This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade   Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:50 pm

http://kotaku.com/5515990/in-case-you-missed-it-yu+gi+oh-is-coming-to-xbox-live-arcade

Quote :
Konami debuted a new Yu-Gi-Oh! title last week, but Konami brings out a new Yu-Gi-Oh! game every other week. What's different about Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels? It's coming to Xbox Live Arcade.

I have to admit, I completely skipped over Konami's Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels news earlier this week, because as I mentioned previously, it seems like there's a new title based on the anime/collectible card game/toy franchise every time I turn around. I'm currently hip-deep in World Championship 201: Reverse of Arcadia for the DS as it is, and as such couldn't even afford to ponder a new Yu-Gi-Oh! title. That's why I completely missed the fact that the latest entry in the series brings the popular card game to Xbox Live Arcade.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels, due out this spring on Xbox Live Arcade, is a full-fledged Yu-Gi-Oh! title, complete with a story mode and plenty of opportunities to upgrade your starter deck with booster packs featuring cards from the game's 11 year run.

And you'll need those cards, as Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels also features online duels for up to four players, with rules customization, voice chat, and leaderboards.

Kiddie cartoon tie-in aside, Yu-Gi-Oh! as a collectible card game rivals Magic: The Gathering in scope and complexity. My nephew introduced me to it some eight years ago, and I've gotten worse while he's gotten better. Our matches generally involve me laying down two cards and then shouting obscenities for five to ten minutes as he makes the ridiculously drawn-out duels from the cartoon look like games of rock-paper-scissors.

And now he'll be able to beat me online. Great. Thanks, Konami.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade   Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:52 pm

I actually might get this. Loved Yu Gi Oh back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade   Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:53 pm

I used to play this game religiously with all my friends until we slowly grew out of it. However a couple months back I found out that the show was still going and cards were still being released so I bought Yu-Gi-Oh! long title 2009 for my DS a couple months back and I kinda grew back into this. I think I might actually get this game. Oh and there's no PSN version announced so it's probably XBLA exclusive or at least a timed exclusive. So bragging rights.

Happy DarthQBall?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade   Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:55 pm

Off topic but how come my high school teachers crackdown on bad grammar when professionals do it too?
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade   Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:50 pm

meh. i could care less about yugioh. im sold everything and moves onto something else.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade   Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:56 pm

gamer4life wrote:
meh. i could care less about yugioh. im sold everything and moves onto something else.

Didn't just a few weeks ago you said you reffed a tournament and got like 24 or 48 booster packs or something? Well it's just an XBLA game with the whole library and online for like $10 bucks so I'm thinking it'll be a little better than in real life. And if newer cards come in DLC then it'll totally beat buying real cards. (even if it's not as uhh... collectible)
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade   Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:11 am

Joe DeRita wrote:
Sucks that it's the new lame D5 garbage.
I like the GX series better and the regular series the most
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
Static103
Master Chief Petty Officer
Static103

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade   Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:20 pm

they better make the free roam elements just the same as the first yu-gi-oh gx tag-force on the PSP
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade   Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Static103 wrote:
they better make the free roam elements just the same as the first yu-gi-oh gx tag-force on the PSP

They've been doing that with every game they've released for the last couple of years. Even the World Championship Tournament ones on the DS.

I think that they'll have a story mode/campaign type of thing, and then a separate free duel type of mode where you can unlock different characters and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Static103
Static103

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade   Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:27 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Static103 wrote:

They've been doing that with every game they've released for the last couple of years. Even the World Championship Tournament ones on the DS.

I think that they'll have a story mode/campaign type of thing, and then a separate free duel type of mode where you can unlock different characters and stuff.

ya i reckon the first one was the best because you had to bond with the main characters to progress through out the whole story by doing them favors and stuff. the sequel to the first one was kinda crap coz you had to go to school and do these irritating mini games and you always had to walk with your partner
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade   Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:35 pm

Static103 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Static103 wrote:

ya i reckon the first one was the best because you had to bond with the main characters to progress through out the whole story by doing them favors and stuff. the sequel to the first one was kinda crap coz you had to go to school and do these irritating mini games and you always had to walk with your partner

Are you talking about the PSP ones? Cause I haven't played those. Only the GBA and DS ones. But yeah that sounds annoying.
Back to top Go down
Static103
Static103

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade   Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:39 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Static103 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Static103 wrote:

Are you talking about the PSP ones? Cause I haven't played those. Only the GBA and DS ones. But yeah that sounds annoying.

ya i was talking about the PSP ones lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade   Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade Empty

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! On XBL Arcade
Page 1 of 1