This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo Reach Editions

Go down 
+13
Xmarksthespot
ZeInFormer
santosj95
Arbiteris
Madtoker
micheal82
gamer4life
343_Guilty_Spark
Noelol
Spartan v07
Bluenose
lightlamp
ghost23
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:45 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Legendary edition for me

BTW,the legendary was meant for hardcore halo fans,if you dont like the price,then dont buy it.They arent forcing you

Exactly. A real Halo fan would buy the legendary edition for the final Bungie product.

No because i am a huge Halo fan and i will buy the regular edition. As long as you get the game you are still a fan. I don't want that statue because i don't care about the 5 person team at all,only Master chief. They look generic compared to Master chief,also it's one of the worst editions in a long time,no videos or art books,interviews,etc. btw this isn't bungies last Halo game,they lie all the time. They said Halo 3 was the last and then they said odst was the last too. They will be back for Halo 4 but for next gen. You really think they will just abandon their fanbase?

I think I should rephrase. This is meant for the most hardcore Halo fans.
But anyway, Bungie have said countless times that Reach is their last Halo game for the foreseeable future at least. They have said that they are working on a new IP and whether or not Bungie comes back for another round of Halo depends on the success of that new IP. 343 Industries in now taking over everything Halo after Reach is released.

Reach is not bungie's last Halo game.It's their last Halo game for this generation. I know they are working on a new ip but you are putting words in Bungie's mouth right now. Bungie never said the new ip will determine if they will continue to make Halo games. Also 343 is not taking over everything Halo after reach. You think that will fly by with fans,that a fake company is making a Halo game after reach? Well maybe if it's a spinoff they won't . 343 is mainly for other halo stuff like merchandise or things like Halo waypoint,toys,etc. Next generation will see the return of Bungie with Halo 4 on the next xbox. Companies can focus/develop more than one ip you know,just look at insomniac,Rare,etc

343 is no fake company. They have some of the key people from Bungie who worked on the previous Halo's. Everything that they have done so far, Halo Legends, Halo Waypoint, the books have all been very high quality. Speaking as a Halo fan since Halo CE, I would say that i feel very safe with 343 taking control of Halo and a lot of Halo fans would also agree with me.

Like I said, Reach is the last Bungie Halo game for the foreseeable future, and the fact that their return to Halo does greatly depend on the success of their new IP. If it is extremely successful, they will stick to that for a while, if it is not successful, they will consider returning to Halo. I'm fairly certain that Bungie would much rather develop one game at a time as that leads to better quality as the team is just focusing on one product.

I am very sure bungie fans will be mad,just look at the boards and their site,how much they love Bungie and halo. Anyways i already know reach is their last halo game for a long time and this gen. Also how do you know that they will stick with their new ip if it is successful? I know focusing on one product is better for quality but what i mean is not developing 2 games simultaneously. I mean they develop a game taking turns like they can make the new ip and then they can make Halo 4,then sequel to new ip,etc. By the way lets be real here,there is no way in hell that their new ip will even remotely be as big and successful as Halo. There is a very small chance. Just because it's bungie doesn't mean anything they make will sell.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:55 pm

[quote="Spartan v07"
Also how do you know that they will stick with their new ip if it is successful? I know focusing on one product is better for quality but what i mean is not developing 2 games simultaneously. I mean they develop a game taking turns like they can make the new ip and then they can make Halo 4,then sequel to new ip,etc. By the way lets be real here,there is no way in hell that their new ip will even remotely be as big and successful as Halo. There is a very small chance. Just because it's bungie doesn't mean anything they make will sell.[/quote]

It's common sense. If their new IP is successful, they stick with it and continue working on it, if its unsuccessful, they go back to the drawing board and see what made Halo a success or start work on Halo again.
Also why do people insist that there is going to be Halo 4? Bungie have said again and again that its a trilogy and I'm pretty sure that they will stand by it. The next Halo game will be called something else just not Halo 4.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:13 pm

Quote :
It's common sense. If their new IP is successful, they stick with it and continue working on it, if its unsuccessful, they go back to the drawing board and see what made Halo a success or start work on Halo again.
Also why do people insist that there is going to be Halo 4? Bungie have said again and again that its a trilogy and I'm pretty sure that they will stand by it. The next Halo game will be called something else just not Halo 4.

If the new ip succeeds i know they will work on it but they will also make Halo games too. My point is they can work on more than one project. You really think a developer just focuses on one ip and ignore their others? For example they won't ignore their new ip down the line for another new ip,etc. There is obviously going to be a Halo 4. Bungie has to lie to create hype whenever they do reveal Halo 4. This is an industry thing,not even just gaming industry either. Remember Halo 3 was the last part of that particular story,frank o conor said it if you listen carefully. You can just start a new trilogy with Halo 4. It will be called Halo 4 for sure because the casuals will recognize it easily and it makes sense. If they are continuing Master cheifs story then why not call it Halo 4?
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:57 pm

lol halo fight
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:11 am

I'm going Limited. Legendary doesn't really interest me that much.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:35 pm

spartan,343 industries is led by a huge ex-bungie member.so far,the fans are loving 343. legendary edition is meant for HARDCORE halo fans.but that doesnt mean hardcore fans have to buy it(though most do,including me)
Back to top Go down
Xmarksthespot
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xmarksthespot

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Im getting Legendary. TO good to pass up. I feel like i might regretting not getting later after seeing others with flaming helmets.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:26 pm

i want legendary Sad maybe ill sell my ps3! Laughing
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:27 pm

seriously though im prolly getting limited
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:46 pm

regular ftw!!!!
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Just give me the $59.99 Sealed Copy & I'm good.....I bought Halo 3 Legendary for $129.99 and I sold everything except Halo 3 Game Disc for $25.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:50 am

Legendary. That flaming head just looks too badass to pass up.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:46 pm

ghost23 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Legendary edition for me

BTW,the legendary was meant for hardcore halo fans,if you dont like the price,then dont buy it.They arent forcing you

Exactly. A real Halo fan would buy the legendary edition for the final Bungie product.

Yea but any person with common sense will not spend that much more for one game. There is nothing the legendary includes that is even worth more than a 100 bucks, let alone 150 dollars (50 dollars less than buying an arcade Xbox 360!, wtf).

I'll buy the limited edition, MAYBE. I'm kind of mad that I rebought ODST just to play the beta only for 2 weeks. Good thing I can return it.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:31 am

Alan1994 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Legendary edition for me

Yea but any person with common sense will not spend that much more for one game. There is nothing the legendary includes that is even worth more than a 100 bucks, let alone 150 dollars (50 dollars less than buying an arcade Xbox 360!, wtf).

I'll buy the limited edition, MAYBE. I'm kind of mad that I rebought ODST just to play the beta only for 2 weeks. Good thing I can return it.

You should do what I do. I mostly buy used to save money, but regardless of if I buy new or not I don't trade anything in. I still games from the 8bit generation and beyond. It's a collection, a library of gaming goodness. I bought ODST, I still had it for the beta, and I'll have it 20 years from now.

Why would you get rid of a perfectly good game. You might want to replay it, even just for nostalgic purposes 5 or 10 years from now.

BTW, I'm getting the Legendary Edition, but I'll probably get the limited edition first and wait for the legendary edition to drop in price like Halo 3's did. When that happens I'll sell the limited edition since it's the same as the one in the Legendary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Editions   Halo Reach Editions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Reach Editions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2