This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

demondragondude should be proud of me.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

demondragondude should be proud of me. Empty
PostSubject: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:16 am

I bought a PSP Go today. Downloaded Chains of Olympus and copied over Final Fantasy VII. The next games I plan on getting are GTA: Vice City Stories and Metal Gear Portable Ops. Movies and TV shows look absolutely great on it too. I never owned a regular UMD PSP, but so far I'm absolutely loving this thing. Any suggestions on lesser known titles? Ya know, stuff that's not Ratchet & Clank or Final Fantasy? And are any of the minis any good?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:58 am

You should try WTF: Work Time Fun and Loco Roco, two great games that were not very well known!
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:11 am

Invincible wrote:
I bought a PSP Go today. Downloaded Chains of Olympus and copied over Final Fantasy VII. The next games I plan on getting are GTA: Vice City Stories and Metal Gear Portable Ops. Movies and TV shows look absolutely great on it too. I never owned a regular UMD PSP, but so far I'm absolutely loving this thing. Any suggestions on lesser known titles? Ya know, stuff that's not Ratchet & Clank or Final Fantasy? And are any of the minis any good?
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, and Valkyria Chronicles 2 I recommend. Now I am not the only one who owns a PSPgo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Kendo wrote:
Invincible wrote:
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, and Valkyria Chronicles 2 I recommend. Now I am not the only one who owns a PSPgo.

Yeah, I don't care what all the haters say. The Go is awesome. Everyone tries to make a big deal that I can't play all the 4-5 year old shitty games that are only on UMD. Almost every game I'm interested in is on the PSN.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:37 pm

Invincible wrote:
Kendo wrote:
Invincible wrote:

Yeah, I don't care what all the haters say. The Go is awesome. Everyone tries to make a big deal that I can't play all the 4-5 year old shitty games that are only on UMD. Almost every game I'm interested in is on the PSN.
That's what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:05 pm

a PSP GO?????? honestly.....im a little dissapointed. in my opinion it was a wast to make it because of the fact you cant use discs. i might be buying a PSP 3000 at some point
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Invincible wrote:

Hahaha!! Yay! Another person converted. Very Happy I already got some people at college interested in psp, all of which bought one. I also got several guys on the internet interested in one.
Now another has joined us, dunno if I had something to do with it or not though lol. Razz

And yes, nice choice of games!
And lesser known titles, I would recommend The Sims 2, Shadow Of Memories, Kenka Bancho and Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix (not lesser known but it's underrappreciated.. its better than the ps2 version imo because of 4 new levels and its also my fav TH game to date). But I have different tate to you probably lol.
Definately check out Syphon Filter if you're into shooters. You may not like the controls though but I think they're fine.
I've played hundreds of psp games so if you want more recommendations, seriously just name a few genres that interest you and I'll list some of the best games and give you some details about them.
As for the minis, some are good like Zombie Tycoon and Freekscape (i think it's just been released) and oh, just check out this useful article by IGN:

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/106/1065291p1.html

Only problem with minis are the pricetags really :/

Last edited by DemonWolf on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:29 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
You should try WTF: Work Time Fun and Loco Roco, two great games that were not very well known!

Lmao wtf is demented. I love the minigame where you're supposed to cut the logs and you may accidentally chop innocent little bunnies in half rofl XD

Loco Roco's good too....for a side scroller :/
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Kendo wrote:
Invincible wrote:

Lunar is the only one of those which is out lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Holy crap I just realised that you have a pspgo and it misses out on a lot of the older psp titles. :S
Well check out Littlebigplanet. That game's amazing.

This is a level I made today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--6PSLyq69g
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:42 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Holy crap I just realised that you have a pspgo and it misses out on a lot of the older psp titles. :S

Yeah, the LBP demo was great. Just as good as the console version far as I can tell.

Whats your opinion on the Pursuit Force games? Those looked pretty cool. And have you played Assassins Creed Bloodlines? Is it just a port of the first one or something new?

Im not worried I cant play every PSP game ever made. Honestly, Im only going to use it when Im out and about or if my girlfriend is hogging the TV. The games on PSN are more then enough to keep me busy.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 7:40 am

Invincible wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Yeah, the LBP demo was great. Just as good as the console version far as I can tell.

