This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's!

Go down 
+2
LightyKD
DuDZZ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's! Empty
PostSubject: Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's!   Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's! Thumb160x_brick

The Nintendo support forums and our tips email alike are packed with reports that Wii system update 4.2 is doing horrible things to Wii consoles, and not just the modded ones.

A quick scan of the Nintendo tech support forum tells the tale of a system update gone slightly awry. The update is freezing halfway through. The update is giving system errors informing customers that their Wii has been modified and then failing to start. There are even reports of random disk read errors following the update. While some of the problems can be attributed to modified systems, customers are reporting issues with units right out of the box.

Kotakuite Crazy Weavile submitted a possible explanation for the problems on the Nintendo forums, suggesting that the latest update irresponsibly updated the system's bootloader, only to find himself banned shortly thereafter.

While no help is on the horizon for modded console owners, Nintendo tech Jane posted a message in the forums yesterday instructing owners of unmodded Wiis to send their units in for a free repair.

Some of you have reported problems with your Wii console after updating to the Wii System Menu 4.2. The symptoms most people are describing usually occur when the Wii has been modified. However, some of you also mention your system has never been modified.

We'd like to help get your system working properly again. If you're experiencing problems with your Wii console after downloading Wii System Menu 4.2, and you believe your system has not been modified, please give us a call. If we find that you have a normal system and the update caused your system to not work, we'll repair it at no charge.

Please call our Customer Service Department at your earliest convenience, 1-800-255-3700. We are open 6 AM to 7 PM, Pacific Time, 7 days a week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
LightyKD
Seaman Recruit
LightyKD

PostSubject: Re: Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's!   Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 8:17 pm

This is just Nintendo's lame excuse at fighting piracy! Nothing special here but the main issue is that Nintendo decided to play around with the "Boot 2" file. If I'm correct, word on the interwebs says that Microsoft tried something like this a while back in a old update. Microsoft learned their lesson. I just hope (especially since I'm a Ninty fanboy) Nintendo learns their lesson. Anywho, I just wanted to give you all some insight on what is bricking all of these Wii consoles. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://lightykd.blogspot.com
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's!   Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

And Microsoft is the only one who makes mistakes?!
Back to top Go down
LightyKD
Seaman Recruit
LightyKD

PostSubject: Re: Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's!   Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 8:53 pm

Zombl337 wrote:

Not at all! Nintendo has made MANY mistakes in the past and this one is a total EPIC FAIL of an update. Hell the only thing they could do to bait us (Wii owners) to even think about updating was the new Shop Channel and if you're a Wii modder like me, that problem was easily fixed. As for the Xbox update thing, that was more like me making an inquiry. Like I said, it doesnt matter what platform you are on, messing with the boot file is a giant NO NO.
Back to top Go down
http://lightykd.blogspot.com
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's!   Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:38 am

Zombl337 wrote:

Nintendo is probably the first console maker to have bigger problems, when Atari was in the game, they never broke. I can still play on my fathers 2600 wich is over 25 years old. the original SNES (Supernintendo) had very many faults, such as reading error.

Playstation 2 also had errors, destroying games was one of them...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
360WNED
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's!   Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 1:40 pm

Wow... I wonder what they are going to call their phenomenon?
"Wiinerd"... Nah I'm sure they'll come up with something a little more clever lol.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's!   Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 6:50 pm

It happens to the best of 'em.
Back to top Go down
RavingEagle730
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
RavingEagle730

PostSubject: Re: Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's!   Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 2:22 pm

Wow .... And People say Microsoft Fail,I have a Wii,and my Drums Tutor's Wii broke,He got SSBB,Put it in,And a BIG ASS ERROR Came up and Disallowed him playing Games,Not only him though,People on Nintendo Forums and also 4 Of my Friends had the Problem,The Update Error and My HDD Was Corrupt when I got my Wii,I took it back they Upgraded it,Nintendo DS Would freeze when you tried to Play Pokemon too,and NES And SNES Had MORE Problems than Xbox

Although,Nintendo Make really Good stuff ... Xbox LACKS In Problems compared to Wii

Although,Playstation 3 has had MORE Problems than Xbox,My Uncle's Have went through 4 Playstation 3's,One Uncle's Playstation 3's HDD Corrupted,My other Uncles Blu-ray broke
2nd) One of my Uncles Playstation 3's got YLOD,The others Power Supply failed,
3rd) BOTH Wouldn't Sign Up for PSN

I've only had 1 Xbox (I have 2 Though) And The 1st one Works PERFECTLY,Only,The Disc Drive broke,And it's a 2006 Model,The 2nd Is a Jasper with a TINY Fault of Freezing on Certain games like that Piece of Shit Sonic The Hedgehog and Call Of Duty,My worst Games anyway
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/ChriyR
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's!   Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ouch... Wii update Killing Wii's!
Page 1 of 1