This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?

Go down 
+6
Zombl337
GrantedAccess
Noelol
ZeInFormer
joe11
game0reviews
10 posters
AuthorMessage
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? Empty
PostSubject: Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?   Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:18 pm

I used to love COD 4 with a passion and used to play it loads. It was one of those games where if you were bad you couldn't rack up many kills. But now with COD 6 i just think that you can be the worst player in the world and still have a high score.
I am not saying that i want less experienced players to be at a disadvantage, but i think a lot of things need to be changed. The thing that annoys me the most is activation (or whoever it is) trying to make it super easy to rack up kills. They have had a tone of updates some being good and some being absolutely terrible. The reduction of the models strength was an excellent idea, but reducing the damage of the Intervention?? WTF??? juts because people were complaining about being one hit killed?
And the dam death streaks!!! I was one of a nuke the other day just to be killed by some guy who had painkiller??? We frequently asked infinity ward and activation to take out: Mardydom, last stand, juggernaut but instead they keep them in and change the names. WHY???
The kill steaks used to be a little added bonus to your score in the previous call of duty games, but now they win the game, LITERALLY!! Yes i do use the kill streaks and they are fun but i think they have gone a little over kill with the pure amount of kill streaks.
My idea? Just a different game type all about player skill! No perks, No kill streaks, hell no claymores. Just good old fashioned PVP!
What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/game0reviews
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?   Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:21 pm

thats mw2 4 u but it fun if ur the 1 getting kills
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?   Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:45 pm

COD 4 took it the series to the mainstream. I remember the COD games were popular, but not super popular.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?   Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:29 pm

They are too overpowered. Soon, the world will bow down to Call of Duty. But since Treyarch is making the next one, it will make the problem a little better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?   Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:48 pm

I hate Call of Duty. The only reason I will consider getting the new CoD is because, and if, they have a zombie mode like WaW did.
Back to top Go down
GrantedAccess
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
GrantedAccess

PostSubject: Re: Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?   Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:00 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I hate Call of Duty. The only reason I will consider getting the new CoD is because, and if, they have a zombie mode like WaW did.

Someone who shares the same hates I do. I do, with a passion, hate Call Of Duty. I can get much more fun from a coin-op terminator game.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?   Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:55 pm

MW2 is so un-godly unbalanced to the point where it bored me and I sold it. I need a nice balanced FPS after playing Halo & Counter-Strike for so many years.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?   Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:49 am

It saddens me that IW just about designed MW2 to cater for the mainstream "noob" players and made things like camping so easy. The series is ruined for me.
Back to top Go down
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

PostSubject: Re: Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?   Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:43 am

ghost23 wrote:
It saddens me that IW just about designed MW2 to cater for the mainstream "noob" players and made things like camping so easy. The series is ruined for me.

EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/game0reviews
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?   Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Tbh I wasn't a big fan of COD before COD MW2.
I'd played a couple of the games and thought they were a bit meh but I really really really enjoy MW2 because of the great campaign and fun multiplayer. hell, I enjoyed the campaign more than Halo 3's! (but not ODST's)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?   Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Halo Reach will ass-rape MW2 and make Activision try harder in their next game if they want to keep their popularity.

Halo used to be a really popular game but atleast it was balanced. The Reach Beta is almost more balanced than any of the Call of Duty games I've played.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?   Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Halo Reach will ass-rape MW2 and make Activision try harder in their next game if they want to keep their popularity.

Halo used to be a really popular game but atleast it was balanced. The Reach Beta is almost more balanced than any of the Call of Duty games I've played.

m 2 is not hard to beat,also they will sell cod regardless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?   Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does any one else think call of duty has gone too mainstream?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: