This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking) Empty
PostSubject: How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking)   How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:20 pm

Your NAT is used in Matchmaking, when open you can connect to anyone's party with no complications and (I think) you get a faster/better connection. What I am getting at is that it is very good to have it open.

Step 1-Start up your 360 and go to the network settings and find your IP address and your gateway. Write then down since you will need them later. Make sure you are getting your IP address from your xbox since the IP on your xbox is different then the one on your computer.

Example (Note that a real IP address and gateway are NOT all zeroes)
IP address- 000.000.0.000
Gateway- 000.000.0.0

Step 2-Enter your IP Gateway into your URL. Like so.
How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking) Part_310

Step 3-When you enter it and try to go to it you will get this window below. The user name is WRT54G, and the password is Admin. If that does not work then put in no user name and only the password, which is Admin.
How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking) Part_410

Step 4- When at the site, click "applications and gaming".
How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking) Part_510

Step 5-Enter the information like this and click "save settings"
How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking) Part_610

Now that your NAT is open, enjoy faster matchmaking, if you were confused or unable to open it with this method, just say so and I will attempt to help out.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking)   How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Cool nice one. Unfortunately nothing I do will work because the site of my service provider thingy (when you type in your ip onto the web browser) is different and there are quite a few different options and I don't quite know what to do lol.

But I don't mind at the moment because I'm on silver but I swear, when I next buy Gold I will open my nat first thing!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
IcyMeteor
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
IcyMeteor

PostSubject: Re: How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking)   How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:23 pm

just did it and it does work
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking)   How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking) EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:46 pm

Yea some routers need Xbox data routed directly to it.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking)   How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking) EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:19 am

Does this help with lag issues?
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking)   How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking) EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:30 am

OR go to the dash system settings then network settings then test xbox live connection. for some reason as soon as i did this my NAT went straight to open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking)   How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking) Empty

Back to top Go down

How to open your NAT (faster matchmaking)
Page 1 of 1