8 hours by rushing through it. It would take about 12 to do everything.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:28 pm

But but....Teh blurayz and teh Cellz potentialz.
Back to top Go down
OnlyABluRayPlayer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
OnlyABluRayPlayer

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:55 pm

*sigh* some people here are so arrogant... quite sad really.

At the end of the day the story mode from start to finish is the ACTUAL gameplay time. This should never include searching for shit to get achievements, it's a cheap way of adding playtime to games.
Back to top Go down
Static103
Static103

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:38 am

God Of War 3 should have been a PS4 title. That game is so effing amazing
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:04 am

Static103 wrote:
God Of War 3 should have been a PS4 title. That game is so effing amazing

Only the presentation was amazing. The combat was quite bad, even if you compare it to Bayonetta
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:43 pm

8 hours... In another thread I was making a point on how Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver was considered a hack and slash game and that was sheer brilliance. That game could never be finished in 8 hours.
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
3DO Teabagger

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:41 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

You can beat GoW3 in 8 hours by rushing through it. It would take about 12 to do everything.

Yeah like the gorgan eyes, and getting all the outfits.

Black and Gold Kratos FTW!
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:51 pm

See this is why I don't buy hack n slash games like GOW or Ninja Gaiden at full price
I try to wait until its price gets lower
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:56 am

I'm 6 and a half hours in to GOW 3, just in The Olympus Gardens stage.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 12:27 pm

That's bad... Having a single player game only with a time span of sub-10 hours.... Atleast they have some stuff to collect to make up for it...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:21 am

I'm 5.5 hours in and it seems like I still have a ways to go. The main reason being because it's really freakin' hard at times. There's a lot more strategy involved then the other two. It took me a while to realize that using enemies as a battering ram is a very very useful technique.
Back to top Go down
Static103
Static103

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:24 am

it only takes a dickhead to rush the game and complete it without taking his/her time trying to experience and have fun playing it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.   GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'. Empty

Back to top Go down

GOW 3 can be completed in a tad over 8 hours on 'Normal'.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next