This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:03 pm

Sort of like a star wars version of God of War, but with a better plot and fighting requires a tad more strategy from what I have seen. As with all my games, I love it.

Story
"Vader thinks he's turned...But I can sense your future...And Vader won't always be your master...I sense only...Me?"
-Jedi General Rahm Kota to Starkiller

The story first has you play as Darth Vader, in a setting hardcore star wars fans such as me know as the Battle of Kashyyyk, you have been sent to take out a jedi knight who was hiding on the planet. You find and kill him, but Vader senses someone else, a small boy by the name of Galen Marek. Vader's officer shows up and are about to kill Galen, but Vader grabs his lightsaber and kills them. From then on you play as Galen Marek, only 17 years later. Now known as Starkiller (there is never a time in the game when he is addressed by his actual name I think). The story is incredible, something like an RPG. George Lucas himself made this canon. The story bridges the gap between episodes 3 and 4, first by having you hunt jedi, including the famous master Shaak Ti. Later the story has you do something different, but I will leave that for you to find out. Very very good. However, because you are a secret, no one is to witness you and live, even imperials, the game will not expect you to actually do that, and does not care if you miss some, thankfully. There is also 2 endings.

Jedi Master Shaak Ti facing off against Starkiller
Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 800px-ShaakTi_vs_Starkiller

Gameplay
"Ah, Master, I'm pleased to see that you're not dead. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to kill you myself."
-PROXY

The gameplay has a few parts. Lightsaber combat, OPTIONAL quick time events, force powers, and timing. There is one problem with force powers that you the game sort of picks what you are targeting, this isn't good, but it by no means makes it unplayable. The advantage is that force powers are badass epic and awesome (even describing it like that is and understatement), the powers fit the title. Everything else is a mix of what force powers to use, what combos to use, and when to attack as some enemies are immune to certain powers of yours. The gameplay is still a blast. Even with the force power thing, I unleashed a storm of force powers when cornered and the randomness of power killed all my enemies with very interesting ways, even though some were difficult and other required to be finished off with a lightsaber. Also, the epic star destroyer thing was a let down sadly, but the cut-scene was awesome. The physics are sorta weird, a force push will knock over a large tree, but only make a small tree bend in the wind. Despite all this, the gameplay is a blast, very fun and despite what I said it does not ruin the game.

A player gripping a stormtrooper with the force
Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Forceunleashedsplash

Graphics and Art
The star wars universe is truly realized by the developers, the planets look as they should for hardcore fans who have seen them before, the graphics are awesome. Some funny things in cutscenes will happen if you look closely enough, kinda like bloopers. Still the graphics are awesome and nice to look at.

Starkiller bringing down a star destroyer with the power of the force.
Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 611px-SecretSith01

Music and sound
It's star wars and it sounds like star wars, need I say more? The gameplay sounds are what you expect from it the music is always awesome and the force powers stand out from other sounds, they sound and feel powerful.

Overall the game is still good despite the flaws, if I could, I would rate this and pretty much all my games I cna think of at least over 9, but that is not the way of the reviewer, I give Force Unleashed an 8.9.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Great review,I got the wii version,which is different.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:19 am

A bit of a disappointment at first but was still a really fun game.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:49 am

good review
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Empty

Back to top Go down

Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Page 1 of 1