This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alan Wake Review

Go down 
+7
Noelol
daveMastaKill
Alan1994
DemonWolf
Stigma
ghost23
Pein
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:03 pm

ALAN WAKE IS FINALY HERE!!!! after 7 years of development..is this game a pure win or a utter miss?
lets find out

THE STORY
probably the best part..the story is about a writer named alan wake,he suffers from writers block (its a disease that he cant write a single word regarding of making books),his wife alice is worried about that and he brings him in the "peaceful town" knows as bright falls,its a small city in mountains,the reason alice bringed alan to bright falls is because she wanted to cure him of the writers block so he can write books more and be popular again..he arrives in a diner to find the landlord of the house they are renting but alan finds a strange woman in black and she says that the landlord couldnt come and she gave him the keys that the landlord was supposed to give to alan,he gets them and leaves,but you soon find out,the landlord appears and he was calling alan while his wife was driving,but they couldnt hear him,they arrive at the cabin,they settle in and then alice falls in the lake,alan jumps and he wakes up 1 week later in a wrecked car,he gets out and sees people getting crazy and try to attack him,he first encounters the landlord and near the end of episode 1,he gets in a big showdown with him.He also finds pages of a book called "departure" which he never finished and he doesnt remember writing those pages..as the story goes,it gets more crazy and fucked up and the end is seriously epic and weird,its preety cool how the story progresses,its like a tv show similar to lost or any other paranormal tv shows,which when you finish a episode,everytime when you start the next one it says "previously on alan wake" and theres footage of the cutscenes in the last episodes were,which gets you pumped for the next one,the game is 8-10 hours depending on the difficulty..

so for the story
10.0 seriously one of the best videogame stories ever made and i truly enjoyed it a lot

THE GRAPHICS
everyone says the graphics are mindblowingly awesome judging from the trailers,personaly for me,when i saw the graphics in the trailers,they looked great but not mindblowing...BUT!! when i played the game..the graphics are ZOMGZ!!!!!!!!!!!! *nose bleed" everything about the graphics is just WOW!!! the enviroments are fucking phenomenal,and the trees moving creeps you out,the atmosphere in the game is just HOLY SHIT!! everytime you walk in the forest,you feel lonely and you might get attacked from any side,also similar to the story,some places fit very together and the last episode is crazy as shit and you will see a lot of the power the game has..this maybe off the review.but i think this game looks better than mass effect 2,gears 2,uncharted 2 and god of war 3,no questions asked..this is the best graphics ive seen in a videogame so far,the character look amazing,their emotions are reflected towards you and the sound is preety spooky,the animations maybe a bit stiff but its rare,and most of the animations look realistic,seriously this game graphics are a jewel..

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
now the gameplay,i gave a 10 to the story and the graphics,but what about the gameplay? well this maybe falls down a bit..the game maybe repetitive for some people and they can throw the controller,it gets more exciting in the second half of the game (episode 4,5 and 6) the first 3 episodes are freaking great,but they are kinda repetitive,the places look similar and the ways the enemy attacks is soo predictable,i wish remedy shouldve focused on the first half,but back to the game,this game aint free roam,its linear,but its still fun to see in what angle you are going to attack the enemy and how to destroy him,you have a flashlight (which can be upgraded),flares and flare guns,also the strongest way to kill the "taken" is the flashbang,it destroys any object or enemy,no matter how big the object is..the basic goal is to point at the enemy and when the circle of light dissapears,you have to shoot him to kill him like a normal enemy,some take 4 bullets,some take 1 and some take 2..its a great combinations to how are you going to react to the enemy and how fast you are going to kill him,the checkpoints are the save heavens and sometimes when you dont have ammo and theres too many enemies,you have to run and the save havens will be there..
as i said,the gameplay is a bit boring and the first half is really boring and slow from the start,it doesnt get the suspense,till like the 4th episode and from then on,its freaking epic and its soo tense..also you can drive,but the driving sucks and thats a big minus to me,once i got stuck in a tree and couldnt reverse or go forward,so i had to restart the checkpoint,which pissed me off.

