This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ya know why PC gaming is dying?

Go down 
+25
Inuboy1000
Jossa81
Teckno
MasterInArms
Lt Xplosi
resistance354
Stigma
Pickles
Stoney
master chief shaymin
xjosh360s
Kendo
Hurr
ZeInFormer
the RPG guy
Jamin
arnt god of war
Arbiteris
Mr. Project Natal
Sonji
Blixtstorm
DarkSwarm85
343_Guilty_Spark
ghost23
Invincible
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:42 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
resistance354 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Here's why PC gaming is dieing.

Bungie
Lionhead
Epic Games
Crysis
etc.

Blame Microsoft, they take formally PC exclusive companies and make them make 360 exclusives games lol. Thus is why 360 has many PC converts.

you mean Crytek right

No I mean Ensemble.

Epic are still an independent studio and only partner with Microsoft. They can still make PC exclusive games if they want.
It's not any fault of Microsoft, the developers see the install base of the consoles, and they see that all the money is made there.

Never played any of Epic's games, I should sometime.

You've never played Gears or Unreal, damn you've missed out on some quality games.

I don't get why people say "missed out" when the game is still on store shelves.

Anyway, I was considering purchasing them.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:43 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
resistance354 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Here's why PC gaming is dieing.

Bungie
Lionhead
Epic Games
Crysis
etc.

Blame Microsoft, they take formally PC exclusive companies and make them make 360 exclusives games lol. Thus is why 360 has many PC converts.

you mean Crytek right

No I mean Ensemble.

Epic are still an independent studio and only partner with Microsoft. They can still make PC exclusive games if they want.
It's not any fault of Microsoft, the developers see the install base of the consoles, and they see that all the money is made there.

Never played any of Epic's games, I should sometime.

You've never played Gears or Unreal, damn you've missed out on some quality games.

I don't get why people say "missed out" when the game is still on store shelves.

Anyway, I was considering purchasing them.

The campaign alone is worth a purchase of Gears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:04 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
The campaign alone is worth a purchase of Gears.

Agreed, Gears 1 and 2 are both great gaming experiences. I think its on the list for a must play for 360 owners.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:41 am

Lt Xplosi wrote:
Sigh... if one thing pc gaming is heading to it is success
playing oblivion on Ps3 or xbox is NOTHING compared to the Pc oblivion
i jjust downloaded fable TLC to my pc and hey!
fable TLC is by far my Fav fable so far
and it works better, faster and you can mod it Surprised
seriously modding is more famous then ever that is why TES and fallout are appealing
to gamers they are awsome to begin with
and you can make 'em more awsome

Pc will always be my fav however console gaming are more how to put it relaxing and fun sometimes

Right, just like GTA IV on PC was nothing compared to the consoles. The difference was that the console versions actually worked.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 5:31 am

yeah like that but
the opposite xD

and GTAIV worked well on my pc ....
and one of my friends
but i know many who cant get it t work or dont have the Specs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Guys, GTAIV was garbage anyway, it doesnt matter Razz
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:26 pm

I liked it. :3
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:26 pm

Lt Xplosi wrote:
yeah like that but
the opposite xD

and GTAIV worked well on my pc ....
and one of my friends
but i know many who cant get it t work or dont have the Specs

lol
Back to top Go down
MasterInArms

MasterInArms

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm still hoping Halo Wars comes to PC.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:01 pm

MasterInArms wrote:
I'm still hoping Halo Wars comes to PC.
that avatar of yours wont be appriciated by some of the mods Razz im fine with it it is just an avatar
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:05 pm

i know why pc gaming is dying

- because all 360 / PC games are almost always better on pc (not controllers however)
- because Pc gaming is cheap
- because people play all online games like WoW and such
- Because almost 75 % likes pc more then consoles

---------------

now i like 360 because of
Halo and other 360 exclusive only
and i never play FPS on my pc

consoles are for
Some RPGs
FPS
3rdP shooters
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Lt Xplosi wrote:

- because all 360 / PC games are almost always better on pc (not controllers however)

---------------

consoles are for
Some RPGs
FPS
3rdP shooters
Well, you can use a controller on the PC.
Omg, I'm defending the PC! Someone kill me now!
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:10 pm

ColorfulNose wrote:
Lt Xplosi wrote:

---------------

consoles are for
Some RPGs
FPS
3rdP shooters
Well, you can use a controller on the PC.
Omg, I'm defending the PC! Someone kill me now!
ARGH!! (shoots several bullets missing each and everyone)
well i know but it isnt the same experience you get when playing an actual 360 Razz
so i like booth equally just depending on the games
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:08 pm

I love gaming on my PC. I can use my Saitek Ps 2700 PS3/USB controller which even offers the ability to change the location of the left analog and D-pad to an Xbox controllers positions. For Sony fans you can experience a number of the Xbox's games without having to buy another console.

Since most households have a computer nowadays PC gaming is fairly cheap and a logical choice for most people on a budget. If PC gaming is dying its cause of the lack of support for the developers through pirating.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:40 am

Something cannot die if it is a billion dollar industry. That's like saying the pizza restaurant across the street is going out of business because there is a KFC restaruant right next to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:32 am

excellent metafor
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
GamerKing

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 3:39 am

I freaking have the same problems too!!!! Its annoying!
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
GamerKing

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 3:42 am

But isnt windows 7 best for playing most PC games?
Back to top Go down
NobelSniper

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 7:58 pm

People have been saying PC gaming has been dying for the past ten years but it's simply not true:

Starcraft 2 sold 1.8 million units on day one and that is excluding Korea where the franchise is almost a damn nation sport (if you don't believe me google it, people win hundreds of thousands of dollars in these compos)

PC games sell well despite what NPD tells you, because NPD does not count Steam sales, the PCs biggest platform for buying games

I regularly see 2.5 million to 3 million people logged into steam every day

The Witcher 2 has had just over 250,000 preorders on Steam alone, this does not count retail or Good Old Games service

they are just numbers, just because PC is a small show in retail when you go into gamestop/Gamestation/Game ect.... is because Steam was so successful in converting people from buying boxed copies, less demand means less copies made.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:54 pm

NobelSniper wrote:
People have been saying PC gaming has been dying for the past ten years but it's simply not true:

Starcraft 2 sold 1.8 million units on day one and that is excluding Korea where the franchise is almost a damn nation sport (if you don't believe me google it, people win hundreds of thousands of dollars in these compos)

PC games sell well despite what NPD tells you, because NPD does not count Steam sales, the PCs biggest platform for buying games

The Witcher 2 has had just over 250,000 preorders on Steam alone, this does not count retail or Good Old Games service

they are just numbers, just because PC is a small show in retail when you go into gamestop/Gamestation/Game ect.... is because Steam was so successful in converting people from buying boxed copies, less demand means less copies made.
Not only that, but there are TONS of other places on the net to buy games for cheap prices. Sometimes the Developers or Publishers will run a crazy sale on their own site, Impulse is a great place to find deals, and so is CD Key Warehouse. There are some other places, but their names escape me.
Back to top Go down
NobelSniper

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Jamin wrote:
NobelSniper wrote:

Not only that, but there are TONS of other places on the net to buy games for cheap prices. Sometimes the Developers or Publishers will run a crazy sale on their own site, Impulse is a great place to find deals, and so is CD Key Warehouse. There are some other places, but their names escape me.

I was just generalizing, see NPD never counts digital downloads so the PCs biggest market in terms of pure sales is not counted which is a fatal flaw and makes it look like PC gaming has a non exsistant fan base
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 9:38 am

Just because PC gaming is "great" doesnt mean the industry itself cant be dying(dying does not mean dead btw).

If PC gamers keep continue to pirate games than yes, the industry is dying.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 9:29 pm

Just a question...

How many people are members of Steam so far?
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:23 pm

Pickles wrote:
Just a question...

How many people are members of Steam so far?

I think It broke 30 million over the summer. And broke 25 million in January.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/01/29/valve-announce-25-million-users-for-steam/
Back to top Go down
Scolar Visari
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Scolar Visari

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:28 pm

PIRACY SUCKS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ya know why PC gaming is dying?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next