Whats your opinion on the Pursuit Force games? Those looked pretty cool. And have you played Assassins Creed Bloodlines? Is it just a port of the first one or something new?

Im not worried I cant play every PSP game ever made. Honestly, Im only going to use it when Im out and about or if my girlfriend is hogging the TV. The games on PSN are more then enough to keep me busy.

Yup only downgrade on LBP compared to ps3 version was no multiplayer and less decent graphics. The gameplay's pretty much intact.

Pursuit Force, very addictive but can get a little repetitive. Fun games for a while though. It's like Just Cause but much more linear. I found the games very fun though. You can drive bikes or boats or cars, jump between them and shoot people & stuff lol it's fun.
The track design's quite diverse and nice too =]

Assassins Creed Bloodlines, believe it or not, I've not played. I didn't want to get it till I'd completed the first..which I've just done a few days ago so I may buy it fairly soon. But what I've heard is that it's a sequel to the first, continues Altair story. He goes to Cyprus.
The gameplay; combat & free running is pretty much the same except there are drawbacks;

The locations are small in comparison with AC1 and there are unclimbable walls seperating the city
The controls aren't very good (the camera controls, the rest are fine)
The story's short
There aren't a lot of people walking around.
No more horse riding.

Other that all of that, apparently the game's very fun. I mean, the critics didn't like it because the gameplay's not a lot different to the first game but psp is a handheld and it's expected that the game's not quite as good lol.
But my friends who have it/played it said it's very good for a handheld game. If you liked the first you most likely will like Bloodlines.
It's the only way to find out what happens to Altair... Smile
demondragondude should be proud of me. Assassins-creed-bloodlines-20090924002121990_640wdemondragondude should be proud of me. Assassins-creed-bloodlines-20090924002123475demondragondude should be proud of me. 55635_AssassinsCreedBloodlines-01_normal
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 7:59 am

To convince you a bit more about ACB and PF

Assassins Creed:
SpazioGames

Great location, good gameplay and very interesting story. Assassin's Creed Bloodlines achieves the goal of reproducing console's style into the PSP. Good visuals, enhanced combat system and new money-system could be what the entire saga needed in order to evolve. Bad A.I. influences some fighting sessions, and the too repetitive mission can slow down the pace. Every PSP owner should at least try this fairly good title.

GamingXP

A great sequel to the first Assassin’s Creed (PS3, X360). If you played it you definitely have to buy this one as well.

Pursuit Force:

Times Online

Even by the high standards already set, Pursuit Force is an astonishing title... The best PSP title yet.

Detroit Free Press

Nearly perfect with its graphics that often look close to cinematic scenes and a whole host of strategies for nailing the bad guys.

Deeko

Everything from the gorgeous graphics, the smooth gameplay and even the well designed in-game GUI signifies everything that could and should be great about PSP games.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:33 pm

Sounds good. I got R&C: Size Matters last night. Already owned it on PS2, but I've heard the PSP version is a lot better. Plus it's got the online multi-player. I probably won't be getting anymore games until next month (theres a ton coming out in May. I'm going to go broke if I don't save up) but these are the ones on my immediate wish list...

Motorstorm: Arctic Edge
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice
Daxter
Little Big Planet
GTA: Vice City Stories
Resistance: Retribution

I didn't really like the Syphon Filter demo even though the graphics were pretty good.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Invincible wrote:
Sounds good. I got R&C: Size Matters last night. Already owned it on PS2, but I've heard the PSP version is a lot better. Plus it's got the online multi-player. I probably won't be getting anymore games until next month (theres a ton coming out in May. I'm going to go broke if I don't save up) but these are the ones on my immediate wish list...

Motorstorm: Arctic Edge
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice
Daxter
Little Big Planet
GTA: Vice City Stories
Resistance: Retribution

I didn't really like the Syphon Filter demo even though the graphics were pretty good.

Oh cool! Razz
Hahaha yeah, psp will empty your wallet XD

And very good list!
All good games. Btw if you like Resistance Retribution, you'll probably love Syphon Filter too but yeah, don't add that to the list otherwise you'll have too many games on your wishlist. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: demondragondude should be proud of me.   demondragondude should be proud of me. Empty

Back to top Go down

demondragondude should be proud of me.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Handhelds-
Jump to: