This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?

Go down 
+5
igame
DaveSGE
Stoney
343_Guilty_Spark
Stigma
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? Empty
PostSubject: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:22 pm

Like the title says, is it even that special? I mean like 90% of the games are multiplats that the consoles share with each other. In the past it would've been great because like half of the games were exclusive to a system, thus a large as hell exclusive selection. However now most games are multiplats. I own both a PS3 and 360 and I can easily live without the PS3. It makes a great blue ray player sure, but I could easily live without the games it has. Exclusives are the best games for a console. However those are very few in number. The PS3 has exclusives like inFamous, Valkyrie Chronicles, Motorstorm, Warhawk, etc., sure they are good games, but multiplats like GTAIV, Bioshock 1&2, Ass Creed, Blazblue, Street Fighter, Elder Scrolls, Fallout 3, etc. are a hell of a lot better. In short, most system exclusives aren't even better than mutliplats. So what's the point? You get like 3 or 4 games that are better than multiplats by getting another system, but the rest of the exclusive library is topped by multiplats! Doesn't that seem like a waste of money?

I got a PS3 and the following games
Killzone 2
Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain
LBP
Valkyrie Chronicles
Metal Gear Solid 4
R&C TOD
Batman AA
Dirt
God of War Collection
Shit, instead those exclusives like R&C TOD, VC, Kz2, and LBP I could have boughten games like Ass Creed 2, Dragon Age Origins, BlazBlue, and Dirt 2 which are probably just as good! So what did I really gain in getting those exclusives when I could've just gotten Multiplats that are the same quality or better?

It kinda seems like a waste of money to me. Do you guys think it's actually worth getting a second system? If I could go back in time I'd not have bought that PS3 in the first place and have had a shit load of money to spend on other games that are just as good. And the average blue ray player now is like $150 anyways.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:25 pm

There is nothing on PS3 that is needed to live life. However without Halo a person's life force dims until you're nothing but an empty husk of a creature. That's why Xbox 360 is a necessity and PS3 fanboys aren't human anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:32 pm

Its great alright. Its all about taste. If games like UC 1 and 2, GoW 3, LBP, MGS 4, KZ 2, Infamous etc dont intrest you then there is no point in getting a PS3.

I myself only buy exclusive games for it.

Last edited by xSTONEYx187x on Wed May 12, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:38 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Its great alright. Its all about taste. If games like UC 1 and 2, GoW 3, LBP, MGS 4, KZ 2, Infamous etc dont intrest you then there is no point in getting a PS3.

I myself only by exclusive games for it.

Uncharted is good

I thought MGS4 was a disappointed.

Ninja Gaiden and DMC are better than Gow so I'm good there. However I'm pissed as shit that Tecmo put the Xbox "exclusive" Ninja Gaiden franchise on PS3 with exclusive content.

Everything else I didn't care for.

Heavy Rain is the best though.

hmm, Heavy Rain and Uncharted is all I really care for. I rented MAG and it was good. But i sure as hell ain't buying it. And I heard the community is just about dead on it anyways.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:41 pm

I've heard MAG is shit so I'll pass on that. I honestly prefered DMC to GoW until I played 3. It changed my opinion drastically.

But again its all about taste.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:46 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
I've heard MAG is shit so I'll pass on that. I honestly prefered DMC to GoW until I played 3. It changed my opinion drastically.

But again its all about taste.

The controls don't suck. After a patch the graphics improved like 3X better than they were at launch so it looks decent. And I only liked it cause I was really good at it. I got like a 48 Killstreak on it and like a 3.00 K/D. Although almost no one has mics, there is faction unbalancing, and there aren't enough maps. And you get a shit load more kills when defending and a shit load more deaths when attacking.

It's decent.
Back to top Go down
DaveSGE
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
DaveSGE

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:51 pm

I prefer owning both because I enjoy the opportunity of playing the best both consoles have to offer. I don't see the point in missing out on great titles like Mass Effect 2 or God of War 3 simply because it isn't available on one or the other.

Since I enjoy gaming as a hobby and a profession, I think I should do my best to get the most out of it (that I can afford) -- after all, that's what a hobby is there for, IMO.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:27 am

DaveSGE wrote:
I prefer owning both because I enjoy the opportunity of playing the best both consoles have to offer. I don't see the point in missing out on great titles like Mass Effect 2 or God of War 3 simply because it isn't available on one or the other.

Since I enjoy gaming as a hobby and a profession, I think I should do my best to get the most out of it (that I can afford) -- after all, that's what a hobby is there for, IMO.

What is your profession?
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:56 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
DaveSGE wrote:

What is your profession?

Ha ooh! Ha ooh! Ha ooh!
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:56 am

Consider this...

Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? Black-kuro-wii-juni-4-2009
Back to top Go down
DaveSGE
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
DaveSGE

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:17 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
DaveSGE wrote:

What is your profession?

I own an Academic Gaming network.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:21 am

i got a PS3 for Christmas haven't used it in about 2 months just sitting there collecting dust almost no exclusives interest me only one i have liked so far is infamous i have LBP but i find it boring i only have 3 games for it
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:25 pm

DaveSGE wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
DaveSGE wrote:

What is your profession?

I own an Academic Gaming network.

What does that mean?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Ive been debating with myself if I want to get a ps3 late this year or not.Damn I cant decide.....
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:36 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Ive been debating with myself if I want to get a ps3 late this year or not.Damn I cant decide.....
I felt the same i wanted one for Uncharted 2 so i got it now im done with it and as i said its collecting dust....a waste of £250 if you ask me
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:40 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
I felt the same i wanted one for Uncharted 2 so i got it now im done with it and as i said its collecting dust....a waste of £250 if you ask me

Too bad you didn't just rent the system for a weekend.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:01 am

The game on the ps3 I care about is Metal Gear Solid 4. Maybe it's not worth it to buy a system for just one game eh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?   Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is owning a 360 and PS3 even that great?
Page 1 of 1