This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is it good for games to be rare?

Go down 
+4
343_Guilty_Spark
Invincible
DarkSwarm85
Stigma
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Is it good for games to be rare? Empty
PostSubject: Is it good for games to be rare?   Is it good for games to be rare? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:52 pm

You know what I mean, those games that barely have any copies made.

Afrika
The World End's With You
Magna Carta
Zone of the Enders
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (Lucifer's Call)
A few others...
I mean, what's the point? And some of these are considered some of the best games ever...
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Is it good for games to be rare?   Is it good for games to be rare? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:13 pm

On ebay they sell MGS: The Twin Snakes (sealed copies) for over $200!
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Is it good for games to be rare?   Is it good for games to be rare? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Fuck no it's not a good thing. At least for people who want to play it without paying a high price. I guess it's good for someone who already owns a copy and wants to sell it.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Is it good for games to be rare?   Is it good for games to be rare? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:24 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:

I loved that game. To this day I'm kicking myself for trading it in at blockbuster for practically nothing.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Is it good for games to be rare?   Is it good for games to be rare? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:49 pm

The best game of all time is Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Sega Saturn. Sadly less than 30,000 were releases in the US in English. It's not rare in Japan, but since it's an RPG the language barrier makes the Japanese version worthless to English only speakers. It's probably even rarer in Europe.

Tragically the Saturn was ignored by Playstation fans who perpetrated the lie that the Saturn was a shit console when in fact it had several performance advantages of the original Playstation. While the Playstation became "cool" the Saturn fell into undeserved obscurity and Panzer Dragoon Saga was released in limited supply to those of us looking forward to it just before the Saturn died unfairly.

Even more tragic, the source code for Panzer Dragoon Saga was lost when an accident at Sega ruined data storage. The Sega Saturn is so difficult to emulate that it's unlikely the game will be re-released and emulated like on the Wii Virtual Console or XBLA. It's also unlikely that such an obscure game, even though legendary, would be remade, from the ground up, now that Sega has basically left the past behind and makes good profit off new franchises.

You can still find Panzer Dragoon on ebay for $200 to $300 USD. It is worth the money if you can enjoy early 32bit 3D graphics. It's battle system is still the best and most fun of any JRPG ever made. Although it is relatively short for a RPG the experience is unforgettable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Is it good for games to be rare?   Is it good for games to be rare? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:56 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
really?, you can buy it on Amazon,com new for $84 or Amazon.co.uk for £302 tongue

apparently a lot of Gamecube games were produced in small quantities, including Twin Snakes, why it's so expensive I guess
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Is it good for games to be rare?   Is it good for games to be rare? EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:57 am

hell yea u can sell them later 4 lots of money $$$$$
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Is it good for games to be rare?   Is it good for games to be rare? EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:09 am

andes755 wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:
really?, you can buy it on Amazon,com new for $84 or Amazon.co.uk for £302 tongue

apparently a lot of Gamecube games were produced in small quantities, including Twin Snakes, why it's so expensive I guess

Oui. LOZ Twilight Princess is up to around £50

And same with one of my fav games of all time, Little Big Adventure 2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Is it good for games to be rare?   Is it good for games to be rare? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:21 pm

No its not. Because if they are rare I can barely find a copy of it. Such as Valkyria Chronicles. It took me two years to find it, they had a copy at Gamestop.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Is it good for games to be rare?   Is it good for games to be rare? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Dude, even the StarCraft 2 beta codes have gone up for sale on ebay. Some over $100. Just for a beta code!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it good for games to be rare?   Is it good for games to be rare? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it good for games to be rare?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Other Gaming (General Talk)-
Jump to: