This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo Reach new matchmaking system

Go down 
+5
DemonWolf
Spartan v07
3DO Teabagger
Noelol
Arbiteris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Halo Reach new matchmaking system Empty
PostSubject: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 3:52 pm

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1078570p1.html

Quote :
March 18, 2010 - Bungie has begun to explain the features it teased in its most recent multiplayer trailer. Over on Shacknews, details on the new matchmaking system have been unveiled, including an explanation as to what exactly Active Roster means, how the new map voting system will work, and what Bungie is doing to ensure everybody can find a game that matches their skill set.

Upon booting up Halo: Reach, you'll see an active roster screen that lets you know what your Xbox Live friends that are also playing are up to, including who they are in a party with and what the current score of their match is. If you want to join any of them, even if they are in a match, you can queue up and the game will auto-join you as soon as they are ready.

According to Shacknews, a new voting system will be implemented. Rather than voting down a map or game type, only to have one you like even less selected, Reach will offer three additional choices to vote on at the same time as alternatives.

Shacknews describes Arena Playlists as "possibly the largest change." A new rating system is being created that recognizes kill to death ratios as well as assists. Month long seasons are being created with divisions for Onyx, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Steel. Within one season, players can rank up or down, but to be recognized as a competitor in a season a player will need to get enough Daily Rankings by playing a set number of games in a single day. This is described as being geared towards the elite players.

On the flip side is the combination of the ranked and social playlists. The matchmaking system will simply look for another group at the same skill level rather than separating out the hardcore ranked players from the casual socials. More matchmaking options are being created as well, allowing you to decide to only play with others that have a good connection or low ping, or only against those of the same skill, or only against those that speak your language. There will also be so-called Social Settings that players can use to define their style, including preferences for team vs. lone wolf, winning vs. having fun, talking vs. keeping quiet, and polite vs. a more rowdy tone.

Be sure to head over to Shacknews. They've got even more detailed descriptions of these features as well as some exclusive screenshots.

Last edited by 343_Guilty_Spark on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please quote at least part of the article)
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:24 pm

That sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
3DO Teabagger

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:47 pm

When will devs learn that I hate matchmaking, and that I want drop in-drop out dedicated server lobbies, like the original CODs and Resistance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:01 pm

I like this new idea.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:19 pm

dam that is some good info,didn't expect Bungie to go this hard on this title.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:24 am

Wow! This sounds impressive. I think they've overcomplicated it a little, I mean do you really need to know if a persons polite or not before you join? Lol seriously, all we need is mute and then we don't have to worry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Dutchy
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:47 am

This sounds nice.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:11 am

demondragondude wrote:
Wow! This sounds impressive. I think they've overcomplicated it a little, I mean do you really need to know if a persons polite or not before you join? Lol seriously, all we need is mute and then we don't have to worry.
QFT!!!
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:04 pm

demondragondude wrote:
QFTW
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 am

3DO Teabagger wrote:
When will devs learn that I hate matchmaking, and that I want drop in-drop out dedicated server lobbies, like the original CODs and Resistance.

Devs don't care that you hate it, you have a PS3, you talk about it all day and inadvertently troll here (you fail at being a stealth troll I will also add), go play Resistance 2 or Haze or something and let the gamers interested in Bungie's (possibly) best title enjoy what they're bringing us.

You hate a lot of things 360 it seems, why you're even here is beyond me (I know why you're here, I don't know why you're allowed here I mean).

Go play your 16xAA GOW 3 game. :p

demondragondude wrote:

MS' vision is broad, they believe Halo Reach will attract new gamers they appeal to with Natal, making it 'family' friendly (even though it's a shooter) will only help them in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:10 pm

A7MAD_AU wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:

You hate a lot of things 360 it seems, why you're even here is beyond me (I know why you're here, I don't know why you're allowed here I mean).

He isnt allowed here now.Some mods agreed to ban him yesterday.He also was banned 5 times before.Lol,he just sent me a youtube PM all butthurt that we banned him
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:58 pm

HellJumper wrote:
A7MAD_AU wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:

He isnt allowed here now.Some mods agreed to ban him yesterday.He also was banned 5 times before.Lol,he just sent me a youtube PM all butthurt that we banned him

Did he make a Youtube video or just messaged you from Youtube?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:11 pm

A7MAD_AU wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
A7MAD_AU wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:

Did he make a Youtube video or just messaged you from Youtube?

Just messaged me
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Halo: Reach is gonna be awesome. No doubt about that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach new matchmaking system   Halo Reach new matchmaking system Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Reach new matchmaking system
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: