This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"

Go down 
+9
Master_Chief
Blackou7
gamer4life
Optimus Lime
day walker
BoznianBadass
DemonWolf
ghost23
ZaFtxX
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ZaFtxX
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
ZaFtxX

Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" Empty
PostSubject: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:08 am

" Crysis 2 on an early 360 dev build months away from release is, regardless of platform, flat out the most visually stunning game in history. Period. "

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=478660#p478660

thats a quote from a person who attended the crysis 2 nyc event.

it just shows that its not about hardware but the developer that uses it the best.

i can hear millions of sony fanboys crying right now.

Quote :
The level starts with the player very high up in a building, I’d say about 20 stories up. Nomad is given some brief directions by his commander, but it’s hard to pay attention as Nathan pans around from this high vantage point. Crysis 2 on an early 360 dev build months away from release is, regardless of platform, flat out the most visually stunning game in history. Period. I cannot adequately describe the richness, depth of detail, and the pure sensation that you are in a Nanosuit 2 bustling about in New York City.
I had a flashback to the very first time I walked out of the bunker and into the tropical paradise in the first level of Far Cry. There aren’t enough superlatives to put this correctly on paper. Nathan turns on tactical mode, pans down and to the left of him, and you begin to hear chatter from your newest human enemies. They’re wearing a Nanosuit that’s darker than Nomad’s, looks like it has a gas mask on the helmet, with daunting blue eyes.
Nathan switches to armor mode and jumps down from his perch. I was upset he had to come down, but my anger quickly subsides as Nathan switches to power mode and jumps to the next building and the immediately goes into “maximum stealth”. He creeps up on an unsuspecting enemy and grabs him.

Unlike the first game where it was by the neck, he actually palms his head like a basketball. He is palming and dragging this guy for a few steps and then squeezes his head crushing it like a grape. I can’t help myself and audibly say “NICE” quite loudly. He takes switches to armor and takes out an enemy and quickly reverts to stealth mode. A nearby enemy goes behind some wooden structure in front of Nomad for cover. The enemy is still on his radar from being tagged in tactical mode, so Nathan positions himself on the opposite side of the structure. He switches to the shotgun, turns on armor mode and blasts away. The wood splinters fly everywhere as round after round takes the structure and enemy down at the same time.
He works his way towards a brick wall for cover and being a good player knows that there’s a sniper rifle is conveniently right there. He scopes, zooms and snipes an enemy that is on the rooftop of the building directly across the street. His companion with a rocket launcher gets a bead on Nomad from the sound of the shot and fires away. What happens next is the next “oh shit” moment. As the rocket zooms towards Nomad and hits the brick wall in front of him, the bricks correctly hurl towards Nomad partially destroying a correct proportion of the wall. It was not the entire wall or a pre-baked hole. The engine correctly estimated the size of damage from the explosion and rendered it in real time.
As the bricks settled and the dust flew up, I couldn’t help but ask myself “did I just see that”? I didn’t care that he was in God mode and should have died. Amazing. I hardly had to time to recover from seeing that when he starts panning for more rooftop enemies. He spots a few more, walks over to a machine gun mounted on the rooftop and picks it up.

Much like the video of the first Crysis game when he fires the Hurricane into the trees, Nathan turns on armor mode and proceeds to lay waste to anything and everything in front of him. Again, I didn’t care that he should have died like five times. The sheer amount of carnage in front of the machine gun more than made up for the lack of any sort of tactics.
I didn’t even think of it at the time, but now writing this, it also showed the raw power of the new engine. Even with all the destruction going on, the visual feedbacks from taking damage (screen edge notifications, blur, etc), and intense amount of audio, the game did not hiccup one bit. Nathan proceeded to mop up the few extras that wisely ran for as much cover as possible and heads to the checkpoint. The level fades and a VERY loud applause ensues. I’m in complete awe of what I just witnessed.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:13 am

I'm gonna love to see some PS3 fanboy try and justify that Uncharted 2 looks better.
Anyway i'm probably gonna get this on 360 cause i dont have a good enough PC
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:31 am

ghost23 wrote:
I'm gonna love to see some PS3 fanboy try and justify that Uncharted 2 looks better.
Anyway i'm probably gonna get this on 360 cause i dont have a good enough PC

Lmao yeah. I'll definately be getting this too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
BoznianBadass
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
BoznianBadass

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:03 am

Wait? Really? even better than God of War 3? WOW Why dosent that surprise me at all?
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:06 am

i can see myself having a scifi FPS orgasm with halo reach and crysis 2
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:47 am

I want to see it! I can't tell if a game looks good by a quote Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:11 pm

Best looking game ever? I will believe it when I see it, I doubt any console game could get best looking game. The PC version will probably be one of the most beautiful.
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:53 am

if it turns out to be good ill buy it
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:27 am

These guys talk graphics way too much. Watch it control like ass like Killzone 2.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 1:42 pm

ghost23 wrote:
They are trying to already on certain forums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:09 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/crysis2/index.html Its on PS3 as well. You realize that right. Just because Xbox 360 users get the beta doesn't mean anything. And its going to look the same on both consoles by the way.
Back to top Go down
undergrace

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:08 am

!i wrote:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/crysis2/index.html Its on PS3 as well. You realize that right. Just because Xbox 360 users get the beta doesn't mean anything. And its going to look the same on both consoles by the way.
95% of the multiplats are better on the 360. graphics, fluidity, framerate, etc.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:43 pm

undergrace wrote:
!i wrote:
95% of the multiplats are better on the 360. graphics, fluidity, framerate, etc.

Well, Crysis developers are going to utilize the strengths of both consoles. I can imagine the PS3 version doign somethings better than the X360 version and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:18 pm

Hopefully this one doesn't have simple generic gameplay like the first one.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:37 pm

I am hearing Crysis 2 is suppose to play & look better than Crysis 1.....might be a must have if MP is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"   Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history" Empty

Back to top Go down

Early 360 beta of Crysis 2 "Most stunning game in history"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: