This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

having a fair say.

Go down 
+4
Blixtstorm
ghost23
343_Guilty_Spark
handkerchief
8 posters
AuthorMessage
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:04 pm

if you guys are going to lock a topic then you shouldnt be able to comment that means the mods shouldnt be able to. if you are going to say something about wwhat ive said then i should be able to say something back. i see all the time you say something on a heated topic then lock it.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:12 pm

If you're talking about the political thread in the "Everything else" section, I locked the topic after Master Chiefs reply. Unfortunately I can't stop other mods from replying. You'll notice that I, the locker, haven't replied since the locking. It's possible that the mods who replied after the locking didn't notice it was locked. The system treats quoting the same as if it's not locked for mods.

I locked the thread becuase it was turning ugly and I'm not going to unlock it. You're just going to have to let it go. I might even delete it if other mods keep reeling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
handkerchief

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:25 pm

yeah thats cool but when a topic is locked and people still comment after its locked
Back to top Go down
ghost23

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:49 pm

What happened was Guilty Sparked locked the topic while I was making a reply in the thread. I didn't know it was locked because I was still typing. I will delete my post if you wish.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Most people think this is a democracy.. That isn't the case.. This is called a Dictatorship Razz

No, but I agree
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:08 pm

The whole point of locking a topic is to close a conversation to stop it from getting out of hand or to end it if it already has. If everyone got to have their last "fair say" it would never end. There are comments I'd like to have a further "say" about, but felt it best to lock it rather than attribute to an escalating argument.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Once me and HellJumper were having some discussion on the War on Iraq, Guilty Locked it, yet Helljumper AND Guilty still continued for some time.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Would it be ironic if this thread got locked? Question
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:29 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
The whole point of locking a topic is to close a conversation to stop it from getting out of hand or to end it if it already has. If everyone got to have their last "fair say" it would never end. There are comments I'd like to have a further "say" about, but felt it best to lock it rather than attribute to an escalating argument.

ok i do get what you are saying just it made out that i was saying that all americans are dumb which wasnt the case because i dont think that, i didnt say that and people were saying ironic which was the biggest irony there.

i dont want people on this forum thinking that i look at americans and think they are dumb. that is all.

do you think it would be better if you deleted topics insted of just locking or changing the title to topic locked so everyone knows its locked including the mods?
Back to top Go down

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:40 pm

matrixrory wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

ok i do get what you are saying just it made out that i was saying that all americans are dumb which wasnt the case because i dont think that, i didnt say that and people were saying ironic which was the biggest irony there.

i dont want people on this forum thinking that i look at americans and think they are dumb. that is all.

do you think it would be better if you deleted topics insted of just locking or changing the title to topic locked so everyone knows its locked including the mods?

Thanks for clearing that up.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 pm

I didn't want to delete the topic becuase I didn't want anyone asking "Who deleted it?". I usually only delete topics if they break rules or are redundant. But it's a good idea to add LOCKED to the title. I'll try to remember to do that from now on.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:07 am

Is it really that big of a deal?

95% of the time a mod or two will comment like once or twice after the thread is locked.I dont see how that is such a bad thing.

But us mods will try to remember not to post after if ya like.But tbh,im sure alot of us will forget about this complaint in a month.
Back to top Go down

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 9:00 pm

I think the whole locking the topics thing is stupid unless it breaks the sites rules, if it does break the rules then yes lock it. But nothing wrong with letting people discuss issues unless it gets REALLY REALLY out of hand. But I never saw this thread so idk how bad it was.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:06 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Would it be ironic if this thread got locked? Question

Only if some mods carried on posting on it Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
handkerchief

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 4:53 am

wow. you are famous for bringing up old topics. i thought this one got deleted
Back to top Go down

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:25 am

Thread Dead Redemption! lol see what I did there? lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

having a fair say. Empty
PostSubject: Re: having a fair say.   having a fair say. Empty

Back to top Go down

having a fair say.
Page 1 of 1