This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flood Control...

Go down 
+4
Jossa81
Lt Xplosi
343_Guilty_Spark
Stigma
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:27 pm

I understand what it's for, but why is it in effect when editing a post? Sometimes I will post and then afterwards I notice a misspell (like instead of typing their I put there) or grammar error because it doesn't always underline with a red line. Then I go to edit my post but then I have to wait 30 seconds before I can repost it. I know it seems like a minor issue but I'm pretty impatient and I don't see the point in having to wait when I'm merely editing a post as apposed to adding an entirely new post.

Or sometimes I just want to edit it to rephrase something I said to simplify it or make it seem more professional. Like how I rephrased the paragraph above 3 times.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Example: I noticed I put "apposed" instead of "opposed", it's a minor mistake but I'll have to wait 30 seconds when it takes like 2 to fix it.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Sorry for the inconvenience but trolls/spammers find it even more of a hassle then you do and that's what it's for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Stigma
Stigma

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:04 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Sorry for the inconvenience but trolls/spammers find it even more of a hassle then you do and that's what it's for.

Yeah but isn't there a way to set it to just prevent post spamming and not when editing a post?
Back to top Go down

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:03 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Yeah but isn't there a way to set it to just prevent post spamming and not when editing a post?

Not really that I am aware, but it is a troll's inconvenience, but as a member here that sometimes edits, I see no problem with waiting.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:53 pm

i too think it is annoying but still it works more then fine imo
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:49 am

I've only posted about a dozen times so far and have run into this problem once. I do agree that having to wait 30 seconds will significantly reduce spammers and that 30 seconds isn't that long to wait. I'm typically a grammar freak myself so I know what you're talking about though
Back to top Go down

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:43 pm

I think it should be at least reduced seeing as how registration is like always closed..
Back to top Go down

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:15 pm

Ok. Since registration is ALWAYS closed now, and MLD makes people accounts can we take off flood control? Or atleast reduce it...
Back to top Go down

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:59 am

Anyone read this? Anyone? Razz
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:37 am

I agree with reducing flood control. If I notice a spelling error in one of my posts, it bothers me to no end. Also, if I feel like I've worded something poorly and found a better way to reword it, I would like to do so before someone else replies so as to avoid confusion.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:42 pm

I agree. The Flood NEED to be controlled, no one better then the Chimera to put them in there place, HJ Wink
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:21 pm

I hate flood control.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:23 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Considering that this forum blocked all registration, it shouldn't be such a big deal anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flood Control... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Control...   Flood Control... Empty

Back to top Go down

Flood Control...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements, Rules, and Regulations :: Rules and Regulations-
Jump to: