This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu

Go down 
+8
Master_Chief
Kendo
Arbiteris
DemonWolf
ZeInFormer
ghost23
DarkSwarm85
Invincible
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu Empty
PostSubject: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 3:24 pm

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=240295

Of course, this is Japan they're talking about. They have a ton of games that North America will probably never see. I personally think the 360 has better games when it comes to whats available in America. I'm surprised to see Gamecube and PSP so high on the list and SNES so low.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:33 pm

XBOX 1 ahead of PS2. pirat
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:08 am

Not intending to be racist, but I personally think that Japanese review Japanese games with a lot of bias. Famitsu rated FF13 39/40 and I didn't hear any mention of the linear gameplay that breaks away from the tradition of Final Fantasy, but everywhere else around the world, FF13 wasn't rated that great.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:58 am

ghost23 wrote:
Not intending to be racist, but I personally think that Japanese review Japanese games with a lot of bias. Famitsu rated FF13 39/40 and I didn't hear any mention of the linear gameplay that breaks away from the tradition of Final Fantasy, but everywhere else around the world, FF13 wasn't rated that great.
Well, it's their opinion and I do agree they should've mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 5:20 am

Well Japanese have different tastes from us. They're happy to keep buying those Gundam games
that are all the same!!!
But in Japan the ps3 most likely has a better library to 360 but only
to their tastes. If I learnt Japanese and could import all the Japanese ps3 games
I wanted I probably still wouldn't enjoy them and would still prefer 360 games! But what I agree with is the psp getting 4th place. It's what I've said all along. It's got great games & the best gameplay out of all the handhelds! Especially in Japan where it has more games but also in the rest of the world. A psp exclusive won best handheld game in the bafta awards! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:49 pm

ghost23 wrote:

They also do it to Pokemon and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 6:29 pm

ghost23 wrote:

Japan can be biased sometimes.

Last edited by Deus Ex Machina on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Im glad Valkyria Chronicles (and the sequel) is a different kind of RPG so it wont be linear.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Well saying PS3 games are the best is definitley a matter of opinion and certainly depends on who you ask.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 pm

It comes down to opinion in Japan and other countries.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:11 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
XBOX 1 ahead of PS2. pirat

in terms of percentage sure but look at the total # of games:

Quote :
5. Xbox (40/185, 21.62%)
7. PlayStation 2 (393/1997, 19.68%)

PS2 has more than 8X as many quality games...that's crazy...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:03 am

Why the hell is Game Gear in last place?

"20. Game Gear (0/184, 0%)"
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:38 am

Keyword - "On Average"

This means that the 360 has better games because it has 104 gold versus the PS3's 77. It just has more shovelware that drags down the average.
Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:37 am

ghost23 wrote:
just like how american reviewers review most jrpg's with american bias
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:00 pm

☺☻♥♦♣○◙♂♀◄↕ wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

yes, that is why we pointed out obviosu concerns that even FF fans pointed out.Liek the game being linear Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:42 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
☺☻♥♦♣○◙♂♀◄↕ wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

yes, that is why we pointed out obviosu concerns that even FF fans pointed out.Liek the game being linear Rolling Eyes

FFXIII doesn't even classify as a JRPG. That was a third person action game with a whateverthehellthatwas battle system.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:59 pm

In Japan for PS3, they buy JRPGs.
In Japan for 360, they buy everything else (Shmups, visual novels, other stuff)
Its just weird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu   PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 games are best on average - Famitsu
Page 1 of 1