This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oblivion Questions :P

Go down 
+2
santosj95
DemonWolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Oblivion Questions :P Empty
PostSubject: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:14 am

Okay, I've recently got really addicted to Elder Scrolls: IV Oblivion!!! Very Happy
Fooking awesome game.
But I have a question, When I kill someone, how can I stop the bloody guards from finding out?! It's so annoying, every single time I kill one person, a second later they're already there telling me to either pay or go to jail or something like that.

Also, I got really creeped out because a while ago I killed Baenlin and kept his house. Recently I went into it and got such a shock when there was someone in it. lol it turned out he was called Caenlin or something and was his Nephew... I believe?
Either way, I killed him as soon as I got in XD He scared the crap out of me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptyMon May 10, 2010 4:19 pm

First of all, the game is incredibly glitchy at certain points, as you must have found out already(even thought it's an awesome game), so sometimes the guards will find out when they are not supposed to and vice-versa.

Usually, you have to be in a position where the victim can´t see you before you take his or her life. Sneak, see if the reticle is invisible, then do it. If you just march into combat, they will see you striking them, that alone is enough for the guards to know about it.

Of course, this is regarding killing innocent people with no context whatsoever, because during a quest of some sort, certain of these rules might not apply.

Hope this helped you, sorry for the long text.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:12 pm

santosj95 wrote:
First of all, the game is incredibly glitchy at certain points, as you must have found out already(even thought it's an awesome game), so sometimes the guards will find out when they are not supposed to and vice-versa.

Usually, you have to be in a position where the victim can´t see you before you take his or her life. Sneak, see if the reticle is invisible, then do it. If you just march into combat, they will see you striking them, that alone is enough for the guards to know about it.

Of course, this is regarding killing innocent people with no context whatsoever, because during a quest of some sort, certain of these rules might not apply.

Hope this helped you, sorry for the long text.

Cool, that's really helpful. Cheers man. Smile

Also, you'll be hitting 20,000 gamerscore soon :O Good luck with that!! And congrats lol
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:53 pm

Kill the guards...?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Learn a frenzy spell
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptySat May 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Kill the guards...?

Errm.... and get a bounty on my head and then have guards attack me no matter what city I go to.
Nope, not the most wise thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptySat May 15, 2010 7:07 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
Kill the guards...?

Errm.... and get a bounty on my head and then have guards attack me no matter what city I go to.
Nope, not the most wise thing to do.

Kill all the guards....?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:45 pm

Chuck Norris trained the guards, there is nothing you can do about it Razz
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:08 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ROFL!!
if thats true,why they cant beat the little gremlins near the oblivion gates?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:53 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ROFL!!

LOL, Jubjub I think he's got you there Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 11:23 pm

demondragondude wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ROFL!!

LOL, Jubjub I think he's got you there Razz

Chuck Norris trained the gremlin things, even more than the guards Very Happy checkmate haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 11:25 pm

I am right with ya there DDD, I just got the game yesterday and I am already hooked Very Happy this game is great! But I accidently took something off the shelf in that book store in Imperial City, and the guards still knew even though the store keeper wasnt even there. Same with killing people though, this one guy just wouldnt shut up (lol) so I slashed him in the face, in a basement of a building and the guards still knew. I mean WTF lol. But the games awesomeness just covers this problem up.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:20 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I am right with ya there DDD, I just got the game yesterday and I am already hooked Very Happy this game is great! But I accidently took something off the shelf in that book store in Imperial City, and the guards still knew even though the store keeper wasnt even there. Same with killing people though, this one guy just wouldnt shut up (lol) so I slashed him in the face, in a basement of a building and the guards still knew. I mean WTF lol. But the games awesomeness just covers this problem up.

Nice! Razz

Lmao yeah guards know everything!! I think the only time they don't know that you've killed someone or stolen something is if you are crouching and you only do it at night when the shop/house is closed/locked.

Btw there's a good cheat.

In your inventory, if you have multiple copies of the same spell and there's an object you want to duplicate, select the spell with A and hold onto A (don't let go of it), then find the object you want to duplicate, still holding A, press X and that will duplicate it. The more of one spell you have, the more stuff you duplicate! Very Happy

'tis epic! You can then sell them and make loooads of cash.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:41 am

Hehehe Anyone like hitting the annoying fan off of dive rock?Good times
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 12:04 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Nice! Razz

Lmao yeah guards know everything!! I think the only time they don't know that you've killed someone or stolen something is if you are crouching and you only do it at night when the shop/house is closed/locked.

In your inventory, if you have multiple copies of the same spell and there's an object you want to duplicate, select the spell with A and hold onto A (don't let go of it), then find the object you want to duplicate, still holding A, press X and that will duplicate it. The more of one spell you have, the more stuff you duplicate! Very Happy

Smile

HOLY CRAP! Im gonna do that thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 12:47 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Nice! Razz

Smile

HOLY CRAP! Im gonna do that thanks Very Happy

Haha yea,ive done this many times.It works great
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:37 pm

I got bit by a vampire Sad lol now I gotta do a whole new quest, gay
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 6:47 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Actually,being a vampire makes you pretty darn powerful. If you can deal with not playing under sunlight, you get a stronger character.
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 6:48 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Actually,being a vampire makes you pretty darn powerful. If you can deal with not playing under sunlight, you get a stronger character.

And since I'm in this thread, I ask a question of my own:

Does anyone know how to charge the stones? So that later you can recharge our magical items?

I read a bit about it but I did'nt really understand shit...

Last edited by santosj95 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

santosj95 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Id rather be able to play in sunlight.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:52 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
santosj95 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Hahah I know what you mean. I really wanted to be a vampire but then....The first time I got burned I thought "f*** it, I wanna be human again".

The mission to become a vampire again took a while but it was a relief at the end of it. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:49 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
santosj95 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Hahah I know what you mean. I really wanted to be a vampire but then....The first time I got burned I thought "f*** it, I wanna be human again".

The mission to become a vampire again took a while but it was a relief at the end of it. Smile

Yeah it was. But one of the DLC houses, the pirate ship one I think, has a fountain were it cures and thing like that, including vampirism. I really wanted it but I got the castle instead Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion Questions :P   Oblivion Questions :P Empty

Back to top Go down

Oblivion Questions :P
Page 1 of 1