This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Slipknot Discussion

Go down 
+3
Noelol
Invincible
ZeInFormer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Slipknot Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:20 am

Any fans of the Knot? Loved their first two albums, but they declined on their third album. Too experimental for my taste and it's starting to sound not like the Slipknot I used to know. I loved Slipknot for the cool style of genre they created. So much influences ranging from Thrash metal to Death metal and they added a couple of more stuff which makes them a very addicting band to listen. I'm so glad I dled both of their latest albums because both are disappointing and I only like about 4-5 songs on each album. They really need to go back to the first two album in terms of style.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Not a big fan. Slipknot hit the sceen around the time all the poser nu metal bands like limp bizkit and pa pa roach. So I never paid them much attention until The Subliminal Verses came out. Which isnt a bad album IMO.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:35 am

I like the music but not a fan. Im more of a SoaD person.
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:32 am

i hate all things nu-metal other than korn. the small ammout of respect i had for slipknot was lost when they made that abomination of an album called all hope is lost.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:04 am

the RPG guy wrote:
i hate all things nu-metal other than korn. the small ammout of respect i had for slipknot was lost when they made that abomination of an album called all hope is lost.

All Hope Is Gone you mean Wink

What's wrong with it? I think it's better than their previous albums.
That being said...I'm not a big fan myself. I like about half of the subliminal verses album and about half of All Hope Is Gone and that's it...they're kinda hit & miss imo.
I prefer Stone Sour.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:05 am

Invincible wrote:
Not a big fan. Slipknot hit the sceen around the time all the poser nu metal bands like limp bizkit and pa pa roach. So I never paid them much attention until The Subliminal Verses came out. Which isnt a bad album IMO.

ROFLMAO poser nu metal?! Excuse me but Papa Roach are not poser nu metal.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:53 am

Whatever you want to call them. They suck. Wink
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 11:58 am

Invincible wrote:
Whatever you want to call them. They suck. Wink

Razz Whatever you want to say they are, I don't care... they rock!
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:28 pm

I love how like every metal elitist call Nu metal like poser metal. To me, I just think Nu metal genre is a cheap way of calling bands like SOAD, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and more to represent their sound because they (the media) couldn't represent their sound accurately. Notice how Nu metal bands go like: "We want to be called Korn, Hybrid Theory, SOAD, etc." when it comes to their sound. Is Nu Metal considered metal? I don't know. Compared to Taproot's "Again and Again" and Slayer's "Raining Blood" all I can see is that their both heavy songs in similarity, but it was diffierently structured.
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:32 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Invincible wrote:

popa roach suck. all nu metal sucks, but i do like korn. nu metal isnt original in the least bit, disturbed and popa roach are nothing but the same melody over and over again, no technicality,no sould and all the guitar solo's suck.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:55 am

the RPG guy wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Invincible wrote:

popa roach suck. all nu metal sucks, but i do like korn. nu metal isnt original in the least bit, disturbed and popa roach are nothing but the same melody over and over again, no technicality,no sould and all the guitar solo's suck.

It's not all about technicality you know. I admit, one of their songs sounds like a total rip-off of one of their old songs but I can look past it because Papa Roach are the only band I've ever heard of their style and I like their style.I like the vocals, I like the pretty basic but catchy guitar riffs, I like pretty much everything about them. You can't change that Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:58 am

Come on, this song's awesome!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoHncpQ4jiU
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:39 am

the RPG guy wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Invincible wrote:

Well, pretty much every death metal band rips off Slayer or Cannibal Corpse to me. Nu Metal has never been focused about solo, they focus on the whole group. Who cares if the songs are easy. As long it sounds good, i don't see what's the big deal. I mean I can make a technical solo by just mindlessly play random scales on my guitar and I can do that in like 10 seconds. Not trying to say bands that play technical things suck, but just cause their stuff is easy didn't mean they didn't try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:32 am

I love Slipknot's first two albums. I like Vol 3 and AHIG but not as much as the first two. Oh and btw they put on an AMAZING live show Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 am

The RPG Guy is right, Papa Roach really aren't original in the least bit. Allow me to demonstrate...

First off listen to the start of the Papa Roach song, Between Angels and Insects.

Then listen to the opening of Iron Maiden - Prowler and then compare Maiden's guitar riff to Jacoby Shaddix vocals.

Secondly listen to the guitar riff at the start of the Papa Roach song, Last Resort.

Then listen to Iron Maiden - Infinite Dreams from 2:30.

Nuff said

Last edited by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:06 pm

LOL that is a blatant rip-off on Papa Roach's behalf. Absolutely shocking!
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:09 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
LOL that is a blatant rip-off on Papa Roach's behalf. Absolutely shocking!
Tell me about it, i've known about that for years, although most Metal fans I speak to even now have never realised it.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:34 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
The RPG Guy is right, Papa Roach really aren't original in the least bit. Allow me to demonstrate...

First off listen to the start of the Papa Roach song, Between Angels and Insects.

Then listen to the opening of Iron Maiden - Prowler and then compare Maiden's guitar riff to Jacoby Shaddix vocals.

Secondly listen to the guitar riff at the start of the Papa Roach song, Last Resort.

Then listen to Iron Maiden - Infinite Dreams from 2:30.

Nuff said
If I could remember right, the guitarist of Papa Roach was inspired by bands like Slayer, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and a couple of more during his childhood. So It's kind of reasonable. Oh, most bands will get something like that since there's not much you can do on the guitar especially if you want to play something catchy. So what most bands do is change the tone of the sound to keep it different and if you have a knowledge of music, music is inspired by the scales. So pretty much every muscian rips off the scales. Without, there would be no music.
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:05 pm

last resort sounds like this song starting at 3:13
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:37 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

Dude, Iron Maiden have over 100 songs, I'm sure that every band has some similarity to a few seconds of any iron maiden song lol

But the thing is, they're completely different styles. A slight similarity in melody or riff doesn't mean much when they have a different impact on the listener. I personally love both Papa Roach & Iron Maiden.

Also, I think IN FLAMES' song Crawl Through Knives has a very similar riff to Unholy Confessions by Avenged Sevenfold but it doesn't stop me liking both songs. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Discussion   Slipknot Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Slipknot Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Gaming :: Movies/TV/Anime/Music/Books-
Jump to: