This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second

Go down 
+4
Alan1994
343_Guilty_Spark
ghost23
Mr. Project Natal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:50 pm

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/23/microsofts-project-natal-lag-calculated-to-be-a-tenth-of-a-seco/

Thats not much when you think about it. Actually thats very little. And don't say stupid stuff. I can see it coming.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 12:11 am

That's actually very good seeing as Move also has some lag and Natal has to do a lot more calculations than the Move. In that regard Natal is actually ahead of the competition.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 12:39 am

ghost23 wrote:
That's actually very good seeing as Move also has some lag and Natal has to do a lot more calculations than the Move. In that regard Natal is actually ahead of the competition.
Indeed. I might just look up the lag time for the wands. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:22 am

That's nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 1:05 pm

So in 10 seconds your movements would lag by a second? That does kind of sound like a problem. My shots last night in a Gears 2 game lagged by 1 second and that really affected the flow of the game.

I'm not to fond of motion controllers anyways. But Natal seems to be looking like the worst out of the 2. Natal is going to need 15% of the 360's processing power which is alot to ask from developers. Can you imagine a game like Halo Reach only using 85% of the 360's CPU power? No thanks.

I want Microsoft to focus more and making killer IP's and attaining more 1st party developers. Sad.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
So in 10 seconds your movements would lag by a second? That does kind of sound like a problem. My shots last night in a Gears 2 game lagged by 1 second and that really affected the flow of the game.

I'm not to fond of motion controllers anyways. But Natal seems to be looking like the worst out of the 2. Natal is going to need 15% of the 360's processing power which is alot to ask from developers. Can you imagine a game like Halo Reach only using 85% of the 360's CPU power? No thanks.

I want Microsoft to focus more and making killer IP's and attaining more 1st party developers. Sad.

They have said that Natal will not be featured in Halo Reach therefore Halo Reach can use 100% of the CPU power.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

yeah but think about it, you may have a total play time on a game of about 3 days. It sounds like a lot but really you could have done that over a span of a year!! It's nothing really. Same goes with natal. ITs not as if every time you use it for 10 seconds you will suddenly have a second of lag. Nope, it's just not 100% instant but then again, move isn't either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

You completely misunderstand how this kind of lag works. It is nothing like internet lag like in a online game of LagZone 2 or MLAG.

Let me explain it to you.

It doesn't build up. It's per second. For each second the delay would be 1/10 of a second. That's 0.1 of of a second. Each second the lag is gone and you have new second with it's own .1 lag. The way you put it sounds like it the frame rate of the PS3 version of Bayonetta.

Now that's just what some MTV blog found crunching some non-scientific stop watch data from an old demo.

What that means is the worst it could possible be is .1 second lag. But, MS has already said they've improved it since the old tech shown at these demo sessions. Move has noticeable lag, and even WiiMotion Plus has lag. Natal will too, but it's going to be less then .1 per second and even if it was it would work just find.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:54 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

It doesn't build up. It's not one second of lag, it's an iota of lag every second.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:40 pm

1/10 of a second is like the blink of an eye which is almost nothing.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:59 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

You completely misunderstand how this kind of lag works. It is nothing like internet lag like in a online game of LagZone 2 or MLAG.

It doesn't build up. It's per second. For each second the delay would be 1/10 of a second. That's 0.1 of of a second. Each second the lag is gone and you have new second with it's own .1 lag. The way you put it sounds like it the frame rate of the PS3 version of Bayonetta.

Now that's just what some MTV blog found crunching some non-scientific stop watch data from an old demo.

What that means is the worst it could possible be is .1 second lag. But, MS has already said they've improved it since the old tech shown at these demo sessions. Move has noticeable lag, and even WiiMotion Plus has lag. Natal will too, but it's going to be less then .1 per second and even if it was it would work just find.

I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing up.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:58 pm

Seems to be on par with Move then.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

its not going to have reach. get a clue.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:17 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Theres the logic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second   Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second Empty

Back to top Go down

Microsoft's Project Natal lag calculated to be a tenth of a second
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: