This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ya know why PC gaming is dying?

Go down 
+25
Inuboy1000
Jossa81
Teckno
MasterInArms
Lt Xplosi
resistance354
Stigma
Pickles
Stoney
master chief shaymin
xjosh360s
Kendo
Hurr
ZeInFormer
the RPG guy
Jamin
arnt god of war
Arbiteris
Mr. Project Natal
Sonji
Blixtstorm
DarkSwarm85
343_Guilty_Spark
ghost23
Invincible
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Ya know why PC gaming is dying? Empty
PostSubject: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:47 pm

Because you never know if a game is going to work or not. I've been trying for months to play knights of the old republic on my PC and it won't even start. My system requirements are more then sufficient and every patch I've tried hasn't worked. At least when I buy a game for 360, I'm 110% sure I can play it. No worries about graphic cards or Windows 7 incompatibilities. PC gaming can go to hell.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:37 am

I agree. Screw upgrading graphics cards, screw installing and updating drivers, screw shitty DRM and online saves, screw playing games on a computer monitor.
I would much rather go to the game store, buy the game, put it in my 360, sit back and play the game in HD on a big TV.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Console gaming is just much less of a hassle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Ok. I'll get StarCraft 2 and you won't! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:28 pm

PC Gaming FTW!!!

Total War games is more epic then every game ever created!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Sonji
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:31 pm

I'v never had any problem for PC games. Ever. And I'v put my PC through A LOT of games. But PC gaming is badass in my opinion<3
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:11 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Console gaming is just much less of a hassle.
There is a hassle to it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:53 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
PC Gaming FTW!!!

Total War games is more epic then every game ever created!

Starcraft OWNS your little Total War games
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:30 pm

RTS's and some RPG's are the only thing I use for PC gaming. Well and besides stupid games like Plants vs Zombies and Peggle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Invincible wrote:
Because you never know if a game is going to work or not. I've been trying for months to play knights of the old republic on my PC and it won't even start. My system requirements are more then sufficient and every patch I've tried hasn't worked. At least when I buy a game for 360, I'm 110% sure I can play it. No worries about graphic cards or Windows 7 incompatibilities. PC gaming can go to hell.
whered you get it from also pc gaming is quite alive
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:26 pm

Lmao, "PC gaming is dying". Yeah, its dying because you're too stupid to get a game to work. XD I've never had a problem in the 15 years I've been on the platform. From what I see console gamers say about PC gaming, it mostly just looks like fear of the platform. Dont know why.
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:34 pm

console noobs dont know crap...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:16 pm

the RPG guy wrote:
Yeah. I know its really blunt, but console gamers dont know shit. XD Especially ones that stick to one platform, and feel like they know enough to talk about everything else out on the market, but they really dont, so they stay in their safe-haven forum. XD
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:47 pm

Although I hate World of WarCraft, a shit ton of people play it...

(RTS > MMORPG)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:52 pm

PC gaming isnt dying, it just doesn't appeal to most of console gamers. But I personally think that PC gaming is a waste of money, once you buy the best rig in a week some better hardware will come out and next thing you know your PC is out dated.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:52 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
PC gaming isnt dying, it just doesn't appeal to most of console gamers. But I personally think that PC gaming is a waste of money, once you buy the best rig in a week some better hardware will come out and next thing you know your PC is out dated.

Lmao, another one, please see:
the RPG guy wrote:
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:51 am

Jamin wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

the RPG guy wrote:

I think he means that some people are on a very limited budget and for them PC gaming is just too expensive. Console gaming is the much better option especially nowdays as each generation is lasting longer and longer.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:31 pm

Its really not that expensive. ^_^ And it pretty much evens out with the difference in game pricing. Games get awesome deals on PC, like L4D2 for 17.99, BFBC2 and ME2 for 29.99, and that was when the games were weeks new! In addition to that, we get free DLC, like for L4D1 & 2, and we dont have to pay to play online. I'm sure if I did the math, console gamers would have paid way more for gaming than PC gamers. Only difference is that for PC gaming, you have to have more money up front.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Jamin wrote:
Its really not that expensive. ^_^ And it pretty much evens out with the difference in game pricing. Games get awesome deals on PC, like L4D2 for 17.99, BFBC2 and ME2 for 29.99, and that was when the games were weeks new! In addition to that, we get free DLC, like for L4D1 & 2, and we dont have to pay to play online. I'm sure if I did the math, console gamers would have paid way more for gaming than PC gamers. Only difference is that for PC gaming, you have to have more money up front.

I know what you mean, I have an outdated gaming PC and still play games and get games for it.

I got about 12 games on steam for 45 USD. Is that a deal or what.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:40 pm

I dont like PC gaming much

If I buy a video game,i dont want to have to go through installing and a bunch of that crap to just play my game.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:54 pm

Jamin wrote:
As a former 90s PC gamer, I think consoles are just better to play now. When I get a PC game, I usually want to max it out cause hey PCs do have the option to do that and to me it feels a bit awkward if I don't max it out. However, console games may charge +10 bucks, it automatically gives you the experience you need to enjoy the game. When you buy a new PC game, you want to have atleast high settings or something to atleast enjoy it. Some games on the 360 are much better to get instead of getting it on your PC. Metro 2033 is a great example. That game is a system hog and in terms of graphics with the 360 version, it's very similar so it's better to get the 360 version. Yes, PC games tend to look better on maxed settings by just a slight different or small. I don't know about you but when I play shooters on the control pad, I get real comfortable with it and it makes me never want to go back to M/KB cause you have to sterch out your arms and it feels awkward. I think the whole M/KB vs Controller is just stupid. It depends on how the game is designed really. With M/KB you can do a 180 degree turn but so can a console if they have a specific button, but it's really not needed in most games. The only thing I use my PC now is just to play old games and a couple of overlooked PC games pretty much. All new games on a console. Not only that, I heard newer PC games have been suffering more compatability issue. Painkiller on the PC for me kept crashing for like every 30-40 minutes or something and it pisses me off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Jamin wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

the RPG guy wrote:

yes, starting as a PC gamer makes me know nothing.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:

I know what you mean, I have an outdated gaming PC and still play games and get games for it.

I got about 12 games on steam for 45 USD. Is that a deal or what.
Dude, thats stellar! Did you get the free copy of Portal?

HellJumper wrote:

If I buy a video game,i dont want to have to go through installing and a bunch of that crap to just play my game.
Great point! Because GAME PATCHES and CONSOLE FIRMWARE UPDATES ARE NEVER REQUIRED TO PLAY A GAME ON A CONSOLE! x)

ZeUNINFORMED wrote:

As a former 90s PC gamer, I think consoles are just better to play now. When I get a PC game, I usually want to max it out cause hey PCs do have the option to do that and to me it feels a bit awkward if I don't max it out. However, console games may charge +10 bucks, it automatically gives you the experience you need to enjoy the game. When you buy a new PC game, you want to have atleast high settings or something to atleast enjoy it. Some games on the 360 are much better to get instead of getting it on your PC. Metro 2033 is a great example. That game is a system hog and in terms of graphics with the 360 version, it's very similar so it's better to get the 360 version. Yes, PC games tend to look better on maxed settings by just a slight different or small. I don't know about you but when I play shooters on the control pad, I get real comfortable with it and it makes me never want to go back to M/KB cause you have to sterch out your arms and it feels awkward. I think the whole M/KB vs Controller is just stupid. It depends on how the game is designed really. With M/KB you can do a 180 degree turn but so can a console if they have a specific button, but it's really not needed in most games. The only thing I use my PC now is just to play old games and a couple of overlooked PC games pretty much. All new games on a console. Not only that, I heard newer PC games have been suffering more compatability issue. Painkiller on the PC for me kept crashing for like every 30-40 minutes or something and it pisses me off.
90's PC gamer? Then how did you play Painkiller? That came out in 2004, if you were using a PC from the 90's, then thats your fault. XD Does it matter that Metro 2033 is a system hog? What are you going to be doing while the game is running? And since you dont have a PC, or Metro on the PC, how can you talk about it? I have both and I always minimize and run it in the background. =/ And you can use an Xbox360 or even a PS3 controllers on the PC. If you have a blu-tooth adapter, you can even connect the PS3 and Wii controllers. I dont know what compatibility problems you're hearing, because I'm in the PC gaming community and I've yet to hear any problems.

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

yes, starting as a PC gamer makes me know nothing.
Starting as a PC gamer, when? Stopped being a PC gamer, when? If you arent into PC gaming, how would any of you know how often a new card comes out? And just because a new card comes out, it NEVER means you have to rush out and buy it.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Jamin wrote:

HellJumper wrote:

Great point! Because GAME PATCHES and CONSOLE FIRMWARE UPDATES ARE NEVER REQUIRED TO PLAY A GAME ON A CONSOLE! x)
updates take a few secs and firmware is hardly ever updated at least on the 360.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:14 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
Jamin wrote:

HellJumper wrote:

updates take a few secs and firmware is hardly ever updated at least on the 360.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ya know why PC gaming is dying?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next