This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

online gaming is controlling gaming too much

Go down 
+13
Madtoker
Arbiteris
Mr. Project Natal
Zombl337
Ozsem
DarkSwarm85
Blixtstorm
Stigma
ghost23
Pein
arnt god of war
343_Guilty_Spark
joe11
17 posters
AuthorMessage
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

online gaming is controlling gaming too much Empty
PostSubject: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:46 pm

In my opinion I believe online gaming is taking control of gaming too much. I remember when games were more about story, but now devoplers forgot about a quality story line and just force on gameplay and online too much. whats your take on it
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:00 pm

I totally agree. I would never buy a multiplayer-only game and I don't factor multiplayer modes into my decision to purchase games. Bungie acts like the campaign is a snack and the main course is the multiplayer. Bullshit! It's the story, characters, and adventure of the campaign that gets me to look forward to playing Halo: Reach. Multiplayer should just be an extra, not the focus.

Online jocks are ruining gaming. IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:04 pm

good developers balance both
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:07 pm

i agree completely..and welcome back joe..i guess? because i havent seen you in awhile so yeah
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:18 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
i agree completely..and welcome back joe..i guess? because i havent seen you in awhile so yeah
yea i been in mw2 crazy, but i started to slow down and i had ELA. AND ALOT OF TESTS
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:21 pm

Its basically the longevity factor. You can only play single play a certain number of times before putting the game away or trading it in. Developers want you to keep coming back to the game and to keep on playing, thats why they try to build a good multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:06 pm

I detest online gaming now. After about 3 months or so the online of a game becomes garbage. I think it's cause all the dedicated fans get the game when it launches, and steadily the casuals begin buying the game and take over it. Look at MW2 and Halo 3. Amazing online when they came out. Then came the flood of casual and the flood of camping and other cheap tactics. And they become garbage.

Halo 3 and MW2 online are only good in private matches now.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:08 pm

And I forgot to say it. This is why I like RPGs so much. Although some games like racing and RTS ones need an online mode. It's all about the gameplay (can't really pull a storyline very well, especially the racers) for them, it almost seems mandatory for them.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:10 pm

One thing i miss in battlefield bad company 2 is a private matches with 1-2 players.....

Its bad that you need 8people to make a private race....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:04 pm

I agree. There are very few developers who treat MP as a side thing and they treat it as the main attraction. That is why I like developers like Insomniac who make an amazing campaign and the MP is a side thing.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Campaign > Multiplayer
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:56 am

joe11 wrote:
In my opinion I believe online gaming is taking control of gaming too much. I remember when games were more about story, but now devoplers forgot about a quality story line and just force on gameplay and online too much. whats your take on it

Theres still one or two games out there what are just about story but now its about the online gaming. I think the reason is that more people nowadays like to be more social and enjoy experiences with other people. There loads social stuff what exist like Facebook, Skype Myspace, MSN and more, that seem to be getting used more than other stuff in the past.

The Internet is the main influence in this.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Storyline is for movies, I want ACTION in games....and if you still want story, get an RPG.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:52 am

joe11 wrote:

XD ya, PS2 games were all story and fun. MW2 and these new wargames are 24 hours or less of campaign and FULLY BUILT for online. But war games should have a major online. (Don't forget that game designing with all the special effects is NOT easy. And disks have a limited amount of space.)
GTA has always had a long storyline as well as Saints Row.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:54 am

I perfectly agree
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:55 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Campaign > Multiplayer
online is what makes me play every day while campaign only made me play every once in a while. A good, long story is needed but without online, a game becomes worthless. (Like assassins creed. It got old but the campaign was great.)
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:03 pm

i hate bfbc2 because of its shitty 5 hr campaign
if its 5 hrs long, it should atleast be an epic 5 hrs like mw2's singleplayer
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:45 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
I totally agree. I would never buy a multiplayer-only game and I don't factor multiplayer modes into my decision to purchase games. Bungie acts like the campaign is a snack and the main course is the multiplayer. Bullshit! It's the story, characters, and adventure of the campaign that gets me to look forward to playing Halo: Reach. Multiplayer should just be an extra, not the focus.

Online jocks are ruining gaming. IMO.

The campaigns are always a great experience but it's the mutliplayer that increases a games longevity. Halo 3 lasted me almost 3 years before I got bored of it. If Halo 3 didn't have multiplayer I probably would have played it for about a week or 2 and traded it in.
Back to top Go down
Sonji
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Madtoker wrote:

Lol.. Really? I thought the MW2 Singleplayer was a piece of shit. The game is all multiplayer no single-player.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:59 pm

joe11 wrote:
I Totally agree with you. In fact I never buy online only games with the exception of BF 1943 that I bought on Live. But normally no campaign means no buy for me.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:18 am

Madtoker wrote:
Well, if we were to compare online, MW2 has shitty campers in every window with nube-tubes and knifing upgrades in a small map and BC2 online has campers that can NOT control the game unless they have a team that are very skilled at sniping and tanks that eliminate campers with long online matches. BC2 wins in online. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Andyjack7
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Andyjack7

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:43 am

Mr. Project Natal wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Campaign > Multiplayer
online is what makes me play every day while campaign only made me play every once in a while. A good, long story is needed but without online, a game becomes worthless. (Like assassins creed. It got old but the campaign was great.)

I agree. AC2 Was Great, But only untill it was over. And then it was over. For instance, MW2 Will live on past the short story, too the while blue greatness of online. Online changes the experience, no multiplayer game is ever the same. The campaign remains the same though. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingfreeks.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: online gaming is controlling gaming too much   online gaming is controlling gaming too much Empty

Back to top Go down

online gaming is controlling gaming too much
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: