This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"

Go down 
+10
DemonWolf
ghost23
Static103
joe11
lightlamp
Stigma
343_Guilty_Spark
Arbiteris
daveMastaKill
Stoney
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" Empty
PostSubject: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:16 am

These guys are'nt doing themselves any favours recently amongst the console gaming community.

If thats how they feel about console gamers and there recent outbursts against primarily console developers Naughty Dog, Bungie, Infinity Ward and Guerilla Games why dont they fuck off back to PC only developement.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=18727

Cervat Yerli, CEO of Crytek, has told OXM that console gamers 'don't respect development'.

Talking at the Crysis 2 premiere in New York, Cervat Yerli illustrated the difference between PC gamers and console gamers with the following example:

"I simplified it for our guys by saying there is one difference between the PC gamer and console gamer. I said the single most important difference is a PC gamer forgives you for about a minute. A console gamer gives you two seconds. It sucks or it fails and you're either the top or a flop. They don't respect any value you put into your development, either it works or it doesn't work."

He goes on to explain how this pressure has ultimately made Crysis 2 a better game - look out for the full interview on OXM soon. Do you agree with him?

Last edited by xSTONEYx187x on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:30 am

Well that's because most of PC gamers don't spend 60 dollars on a game. They just download it from the internet. If i don't spend no money i could give a fuck if it is a good or bad game...
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:07 pm

He shouldnt speak in general.I am a console gamer but I dont think even close like he said
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:35 pm

It's true that console gamers expect a game they spend their hard earned money on to be worth that money. What's not true is PC gamers are less strict about it. If reviews of a PC game are less than stellar PC gamers just download it off a torrent site and if they don't like it they didn't pay any money for it and they don't complain. Console gamers generally don't rip off and pirate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:38 pm

PC gamers are generally a bunch of whiny bitches who just pirate everything.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:04 pm

First they criticise our games then say we dont respect them wtf???
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:40 pm

they been saying killzone, mw2 and halo are shit wat gives them the right to say that
Back to top Go down
Static103
Static103

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:53 pm

i agree with what he said
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:43 am

wow Crytek are really hypocrites. They take Crysis to to 360/ps3 because their beloved PC Gaming is failing them. Now they intent to just bash the shit out of console gamers and developers. That is the weirdest shittest business tactic ever.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 8:24 am

Oh I honestly don't see what the big deal is. I don't care what developers & teams behind games say. I just want them to make games I want to play and that's all what matters to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 8:56 am

The fact that Cervat Yerli (CEO of Crytek) starts bashing on Uncharted 2. And then the the lead writer Richard Morgan starts bashing on Halo 3, Killzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 is a big deal.

The hardcore fans of said game series wont purchase Crysis 2 just in spite of there arrogance and disrespect for fellow developers.
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:53 am

the only company i have no respect for is south peak games. they make garbage like two world, x-blades, and section 8. but its funny i heard they are putting Crysis 2 on consoles cause they didnt make enough money on the pc. but its funny how they talk shit about console gamers before they release this game. only 1 trailer i have seen and it looks good. but if they want to talk shit ill just pass on this game. its just that easy.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:01 am

gamer4life wrote:
the only company i have no respect for is south peak games. they make garbage like two world, x-blades, and section 8. but its funny i heard they are putting Crysis 2 on consoles cause they didnt make enough money on the pc. but its funny how they talk shit about console gamers before they release this game. only 1 trailer i have seen and it looks good. but if they want to talk shit ill just pass on this game. its just that easy.

Exactly. I was considering buying the game but now Im just going to rent it in spite of those arrogant pricks.
Back to top Go down
iTwoPiece
Seaman Recruit
iTwoPiece

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:21 am

IMO PC gamers are a bunch of gamers who think their better.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:27 am

Honestly,I find PC gamers too be the worst.

They are fricken annoying on youtube and can be alot more annoying then a PS3 fanboy
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 6:30 pm

HellJumper wrote:

They are fricken annoying on youtube and can be alot more annoying then a PS3 fanboy
QFT. They are all graphics whores who think that they are so good because they are running multiplat games at a slightly higher resolution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:50 pm

ghost23 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

QFT. They are all graphics whores who think that they are so good because they are running multiplat games at a slightly higher resolution.

YES! I mean graphics are good, but I will take gameplay over grapics anyday. *cough* Crysis *cough*
But seriously, they also act like they have the best and stuff, but I prefer a console over PC, even with the PC's capabilities.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:40 am

These devs talk about us not respecting game development when Crytek themselves dont respect AAA game's development.They have bashed many AAA games so far,despite how much work and time the devs put into it
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:18 pm

maybe they shuld focus more on their game instead of bashing everyone else games
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:25 pm

Heh, like these guys even know how to make a AAA game.

They are just mad because their beloved PC community pirates their games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"   Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development" Empty

Back to top Go down

Crytek CEO-"Console gamers dont respect development"
Page 1 of 1