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
the fun factor..well did i enjoyed alan wake? absolutely,the graphics and the story are freaking amazing and the gameplay isnt well done as the graphics and the story,i think remedy tried to make the story,highlight of the game,which they did but they didnt tweaked the gameplay as much as the story and the graphics,still the gameplay is mostly fun till the second half of the game and its gets more epic.well alan wake is a breathtaking experience from the beginning to the end,which everyone needs to play this amazing game,i suggest buy it if you are a horror fan and psychotic thrillers fan or a mystery tv shows fan,this game is a must buy,as for the others,buy it if you want or rent it,because i think everyone needs to play this game and i think its one of the best games this year no matter what people say..

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:ALAN WAKE GETS A....

9.5=BUY IT OR RENT IT WHATEVER,YOU NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Wow that was very quick. Nice review. Will definitely be picking this up.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:19 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Wow that was very quick. Nice review. Will definitely be picking this up.
well i didnt had a lot of stuff to do today,so i got the game this morning and beat it two hours ago
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptyFri May 14, 2010 11:19 pm

So you've beat the game already?
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:18 am

BlackStigma wrote:
So you've beat the game already?
yeah i did
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:49 am

Wow, that really was quick.

Very good review. You covered everything. I'm not surprised that you found the graphics impressive. From the screens it looks like some of the best I've ever seen too. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:58 pm

On the back of the game case. Does it say "harddrive required"?
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
On the back of the game case. Does it say "harddrive required"?

Yes
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:46 pm

OMFG. I just got this game yesterday. Everything about it is just purely amazing. If it can maintain this quality, it's soon becoming one of my favourite games of all time.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 6:36 am

ghost23 wrote:
OMFG. I just got this game yesterday. Everything about it is just purely amazing. If it can maintain this quality, it's soon becoming one of my favourite games of all time.

Oh cool!! Razz

Are you going to change your Avatar to something Alan Wake related? hehe
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 6:58 am

demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Oh cool!! Razz

Nah I won't, some people already got Alan Wake as their avatar and I'm the only one with Ezio. Anyway Ezio is cooler than Alan Wake.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:50 pm

ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Oh cool!! Razz

Nah I won't, some people already got Alan Wake as their avatar and I'm the only one with Ezio. Anyway Ezio is cooler than Alan Wake.

Haha oh okay.

But Altair is cooler than Ezio Razz
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:13 am

demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Oh cool!! Razz

Haha oh okay.

Now that's where you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:07 am

ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Oh cool!! Razz

Haha oh okay.

Now that's where you're wrong.

Your wrong in your accusations that I am wrong. Razz
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:17 pm

Another review from you...how many reviews did you make?
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:26 am

NoelX2 wrote:
Another review from you...how many reviews did you make?
lyke ovar nine thousandz
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:45 pm

i wouldnt give the story a 10 because the ending was a cliffhanger and we will be forced to buy the sequel or DLC to see the rest of it

i also wouldnt give the graphics a 10 because the lip sync is horrible!

but the rest of the review is great!
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
i wouldnt give the story a 10 because the ending was a cliffhanger and we will be forced to buy the sequel or DLC to see the rest of it

The ending is typical of a thriller, its a cliffhanger and open to interpretation. I personally thought it was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 5:33 am

ghost23 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

The ending is typical of a thriller, its a cliffhanger and open to interpretation. I personally thought it was amazing.

i was looking on youtube and someoneexplained the ending to me. now it all makes sense to me cheers
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:30 pm

The ending was too predictable. I guessed what the ending was going to be early into the game.
Back to top Go down
spartan225

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:34 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

The ending was lazy but everything else was brilliant
Back to top Go down

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:57 pm

This game looks fun, I might go buy it now.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:19 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

I'm getting it tomorrow. I'm so excited! (It's the limited edition as well).
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 9:21 am

DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Its a great game. The music is top notch. Everything about the game is. Although it is a bit repetitive.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:06 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Its a great game. The music is top notch. Everything about the game is. Although it is a bit repetitive.

Cool! I'm really excited. It looks like the kind of game I'd like. I'm skeptical about the whole "torch as a weapon" thing but, ah well. The immersion is enough to make it worth a buy from me Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alan Wake Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Review   Alan Wake Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Alan Wake Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: