This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The real problem with MW2

Go down 
+9
Kendo
santosj95
DarkSwarm85
DemonWolf
M3A7L04F
Noelol
joe11
ghost23
Stigma
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

The real problem with MW2 Empty
PostSubject: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:10 pm

I went through like 3 days of hardcore MW2 playing and I realized something. It's not the guns or perks or killstreaks that are the problem. It's the damn maps! Maps like Underpass, Estate, Wastleland, Derail, Subbase, Karachi, and sometimes Afghan and Rundown are terrible! The rest 8/16 maps are just fine.

(I don't have the new maps)

They are too damn spread out, not merely length and width wise but height size too! Karachi has too many fucking building and different stories that everybody loves to camp at a window or rooftop. The map is a piece of shit. Same with places like Estate and Underpass, too much cover and too many vantage points. It merely encourages camping. Sure the others like Terminal and Invasion have their share of campers, but they at least have run and gunners. The other 8 above take too damn long to finish because everything is slowed to a crawl, while a map like rust or scrapyard is finished quickly.

And don't get me started on FFA! I like it but Holy Shit! WTF is with all the boosters? On Favela or something you can find the boosters, I've killed like all boosters on that map that have ever been there because it's smaller than usual and you hear the gunshots when you are close, or just by looking in random corners you can find them! But in a FFA map like Underpass it's too big too find them and the campers will get you if you move around too much.

I think IW should put in some mode like a preferred map or even better; an avoid map option. This way you could avoid those shit-fuck maps like Underpass and It'd all be a little less crappy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Ehh, maps are just part of the problem...
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 3:26 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Really? Cause I thoroughly enjoy a map of skidrow or scrapyard. Guns aren't really overpowered, just some can be kinda cheap like the AK, but it isn't that bad. Killstreaks are owned by Stinger, so no problem there. Perks, you can use yourself, so there is no use bitching about them, as commando and painkiller are usually the ones people bitch about anyways.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:23 pm

It's almost like they designed the maps for camping....
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:39 pm

it's not the maps their pretty good it just that mw2 has auto aim 4 its guns, and that perks like commando, one man army and other ruin it
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Terminal is the best. Some of the maps are good and the other maps suck.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:39 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Terminal is the best. Some of the maps are good and the other maps suck.
agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:26 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Really? Cause I thoroughly enjoy a map of skidrow or scrapyard. Guns aren't really overpowered, just some can be kinda cheap like the AK, but it isn't that bad. Killstreaks are owned by Stinger, so no problem there. Perks, you can use yourself, so there is no use bitching about them, as commando and painkiller are usually the ones people bitch about anyways.

Ump? That should be under the "future uber SMG" category, not just SMG. It is way to powerful and acurate for a normal SMG. And I still have a problem with having to have my secondary gun as a stinger just to balance the killstreaks, same with perks.
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:29 am

I just play S&D
I might just sell it to get COD4 back
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:29 am

Yeah I noticed that. But that's only one of the problems...there are too many buildings to go in and you can hide really easily, just camp & kill. But that's not the main problem. It's the people who play. I can go through a game without even staying in a place for more than 8 seconds. It's just that everyone else does stay in a place for ages.
Campers are the worst thing about the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

The best way to solve this issue is to trade in your copy of MW2 and get Left 4 Dead 2.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:41 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
The best way to solve this issue is to trade in your copy of MW2 and get Left 4 Dead 2.

Twisted Evil
Or trade it with The Orange Box (It has Team Fortress 2)
Even though it has 6 maps and each map has their own game type, its really addicting to play and there are different classes to play such as the scout and the pyro.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:17 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Ump? That should be under the "future uber SMG" category, not just SMG. It is way to powerful and acurate for a normal SMG. And I still have a problem with having to have my secondary gun as a stinger just to balance the killstreaks, same with perks.

WTF is up with people and the UMP? That thing sucks I don't see the what's so great about it.
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:30 pm

I'm afraid to say it has alot of problems, and some of the maps are indeed part of it.

Some are so badly built you can easily exploit them.

I once saw someone kill the entire team in the beggining of the game, in a matter of seconds, 10 max, with a rocket launcher on Estate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:50 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

WTF is up with people and the UMP? That thing sucks I don't see the what's so great about it.

Are you kidding me? That gun is amazingly good. WAY to good. The accuracy is insane, and the power is unreal.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:57 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Are you kidding me? That gun is amazingly good. WAY to good. The accuracy is insane, and the power is unreal.

Really? I find the recoil to be pretty heavy so I have to fire it in bursts. I only use it cause it lets me move faster when I switch to my secondary weapon. I use a knifing class sometimes. I know it's really assholish but it's actually really fun doing so.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Only problem I see with the game is it is not fun. CoD4 was better, how they could ruin that experience is unquestionable. All I know is that MW2 should be better than the original, but no its not. Maps are only one part of a bigger problem. Well I better get Bad Company 2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:28 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Really? I find the recoil to be pretty heavy so I have to fire it in bursts. I only use it cause it lets me move faster when I switch to my secondary weapon. I use a knifing class sometimes. I know it's really assholish but it's actually really fun doing so.

Lol I love knife running :DDD

The UMP's recoil isn't the greatest, but even in bursts it is unreal in power and accuracy. It has some recoil, but that doesn't change it that its accuracy is insane.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:09 am

theres so many problems with this games multiplayer
The Maps
The guns (RAIL GUNS)
the high kill streaks that are OP (cough chopper gunner cough?)

all of these make people camp more
and also Claymores with scavenger is total BS
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:31 am

Am I the only guy who likes sneaking up on boosters?
Back to top Go down
micheal82
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
micheal82

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:58 am

Pickles wrote:
I have a class set up for boosters
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Joe DeRita wrote:
Imo, the guns and maps are fine.
It's the perks that add an advantage.
you dont know what ur sayin
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Pickles wrote:

I love killing boosters. I put on my turtle beach headset and I can hear those fuckers from a mile away lol.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:13 am

The problem with Modern Warfare 2 is...

Infinity Ward took their time over COD4 making sure it was as good as it possibly could be, mainly because they were unsure as to whether it would be a success or not and they had to do some major convincing of Activision to allow them to make a Call of Duty game set in the present day.

The end result was that Infinity Ward created a truly amazing game with COD4. Unfortunatley MW2's problems started right there because Activision saw the money making potential of the Modern Warfare series and started to pressure Infinity Ward to design and release a sequal within a strict deadline.

The second problem was with the Developers because they had such a massive hit with COD4 which nobody expected they started to believe they could develop anything in the Modern Warfare universe and it would be pure gold.

The third and final problem was with Robert Bowling/the gamers because let's be realistic Infinity Ward created COD4, not the general public and the worst thing they chose to do was let Robert Bowling go and get feedback from the gamers and ask what they wanted to see in the next Modern Warfare game. No offence to anyone on here but the majority of people are pants on head stupid and the last thing they should be allowed is a say on a game's multiplayer (especially considering there was NOTHING wrong with the multiplayer on COD4 in the first place) the expression "if it aint broke don't fix it" springs to mind.

As a result we were left with larger maps with many vantage points with a clear 360 degree view to encourage camping. Endless kill streaks which are easliy achieved by camping and last but not least the most retarded spawn points i've seen in a COD game which seem to flip the teams from one end of the map to the other. For example when you played a match on COD4 you begin at one corner of the map and you could camp at that spot for the entire match and you would barely see a single player from the opposing team spawn near that location, whereas if you do the exact same thing on MW2 you will see people from the opposing team respawning right infront of you all the time and that split second of confusion by respawning at the opposite end of the map is enough for the camper to kill you before you can see them or even move.

I think i've just about covered everything there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with MW2   The real problem with MW2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The real problem with MW2
Page 1 of 1