This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'

Go down 
+11
Pickles
Stoney
Gibbon_Master
ghost23
ZeInFormer
DarkSwarm85
Stigma
Arbiteris
343_Guilty_Spark
lightlamp
daveMastaKill
15 posters
AuthorMessage
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' Empty
PostSubject: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Ouch Shocked

Award-winning sci-fi novelist and lead writer on Crysis 2, Richard Morgan slams the Halo series...

In an exclusive interview with NowGamer, Crysis 2’s lead writer, award-winning science fiction novelist Richard Morgan has called out Halo’s story as “bullshit”.

When quizzed on the inherent problems of bringing out believable character from behind a faceless helmet, he confessed “I don’t like the Halo at all,” lamenting the dialogue he said “The reason that its fiction doesn’t work has nothing to do with the fact that you don’t get to see Master Chief’s face, it’s because of lines like ‘Okay … I’m gonna get up there and kill those guys’,”

“I don't like Halo at all”

But it’s the characters for whom he reserved the most grief. “Halo is full of these bullshit archetypal characters” he said, adding that the series has “no real emotional effect.”

With gusto of that brand, we hope the exceptionally capable author has the script to back it up. Crysis 2 releases worldwide sometime around Christmas this year.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Seams he is on a bashing spree didn't he just bash modern warfare 2 a few days ago? and crysis didn't have that much of a good story and the main character you hardly see at all
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Halo's story isn't bullshit, it's just not written like a book. It's written like a sci-fi action game. He's going to find out that you can't write a script for a game like he writes his novels.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Wow.......
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Crysis has shitty gameplay, who cares what he thinks? LOL! With Crysis it's all about the graphics.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:10 pm

By that logic, the Mario games must all of the sudden suck because the storyline is mostly "Mario beats Bowser, saves princess." End of game.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:39 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Crysis has shitty gameplay, who cares what he thinks? LOL! With Crysis it's all about the graphics.
I totally agree with you. Crysis bored the crap out of me and the only thing I think Crysis has is the graphics. In terms of storyline, Crysis is pretty boring. It just seems very unpolished and not as interesting compared to Halo. I know most FPS/TPS games are obsessed with the whole monster/alien invasion thing, but wow Crysis has like no captivation. It feels like it's there just for the shooting.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:00 am

OK i have a message for that guy.

First make a game that can sell 10 million units. Then get your story expanded into media such as books, anime and other literature.

Then come back and say that its all bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 5:40 am

Yeah this guy is bash all FPS, It was Halo first and now Killzone 2, just curious who he will bash next. My Guess BBC2.

Crysis is just a graphical tech demo and my guess is that Crysis 2 will be the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:46 am

Seriously what a retard, I mean I liked Halos story, it ain't my favorite but it was better then Crysis!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:15 am

OK. So thats Halo 3, Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare 2 and Killzone 2 he and the people at Crytek having been slagging off. I mean who does this stupid fucker think he his!?

Not only his he attacking developers and all the hard work they put into making the damn thing, but fans of said video games.

Fucking jackass.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:11 pm

Well I am not very fond of his stories either. SO BACK OFF! I WILL NOT HAVE IT!
HOMO!
Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' Angry_homo_kid_FFF
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:12 pm

FUCK!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:19 am

Jesus Christ, this guy's such a fuckwit. I'm gonna get Crysis 2 pre-owned now so he doesn't get any of my cash!!
I mean, who is he to bash some of the greatest games of all time? How the hell is he going to benefit from that. Seriously, he's like a fucking emo complaining about everything. What DOES he like?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:23 am

demondragondude wrote:
Jesus Christ, this guy's such a fuckwit. I'm gonna get Crysis 2 pre-owned now so he doesn't get any of my cash!!
I mean, who is he to bash some of the greatest games of all time? How the hell is he going to benefit from that. Seriously, he's like a fucking emo complaining about everything. What DOES he like?!

He likes a game with crappy gameplay and story but good graphics called *cough*Crysis*cough*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:26 am

Considering how Crysis is said to have a bad story and horrible controls, I don't think he has room to talk.

Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:55 pm

demondragondude wrote:
well it's the dude's opinion. Look at Ben Yahtzee. He hates almost every popular game franchise lol.
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:09 pm

why is everyone getting so touchy over this? this isn't helping how people look at this site....

oh well in my opinion i agree with him. i thought crysis had a good story
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:46 am

ZeInFormer wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
well it's the dude's opinion. Look at Ben Yahtzee. He hates almost every popular game franchise lol.

You mean Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw? lol jk. I almost certain he does that for shits and giggles. But anyways there is nothing worst than a developer showing a lack of respect for fellow professionals. Disgusting behaviour.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:11 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

You mean Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw? lol jk. I almost certain he does that for shits and giggles. But anyways there is nothing worst than a developer showing a lack of respect for fellow professionals. Disgusting behaviour.
hes complains on everything but exaggerates it for laughs
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:11 pm

the RPG guy wrote:
why is everyone getting so touchy over this? this isn't helping how people look at this site....

story in crysis was nothing special. He's mad and jealous crysis is not as big as Halo. Also he talks about the chief not talking much yet that is what bungie intended. if he did then it would be stupid and typical like any other game. When he does talk it comes off nice and some lines are epic. Even though halo 2 and 3 aren't as good in story as the original The first one is still part of the story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:18 pm

the RPG guy wrote:

No one appears to be touchy (at least not me). I find it ironic that he criticizes something widely regarded as better then what he makes.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
the RPG guy wrote:

No one appears to be touchy (at least not me). I find it ironic that he criticizes something widely regarded as better then what he makes.

I agree.I dont think anyone is touchy.It's just funny that he bash's something thats known to be alot better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'   Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit' Empty

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 Lead Writer: 'Halo Is Bullshit'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: